Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Estimated Delivery, etc

PAISLEY1903

Yes I did think of the Red sea problem may affect my car delivery but about 10 days ago I received an email from Toyota as well as the notification from My Toyota apps saying the car was going to the dealer.

1 hour ago, philip42h said:

Just a thought ... it normally takes around 30 days for cars to reach Portbury from Japan and then 2-4 weeks to get through Burnaston, to the dealer and through PDI.

But the ships would normally go through the Red Sea and the Suez Canal. With all the Houti nonsense going on right now it is possible that the ships are taking a more scenic route and, perhaps, a little longer ... ?

Thanks Phillp you make a very good point there,maybe I may have the reply I’m looking for when the dealership get back to me,

It could be I’m a tad sensitive because my friend ordered two Rav4 phev cars for him and his son in February 22 and they got them in November 22 and he is convinced I wouldn’t get it on time,so far he has been proved right.

Thank you for the reply’s guys I will use this site more for information now I’ve found it  .very decent of you to take time to answer my query.

Desy

3 hours ago, Flatcoat said:

The fact you appear to have been told the cars are shipped into London and then distributed to the dealer suggests your dealer is fobbing you off. Philip42h answer is correct and that is the process my PHEV went through, you need to be getting ‘firm’ with your dealer. 

I apologise I said London but I really didn’t listen properly and my wife has corrected me and said it was Bristol Portbury  so I can’t blame them for that Doh!!

This is definitely one of the better forums! 

I ordered my GR Sport mid/late December, and it arrived at the dealer no more than 6 weeks later. 
The app kept me updated throughout. 

1 hour ago, P_J said:

I ordered my GR Sport mid/late December, and it arrived at the dealer no more than 6 weeks later. 
The app kept me updated throughout. 

Thanks p-J 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links