Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav4 Estimated Delivery, etc

PAISLEY1903

Had an update on my Rav4 delivery today from the dealer which said "delivery is showing as 1st September and we will need the car for 4 working days at this point.

When I go into the Toyota App its showing the "left the factory" is ticked and its moved down to "in transit" with a picture of the car on back of a truck on way to dealer...

Anyone else had differences ?

Craig, apologies for going slightly off topic but can I ask how you get the MyT app to track your build please?

I've just ordered a Corolla Sports Tourer and have the MyT app downloaded but it's asking me for either VIN or Registration numbers before I can get any further. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

Where do you perceived there to be 'differences' Craig?

I confess, my car was in my garage before the "app" became aware of its existence and so I never had the joy of tracking it through production ... but the factory your car has left is in Japan. It will be shipped to the UK by sea, and this has been known to take up to three months depending on sailing schedules - assuming the the Suez canal remains open! A delivery estimate of 1st September at the dealer seems reasonable - it may arrive a bit sooner; it could be delayed ...

I followed the MyT app and the steps after the shipping from Japan showed landing at Portbury, in transit to Derbyshire then and the way to dealer.  I used the map to locate the car which showed red location markers at each point. It was accurate and was picked up by me on the due date.

Just now, FiestaRed said:

Craig, apologies for going slightly off topic but can I ask how you get the MyT app to track your build please?

I've just ordered a Corolla Sports Tourer and have the MyT app downloaded but it's asking me for either VIN or Registration numbers before I can get any further. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Your dealer can / may be able to set this up for you. I'm pretty sure that the customer can't ...

• Thanks 1

I got my MyT app by setting up an account on the Toyota MyToyota web site and then downloaded the MyT app and used the same log on details.  This was done immediately after I placed the order, the dealer was not involved.  I got no VIN number until the car was delivered.

• Thanks 1

Mine took 7.1/2 weeks from placing the order to collecting the car, the app seemed to keep me updated.

33D17FDF-04A4-4ADD-843D-FC7F238E2CD4.png

345F3B7B-F82B-4BAF-A22C-693CF27E8993.png

The dealership said it was coming from Canada ? Clearly from Japan as the VIN number confirmed.

@Rigsby, similar to mine, I’d forgotten I’d taken screen shots which shared with my dealer.

E4264389-0667-4B5F-B95B-D51E7F4999AF.png

678754AE-0653-4529-956A-39D2E7BC3D20.png

57 minutes ago, Rigsby said:

Mine took 7.1/2 weeks from placing the order to collecting the car, the app seemed to keep me updated.

33D17FDF-04A4-4ADD-843D-FC7F238E2CD4.png

345F3B7B-F82B-4BAF-A22C-693CF27E8993.png

The dealership said it was coming from Canada ? Clearly from Japan as the VIN number confirmed.

Hope it's not too daft a question, I assume your order number came from the dealership but where on the app did you enter it? In the Add Your Car bit I can only see boxes for either the VIN or Registration numbers but it does say 'You can even add your car before it's delivered'.

6 minutes ago, FiestaRed said:

Hope it's not too daft a question, I assume your order number came from the dealership but where on the app did you enter it? I can only see boxes for either the VIN or Registration numbers.

I had previously had a Toyota online account because I have had a number of Toyota Avensis over the years.

I can only assume that the dealership gained access to my account perhaps when entering my email address it came up that I had an account and they entered the details.

When I downloaded the MyT app it was already on there along with my username etc.

• Thanks 1

I did not enter an order number. I did get an email from Toyota thanking me for the order and somehow it was all linked together via the web account and the MyT app.  Every time there was an update in a stage I got an email confirmation from Toyota stating the status had changed and giving detail of what was going on.

As an app tracking the order it was better than I’d had on any car purchase in the past and it’s obvious that there are details that could be added to improve the tracking.  I did try to track various RORO ships that were forecast to dock at Portbury approximately at the time I’d expected it to land but Toyota could have easily detailed that information.  It’s interesting monitoring the ships progress.  I just looked on the Portbury movements web site which gives expected arrivals for a couple of months.

no matter how many new cars I’ve purchased over the years it’s still an exciting time awaiting that all important call or email giving a day for collection.

• Thanks 1

Hi all

Re the differences, My app says the car is in the UK yet my dealer has said "latest update today from Toyota is we expect to receive you car on 1st September"

Build in progress was a matter of days... Left the factory to it showing Portbury... was around a month... Map shows a red dot just west of Bristol....  Yet dealer states 1st September..  

Just wondered why both are saying completely different things.  

Re app - I was sent app link with login details from dealer shortly after order @FiestaRed

4 hours ago, ernieb said:

I followed the MyT app and the steps after the shipping from Japan showed landing at Portbury, in transit to Derbyshire then and the way to dealer.  I used the map to locate the car which showed red location markers at each point. It was accurate and was picked up by me on the due date.

Thats what mine shows ... which I can't work out then how it can take 2.5 months to get from Bristol to around 100 miles away

I ordered mine on 22nd Feb and took delivery 25th May, it also took about 4 weeks to get from Japan to Bristol.  

7 hours ago, FiestaRed said:

You need to give the email you have used to sign up to your dealer and ask them to link your order to your email

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Devon Aygo said:

You need to give the email you have used to sign up to your dealer and ask them to link your order to your email

Thanks for the help Lee, really appreciated.

On 6/18/2021 at 1:56 PM, FiestaRed said:

Toyota sent me the link so i tracked my car all the way , The dealer phoned to tell me that the car had arrived I told him I know I’ve been tracking it halfway around the world. 

14 minutes ago, Yogi999 said:

Toyota sent me the link so i tracked my car all the way , The dealer phoned to tell me that the car had arrived I told him I know I’ve been tracking it halfway around the world. 

Thanks for that Mark, really appreciated. I placed my order first thing this morning and was told I should get a chassis number sometime today. Hopefully once that arrives I can add it to MyT and watch the progress.

16 minutes ago, FiestaRed said:

Thanks for that Mark, really appreciated. I placed my order first thing this morning and was told I should get a chassis number sometime today. Hopefully once that arrives I can add it to MyT and watch the progress.

Yes thats what i got , it’s great being able to track the car plus it shows you how they’ve been driving it when they’ve moved it lol 

strange, no-one really knows at Toyota why my app says my car is in Uk.  Dealer checked again today to be told "September"

• 4 months later...

MyT notified me 12 days ago saying that my RAV4 had left the factory but the map still shows it in Japan.  Silly question but does the map update shippng position enroute to UK or does it only update when it arrives in Portbury?

Thanks in advance!

No, sadly it does not track the ship.  I tried to see what ships had left the port but in the end looked at the date I guessed it would arrive at Portbury, looked at the expected arrivals and their start point and guessed on a couple and tracked them via a shipping web site, I got one right by kept me in the game. 🙂

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2021 at 7:37 AM, ernieb said:

No, sadly it does not track the ship.  I tried to see what ships had left the port but in the end looked at the date I guessed it would arrive at Portbury, looked at the expected arrivals and their start point and guessed on a couple and tracked them via a shipping web site, I got one right by kept me in the game. 🙂

How long did it take from Japan to Portbury?

Thanks B

Average 4/5 weeks, maybe more depends on what ports it has to call into on its way

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bricop said:

How long did it take from Japan to Portbury?

Thanks B

Ordered mine in April 21, and took 7 weeks 2 days from placing the order to driving away from the showroom.

I think the actual sailing time varies between 5-6 weeks.

• Like 1