Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Mk3 to Mk4

Starensis

1 minute ago, Starensis said:

That’s OK then. Think it may be an Icon with a change of wheels. 👍

Thanks for taking the time to find out.

There’s actually more that can be displayed on that panel, it’s down to a menu choice. Mind you, if the wrong button is pushed, maybe someone will think the car is broken!

Think that centre display panel will display as much as her current Mk3 Icon tech - which is mpg, range, speed, LDW, Collision avoidance distance, incoming calls, sat nav info……plus more.

On 12/2/2021 at 9:41 AM, Starensis said:

Been looking at swapping my wifes' Yaris mk3 for new Icon or Design model. As they're on 0% atm, thought moving to newer version would be beneficial.

I've had a few offers from dealers ranging from £19,500 for Design, to £18,500 for Icon. I understand Icon is the lesser spec of the 2, but is the increase on features in Design spec worth the extra £1k? As car will be used by the wife ( who probably won't use most features ), was thinking Icon........but those wheels are awful.

Has anyone an opinion on the new Yaris; before I get stuck in and haggle for best price?

Her current Yaris is Icon-Tech, 1.5L auto ( non-hybrid ). They're offering around £10.5k for this - as a value come March/April. Has anyone had a better deal & if so, where?

Thanks for your anticipated inputs.

Try carwow

youll find better discounts through there

youll make more money in the current climate selling the car privately on auto trader 

10 hours ago, Woofwoof said:

Try carwow

youll find better discounts through there

youll make more money in the current climate selling the car privately on auto trader 

Yeah, that’s where I have prices from. Also tried Autoebid. 

Can’t sell her car until her new one arrives. Been offered £11k for it at dealer - which they will honour until car arrives. Chances are, by March/April, it may be worth more or less: who knows?

6 hours ago, Starensis said:

Can’t sell her car until her new one arrives. Been offered £11k for it at dealer - which they will honour until car arrives. Chances are, by March/April, it may be worth more or less: who knows?

Similar position here. I spoke to my Toyota dealer Friday, their offer of a trade in being somewhat miserly (it's not a previous generation hybrid), because I have a decent offer for the car, and my car should, by now, be in France. They said they would loan me a car to tide me over. Not for months, but for a couple of weeks, so maybe your dealer is the best place to order your car. Then when the car is close to delivery you can try to sell it elsewhere, and see if they will give you a loaner in the interim ?

Edited by Stopeter44
spelling mistake tied -> tide

6 hours ago, Stopeter44 said:

Similar position here. I spoke to my Toyota dealer Friday, their offer of a trade in being somewhat miserly (it's not a previous generation hybrid), because I have a decent offer for the car, and my car should, by now, be in France. They said they would loan me a car to tied me over. Not for months, but for a couple of weeks, so maybe your dealer is the best place to order your car. Then when the car is close to delivery you can try to sell it elsewhere, and see if they will give you a loaner in the interim ?

If they’re offering to Lon you a car, grab it!

is that dependent on the trade in?

5 minutes ago, Woofwoof said:

If they’re offering to Lon you a car, grab it!

is that dependent on the trade in?

No, the offer with Toyota dealer is miserly, so I won't be trading in with them, but they did say if I sell my car before the new one is ready they will loan me a car. I could sell my car privately, but I am not keen to, the buy offer my 208 comes from local Peugeot dealer.

17 minutes ago, Stopeter44 said:

No, the offer with Toyota dealer is miserly, so I won't be trading in with them, but they did say if I sell my car before the new one is ready they will loan me a car. I could sell my car privately, but I am not keen to, the buy offer my 208 comes from local Peugeot dealer.

Take the loan and sell your car on auto trader

I’m not in the UK. But there are similar websites in France. It’s an option we are looking at.

Arrrggg......Women!! 

Got a great deal on Icon spec yesterday after a week or so of haggling. Now she's decided she wants a Design spec!! 😡

I asked her if she knew what the difference was between the two specs - her answer " the seats". She's not even been in an Icon!! FFS!! The seats are the same.

Divorce?? 😩

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Starensis said:

I asked her if she knew what the difference was between the two specs - her answer " the seats". She's not even been in an Icon!! FFS!! The seats are the same.

Divorce?? 😩

The seats are the same, it's the wheels that are different IIRC, plus a few other bits'n'bobs.

Not enough a divorce methinks, but maybe it is she that should've done the haggling ?

• Like 1

The design will have a better PX value when 3 years old, the dash, led lights, front fogs, 8" screen, electric rear windows and rear tinted glass  are worth the extra

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Starensis said:

Arrrggg......Women!! 

Got a great deal on Icon spec yesterday after a week or so of haggling. Now she's decided she wants a Design spec!! 😡

Divorce?? 😩

You can tell her that you've found a special version of the icon with Design seats 😉

So today, she ordered a Design spec. Estimated delivery…….June 22! 🥴

£10 a month more and as you say, better residual, although, she will probably buy it after 3 years or so.

Got front aluminium scuffs and first service in with deal. 👍

Thanks all for your input and “guidance”.

• Like 3

I think it is the better choice, and marriage still intact too! All in all a great result! Well done! :laugh: 

• Haha 2

At what point can you track your order once placed? Does it appear in MyT app at some point via order No?

@Starensis When I ordered my Yaris, I expected a confirmation by email and by My T and the My Toyota section of the website.

It took about 2 or maybe 3 weeks to see the status for the car. In other words, until you are assigned a production slot for your car, or you are assigned a car that is already built. Getting a car that is already built can happen if someone cancels an order for an identically specified car.

3 hours ago, Stopeter44 said:

@Starensis When I ordered my Yaris, I expected a confirmation by email and by My T and the My Toyota section of the website.

It took about 2 or maybe 3 weeks to see the status for the car. In other words, until you are assigned a production slot for your car, or you are assigned a car that is already built. Getting a car that is already built can happen if someone cancels an order for an identically specified car.

Thanks. So as early as when it hits production? Assumed it would be once it’s been despatched from plant.

1 hour ago, Starensis said:

So as early as when it hits production? Assumed it would be once it’s been despatched from plant.

Not exactly that. It works something like this (I don't know exactly for Toyota, but I worked for another car maker back in the day) :

1. Place order, which is connected to you by your name and email address.
  2. You create an account My Toyota / My T using the same email address.
  3. Your order is recorded in Toyota's Car order/build system, which is connected to a myriad of other systems including outbound logistics.
  4. Your order is assigned a build slot, or a built car.
  5. If you car is to by built, it will sooner or later be assigned a build date, but you won't necessarily be able to see that date. If you are assigned an already built car, you will get a notification telling you where the car is in the outbound logistics sequence (either, factory, logistics hub, or transit logistics hub).
  6. You will get updates of the progress through the build/logistics process.
  7. You will get a notification telling you the car is at the ordering dealers.

I am currently between 6 & 7 on the sequence, and I called my dealer who expects the car in the next few days, but can't tell me for sure when it will arrive.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stopeter44 said:

Not exactly that. It works something like this (I don't know exactly for Toyota, but I worked for another car maker back in the day) :

1. Place order, which is connected to you by your name and email address.
  2. You create an account My Toyota / My T using the same email address.
  3. Your order is recorded in Toyota's Car order/build system, which is connected to a myriad of other systems including outbound logistics.
  4. Your order is assigned a build slot, or a built car.
  5. If you car is to by built, it will sooner or later be assigned a build date, but you won't necessarily be able to see that date. If you are assigned an already built car, you will get a notification telling you where the car is in the outbound logistics sequence (either, factory, logistics hub, or transit logistics hub).
  6. You will get updates of the progress through the build/logistics process.
  7. You will get a notification telling you the car is at the ordering dealers.

I am currently between 6 & 7 on the sequence, and I called my dealer who expects the car in the next few days, but can't tell me for sure when it will arrive.

Thanks. Will I be able to track it under my email - as I’m the only one connected to MyT? Her current car is under my account. You normally need reg/vin to register.

6 minutes ago, Starensis said:

Thanks. Will I be able to track it under my email - as I’m the only one connected to MyT? Her current car is under my account. You normally need reg/vin to register.

if Mrs Starensis placed the order with her name and email address, then you will need the VIN to have it in your account, methinks. I have yet to see a VIN for my car. The VIN is used to track everything in the Toyota system but it is not communicated to My T / My Toyota at the point where you are, awaiting delivery. So if it's not your name and email, you won't be able to track.

Just had new car appear in MyT app. States order being processed. 

Means that the car is scheduled to be built.

Can’t believe it will be built that quickly tbh. They quoted June for delivery. Usually takes around 6 weeks from build to delivery to dealer, but the way things are, more like 12 weeks.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links