Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Electric socket flap................

Lawnmowerman

It's like it was only considered as similar use as a normal fuel filler flap. Whereas this could easily be used daily rather than every few weeks, and be left in the open position every night putting more strain on the hinge. I have to say, my replacement seems to be holding up better than the original.

• Like 1

Local dealer investigated and agreed that it has dropped and very loose. He’s ordered parts and booked the car back in for next week. Fingers crossed for next week.

Got the charger flap fixed today, estimate was 1.5 hours it took 2.5 hours. They admitted that they thought it was a simple fix from the outside and then found that they needed to gain access from inside the boot, removing the liner etc. Anyway so much better than before.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ernieb said:

Got the charger flap fixed today, estimate was 1.5 hours it took 2.5 hours. They admitted that they thought it was a simple fix from the outside and then found that they needed to gain access from inside the boot, removing the liner etc. Anyway so much better than before.

Pleased to hear that Ernie. My replacement didn't quite spring out as eagerly as the original - although no change when I p/x'd the car.

And it occurred to me that the humungous size could have been decided to accommodate a different charging protocol (different size plug & sockets) for different markets. But definitely no consideration for the flap being used daily in stark comparison to the the fuel flap.

Edited by Lawnmowerman
Added content.

8 hours ago, ernieb said:

Good to hear it's much better

I took my car in last week to get it done. First I was told it would be an hour, then 3 hours as it was a bigger job than they thought and then they found they had ordered the wrong part. I’ve now got it booked for early next month to get the flap and the dc recall done.

Last week was a lot of fun. I got a puncture in the rear tyre but thankfully my Road Hero space saver got me out of a hole and then a 15” crack my windscreen a couple of days later

@Lawnmowerman, not sure why it's so big or why the hinge mechanism seems to be so poorly engineered (the hinge is small in comparison to the size of the door flap). The petrol flap can be changed easily from the outside the dealers just could not work out why the charger flap could not be the same.

@Phil E, seems to confirm the poor design. When I went last week to have the dc-dc converter changed the dealer when he checked the flap did comment that the latest cars look much better.  Sounds like you've had a mother of a week but pleased the Road Hero was able to get you going.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links