Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New C-HR

Devon Aygo

Does anyone have an issue with "Hey Toyota" ?

I press the voice contol button and say phone xxx and nothing happens?

Also I have noticed that when I press on the brake 2 red lines have started to appear which were not there in the first week.

1 hour ago, Hell Tel said:

Also I have noticed that when I press on the brake 2 red lines have started to appear which were not there in the first week.

It's probably worth updating your profile to show exactly what model and grade of C-HR that you have. I'm not seriously suggesting that this is the case here, but I had a RAV4.4 that had all the buttons for voice control, but the feature wasn't available on the specific grade that I had.

If I understand correctly, when you press the voice control button on the steering wheel, you should get a 'beep' (or whatever) inviting you to submit a voice command - do you?

44 minutes ago, philip42h said:

It's probably worth updating your profile to show exactly what model and grade of C-HR that you have. I'm not seriously suggesting that this is the case here, but I had a RAV4.4 that had all the buttons for voice control, but the feature wasn't available on the specific grade that I had.

If I understand correctly, when you press the voice control button on the steering wheel, you should get a 'beep' (or whatever) inviting you to submit a voice command - do you?

Hi Philip, no noise.

Its's a 2024 CHR Design, surely this comes with voice activation?

The two red lines  represent the brake lights. They will light when you press the brake pedal 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Yorkboy said:

The two red lines  represent the brake lights. They will light when you press the brake pedal 

Yeah thoughts so,  I didn't notice them for the first week

1 hour ago, Hell Tel said:

Hi Philip, no noise.

Its's a 2024 CHR Design, surely this comes with voice activation?

According to the brochure, all grades come with voice control - which in 2024 one would expect really ...

You probably need to read through the Multimedia Manual and check the settings:

• You can change the Wake word (or switch it off)
  • You can turn voice prompts on or off

13 minutes ago, philip42h said:

According to the brochure, all grades come with voice control - which in 2024 one would expect really ...

You probably need to read through the Multimedia Manual and check the settings:

• You can change the Wake word (or switch it off)
  • You can turn voice prompts on or off

Tried it all mate, still not working

Going to take it over to dealers this weekend

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi every one, been reading stuff on this site for a while but this is my first post. Had a C-HR 1.8 Excell in Decuma Grey for past three years and loved it but decide to upgrade to the new C-HR, Could run to the Excell this time at nearly £40k so went for the 1.8 Design in Decuma Grey again with the pan roof, love this colour and where we live the farmers love to spread the roads with mud so a good colour for not having to wash too often. Only had the car for a few days but thought I would give some initial impressions, overall very happy with the new car and like the new shape.

Initial thoughts:-

New 2024 C-HR 1.8 Design Decuma Grey, Pan Roof

Quieter on the road

Less noise when accelerating

More responsive, quicker than previous model

Ride and road-holding as good as previous model

Drivers multi information screen

Overall looks

Powered tailgate

Dislike

Infotainment 12 inch screen wasted, no multifunction displays

Small indicators front and rear

Bottom of doors not sealed from road muck

Door handles look a little flimsy, only open from underside

Doors do not self lock when driving

Cannot open the glove-box unless passenger seat is pushed fully back

I Am Missing

Cruise control stalk (can’t believe it but I sort of got used to it)

Rear wiper when it’s been sat in the rain

IMG_3316.thumb.JPG.095357d68c6d3ce698c1ab710791eff8.JPG

IMG_3311.thumb.JPG.0ba23ab2da69761cfba0aaab16ff91d3.JPG

• Like 5

On 3/12/2024 at 8:40 AM, Hell Tel said:

No issue here but I guess you have probably sorted this by now. You don't need to press any button when saying the wake word, just say Hey Toyota followed by your request. This is an alternative to pressing the voice button.

If you press the voice button instead, then don't say Hey Toyota, just follow up directly with your request.

As far as I know the 2 red lines are always shown when braking, maybe you just didn't notice them at first.

I get that occasionally with my Yaris, esp. in summer - Easiest way I found to fix it is to brake firmly on a fast road or in N to stop it using regen to brake,. That usually fixes it for a while, although it comes back eventually.

Not sure why it's so susceptible to it, maybe they didn't fit anti-squeal shims or there's some debris buildup?

CBA to take apart the brakes to investigate further as it's so infrequent, but when the brakes finally need replacing I intend to have a look, assuming I remember :laugh: 

Just ordered a new C-HR GR Sport after having an extended test drive in one at my local dealer and also a brief test drive in the Lexus LBX the same day. The Toyota ticks many more boxes for us and although the Lexus has a more premium interior, its smaller engine, smaller luggage area, softer suspension and weird push open interior door handles put us off.

The bi-tone paint of the GR Sport is still a bit Marmite but both my wife and I like the styling and quality of the interior and the 2.0 engine has plenty of poke. It rides well and is a decent drive. I’ve read about the CVT drone in the previous model but it doesn’t seem to obtrusive in this car. 

im coming from a VW Touareg R-Line and that has probably been the best car I’ve ever owned - had it from new in 2013. Needs must though and we are going to consolidate to a single car for both local and long distance journeys - a Hybrid fits the bill and Toyota seem ahead of the game here.

My wife has had 3 Argos including her current car and the local dealer is very good for servicing.

I ordered through Motorfinity with a Blue Light Card and got an amazing discount which makes the C-HR a no brainer and offsets the £40k luxury vehicle tax to a degree. Way better than any other broker or discounted new car supplier. Just the 3-4 month wait now 🤷‍♂️

I drove the new GR Sport a couple of weeks ago. I really liked the way it drives. As you say, the bi-tone paintwork is like marmite. You either love it or hate it. The wife loves it, I don’t. 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links