Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New C-HR

Devon Aygo

If you look at anything new coming out of Toyota design studios it’s a lot “bolder” than previously and that’s always going to be devisive. The new CHR is pretty much 95% of the Prologue Concept. Interesting that Toyota showcased the CHR at music festivals , just a guess but Toyota aiming at a much younger demographic. I’m not young in years , officially “old” in a few days but I’m loving the bold design and bitone paint and the Sulphur gold , the fact that the Aygo X had bitone treatment first will always attract the “it looks like a” comment.  As for price , yes it’s more expensive than the first gen , but go and look at any manufacturer everything is going 👆 when you drive one you will notice it’s also a lot better in every respect.   Blame price rises on inflation and PCP , folk arn’t interested in the sticker price only the monthly payment as very few ever intend to keep a car long term  🤔  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AndyRC said:

Blame price rises on inflation and PCP , folk arn’t interested in the sticker price only the monthly payment as very few ever intend to keep a car long term  🤔  

True. 

Several decades ago I read an article on buying a car in the second hand market.   It was US based and essentially said haggling for a better PX price was a waste of time as your better PX was offset by a higher sales markup.

Just settle on a repayment and let the dealer make a deal. 

In my case with a new Toyota they wrangle the price by flexing the repayment period.

• Like 3

My energy provider cross markets EVs based on monthly payments.   They don't have a link with Toyota and I am not sure if they cover PHEV.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Haliotis said:

Perhaps it’s just where the colours change (paint lines), but the current model looks ugly to me.  Whilst I may not necessarily move from Toyota, my next car will not be a CH-R.

I think its quite colour sensitive, but still a good looking car.

The first one I saw in the showroom as a dark blue and it just looked like a lump, but I have now seen a Premier in Sulphur and it looked much better, apart from the Bi-tone paint which I do not like.

The old one looked good in white, so it will be interesting to see an Excel in white which just has the black roof which I do not mind, its the two colours on one panel that I do not like.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harters said:

I think its quite colour sensitive, but still a good looking car.

The first one I saw in the showroom as a dark blue and it just looked like a lump, but I have now seen a Premier in Sulphur and it looked much better, apart from the Bi-tone paint which I do not like.

The old one looked good in white, so it will be interesting to see an Excel in white which just has the black roof which I do not mind, its the two colours on one panel that I do not like.

I’m with you on it being colour sensitive, dark colours don’t do anything for it. So far I’ve seen red , silver and sulphur and sulphur is by far the best looking 😍

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Harters said:

its the two colours on one panel that I do not like.

I like the shape of the new C-HR, but don't like the two colours on the same panel either.

It is a bold design and quite possibly is aimed at a much younger demographic, but, how many of the younger demographic can afford £40000 for a car?

I was surprised to see that only the GR Sport and Premier had a 2.0 litre engine. Both of these have, what I think, is a weird paint scheme with the two colours on the one panel. So, unless I want a 1.8 litre, which I don't, I'll be passing on thee new C-HR.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Big_D said:

I like the shape of the new C-HR, but don't like the two colours on the same panel either.

It is a bold design and quite possibly is aimed at a much younger demographic, but, how many of the younger demographic can afford £40000 for a car?

I was surprised to see that only the GR Sport and Premier had a 2.0 litre engine. Both of these have, what I think, is a weird paint scheme with the two colours on the one panel. So, unless I want a 1.8 litre, which I don't, I'll be passing on thee new C-HR.

Younger Demographic- I’m guessing Those who spend similar money on Audi, Merc, BMW, Mini ,  Alfa etc. , Toyota is not a brand those buyers would normally be attracted to.  Where Toyota have missed the mark is the interior trim , so far the PE is the only one that IMO looks decent. 

• Like 3

Party trick or something useful 🤔

I’ve never personally used it although the CEO had it on a Seat Ateca , will give it a try when the car arrives  

• Like 1

Ive got it on my Prius, never had the nerve to try it, too worried about my wheels 😆

Also, it's much quicker to do it yourself.

• Like 2

I heard somwhere that it will be possible to park the new CH-R with the app in Your phone, from outside the car

• Like 2

On 12/14/2023 at 10:40 AM, AndyRC said:

And you get the heated steering wheel 👍😎

Reminds me of a 80's joke about Skodas and heated rear windows

Helpful or annoying time will tell? the 360 degree camera is very  useful, no excuses for kerbing an alloy while parking. 

• Like 2

Well yesterday the wife and I visited our local dealership to look at the new Toyota C-HR.

From the outside the new C-HR it looks very stylish the boot in 2.0 is now deeper but no space to put a space saver kit and the drivers position was very nice with all the controls at hand.

Now the downside to the new C-HR was the price which was over £40,000 so end up paying the luxury road tax. Then the biggest let down with the new C-HR the front passenger side is now very small and claustrophobic.

So we have made our decision next year we will not be upgrading our C-HR to the new 2024 C-HR.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Leo63 said:

So we have made our decision next year we will not be upgrading our C-HR to the new 2024 C-HR.

I'm slowly heading in the same direction. I would opt for the 2.0 engine, rather than the 1.8. This leaves me with the option of either the GR Sport or the Premiere Edition. Both of these have the, what I consider to be, awful two tone paintwork, and come in at over the £40000 mark. 

• Like 5

I saw my first new shape C-HR on the road today. It was a white GR sport with the two tone paintwork.Seeing a real "live" one driving along has confirmed my opinion.

I really don't like the two tone paintwork. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Big_D said:

I saw my first new shape C-HR on the road today. It was a white GR sport with the two tone paintwork.Seeing a real "live" one driving along has confirmed my opinion.

I really don't like the two tone paintwork. 

... but you just know that it is going to grow on you. In twelve months' time, you'll want one desperately ... 😉 

• Like 1

I'm sure you are right. I didn't like the look of it in the pre release images, but did like it when I first saw it. 

I'm still in love with my current C-HR, so let's see what happens in a years time.

• Like 1

The “bi tone” paint is very “different “ at the moment I’m sure it will grow on some folk 👍 not on others 👎. I’ve only seen the bitone as the local dealer has 2 GRs and a PE. It does make the car look shorter than it is. Lighter colours show off the shape much better. 

After a test drive in the new 2.0HEV the whole package feels much more refined than the current gen. The only let down is the interior , so far only the PE has a decent interior, the old GR interior was far nicer. 

I’m guessing the Lexus variants will get the nicer interiors as I can’t see what they could add to the top spec CHR 🤔

• Like 1

On 12/28/2023 at 9:25 AM, AndyRC said:

.... I’m guessing the Lexus variants will get the nicer interiors as I can’t see what they could add to the top spec CHR 

Not sure what Lexus are doing at the moment.  

They have given the UX another refresh just over a year after the last one. This time giving it the 5th Generation hybrid drivetrain (now 300h), new digital instruments (at last), Prius/NX shift by wire shifter and some new paint finishes, but no exterior design changes which seems strange, not even change of wheels 🤔.

I was going to hold off until the 2nd generation UX, but now with this recent update, who knows how long that will be.  They just seem to be tweaking it, rather than giving it a proper refresh like they did with the IS a couple of times.

I know its the wrong forum, just a bit confused 😆

• Like 2

Also in my country(Slovenia) they started to sell the new C-HR. The prices starts from 29.000 euro(entry level with 1.8 engine) up to premiere edition that costs 45.000 euro. Big downside is less stuff for same trim level👎

If i compare to my C-HR(same C-LUB trim) there are no heated seats,just basic entry level LED lights and no back pockets at the rear of front seats. 
The only option you have is to get additional Tech pach,which add good LED lights(no matrix) and electric boot door for 1000 euro. Heated seats? Nope,add additional 5000 euro for higher trim. Also bi-tone became way more expensive. 700 vs 200 euro👎

Im happy with my car and glad i stick to my order of old model. Will wait until some facelift and then will decide if its worth to upgrade or not. 

• Like 3

After reading the comments by other posters, I think I will stay with my previous view that the new C-HR is not a car that I could take a liking to.  My 2021 1.8 Dynamic is about as far as I go in “modern” body design, and I think the main colour scheme not extending to the rear wheel arches has given the car a sort of ‘cut-off’ look.  Moving the rear door handles back in line with the front ones is an improvement - the gate-latch design on my 2021 model gives the impression that they needed to save money, and its high position offers nothing in the way of convenience.

• Like 2

On 12/29/2023 at 10:39 AM, Harters said:

Not sure what Lexus are doing at the moment.  

They have given the UX another refresh just over a year after the last one. This time giving it the 5th Generation hybrid drivetrain (now 300h), new digital instruments (at last), Prius/NX shift by wire shifter and some new paint finishes, but no exterior design changes which seems strange, not even change of wheels 🤔.

I was going to hold off until the 2nd generation UX, but now with this recent update, who knows how long that will be.  They just seem to be tweaking it, rather than giving it a proper refresh like they did with the IS a couple of times.

I know its the wrong forum, just a bit confused 😆

Is the UX built on the same platform as the Prius CHR etc? 

26 minutes ago, AndyRC said:

Is the UX built on the same platform as the Prius CHR etc? 

The UX is built on the GA-C platform which as far as I know is the same as the C-HR

The Prius is the TNGA platform from memory, that is probably why it's a much more spacious car.  It's a bit of a model on its own and that is the issue I am having, both the C-HR and UX feel and are smaller inside.

Guess I have to wait and see what they decide to let us have with the Gen 5 Prius 🤔

Just noticed the PHEV prices are here ⬇️ 

https://www.toyota.co.uk/new-cars/c-hr/online-reservation

Design from £39,145 just scrapes in below the £40K barrier, £4460 more the the 1.8.

Rough calc shows its not worth it for me,7 years to break even on fuel costs based on my usage. But then the Zombie apocalypse 🤔

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links