Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New C-HR

Devon Aygo

On 8/22/2023 at 1:43 PM, AndyRC said:

So with nothing to do but wait for pricing and order books to open ☹️ what do folk think prices will be🤔 

I’m hoping 🙏 that the Premiere Edition will be £39,999 as I don’t fancy paying an extra £2k over 5 years just because it’s over £40k 

I doubt the PHEV will be under £40k for a GR Sport or Excel version 🤷‍♂️ 

What do you think🤔🤔🤔

In my opinion the ne C-HR will be more expensive than current model. 
🤔4/5000 euro more. 

• Like 2

On 8/25/2023 at 3:29 PM, Spo2 said:

More on the new C-HR

Thanks for posting the video👍
the car looks wow🤩

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks @AndyRC for PDF of the new C-HR that you shared a while back, which I have read through too many times 😆.  Have you heard anything from your dealer as to when they will be taking orders?  The PDF says "August/September start of sales", but there is no pre-order form on the website like there is on the Lexus site for the LBX?

Wonder if he has another more up today PDF he could share.  Ideally I would like a Premier model if things work out as I love the colour, but the only thing is the 19 inch wheels.  It's a shame the demos are going to be Design models on 18's.  Not sure how much of a difference it will make, at lest they have 50 profile tyres and not 45.

48 minutes ago, Harters said:

Thanks @AndyRC for PDF of the new C-HR that you shared a while back, which I have read through too many times 😆.  Have you heard anything from your dealer as to when they will be taking orders?  The PDF says "August/September start of sales", but there is no pre-order form on the website like there is on the Lexus site for the LBX?

Wonder if he has another more up today PDF he could share.  Ideally I would like a Premier model if things work out as I love the colour, but the only thing is the 19 inch wheels.  It's a shame the demos are going to be Design models on 18's.  Not sure how much of a difference it will make, at lest they have 50 profile tyres and not 45.

Probably the best we can do at the moment is monitor the Toyota UK Media site ... the new C-HR is still showing as a future production vehicle complete with the bumph already posted. You can bet that Toyota UK will update the media stuff around the same time as they share further info with their dealer franchises ...

• Thanks 1

On 8/22/2023 at 12:43 PM, AndyRC said:

So with nothing to do but wait for pricing and order books to open ☹️ what do folk think prices will be🤔 

I’m hoping 🙏 that the Premiere Edition will be £39,999 as I don’t fancy paying an extra £2k over 5 years just because it’s over £40k 

What do you think🤔🤔🤔

non PHEV and lower trim Plug in modals should be comfortably under 40 but No doubt the launch versions which are usually loaded (plus it being a PHEV) will push it over 40k.

One hope is that Toyota gb being aware that the car being on the threshold will import a cheaper UK centric build that would will have have features that are normally standard as cost options(18" wheels instead of 20, metallic instead of Pearlescent Paint, no panoramic roof) so the "launch edition" PHEV will be 39,xxx OTR but i don't see that happening as Toyota usually pump out one high margin Launch spec that's fully kitted out first..

It would make more sense if the government increased the £40,000 threshold which as been the same since 2017 to something like 45,000(100 grand EV's are still exempt but a 42k PHEV is hit with a yearly £560 road tax charge for 5 years..) due to the staggering level of inflation on new cars but as its a big revenue generator for the gov there is no motivation to increase it in line with inflation.

• Like 2

Too much gorgeous here gorgeous there in the video,but it shows the car in very detail way🙂👍

Edited by Marjan
Additional text added.
  • Like 1

Yes I have watched that a few times since its upload to take it all in. 

I think this could finally be the car to prise me out of my Prius 🤔. I have decided the UX is too old now, but probably at least 2 years off a 2nd generation. 

Just have to wait for the prices next….

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Harters said:

Yes I have watched that a few times since its upload to take it all in. 

I think this could finally be the car to prise me out of my Prius 🤔. I have decided the UX is too old now, but probably at least 2 years off a 2nd generation. 

Just have to wait for the prices next….

They did a fantastic job with this new C-HR. The price however will be a different story vs current model. 

I said 4/5.000 euro of diference  

lets see how wrong aim.

On 8/22/2023 at 12:43 PM, AndyRC said:

What do you think🤔🤔🤔

Apologies for another post but didn't want to edit may previous post with new information.

It looks like Toyota GB are aware of the luxury car tax issue and have modified prices/specs on cars that are marginally over the threshold and there is an example of a car that's priced right on the 40k limit. The Lexus ES Premium Edition otr price is £40,000!  So If the C-HR launch edition is just slightly over Toyota GB could remove a standard feature like the panoramic roof and make it a cost option so the otr price is just under as non ev cars over £40,000 that get hit with the 'luxury car' tax is based off the otr price BEFORE optional extras.. 

No doubt a loaded plug in PHEV "launch edition" and high trims will be significantly over 40,000.

40 miles pure electric range is a huge selling point compared to the self charging version plus the running gear is the same as the new (Not sold in the UK)Prius Prime PHEV and otr prices are significantly over €40,000

The quicker Toyota release pricing the better!

10 hours ago, GR KAIZEN said:

The Lexus ES Premium Edition otr price is £40,000!  So If the C-HR launch edition is just slightly over Toyota GB could remove a standard feature like the panoramic roof and make it a cost option so the otr price is just under

However, the 'luxury car tax' is based on the list price including options, so If one adds in the panoramic roof as a cost option, and that takes it over £40K, the additional payment is still payable. 

Also the additional payment is based on the list price when the car is first registered not when the car is ordered. So if there are any price increases between ordering and delivery which tip the list price over £40K, you pay the additional payment.

• Like 1

Yes as Frostyballs says, be warned that long lead times & interim price rises post order impact on the level of road tax.

That's why I'm paying higher road tax on my £36k RAV4.

Frostyballs - you should have ticked the heated seat option box!

• Like 1

On 9/11/2023 at 8:01 AM, FROSTYBALLS said:

However, the 'luxury car tax' is based on the list price including options, so If one adds in the panoramic roof as a cost option, and that takes it over £40K, the additional payment is still payable. 

Also the additional payment is based on the list price when the car is first registered not when the car is ordered. So if there are any price increases between ordering and delivery which tip the list price over £40K, you pay the additional payment.

Sorry i should've made myself more clear, what i mean is that Toyota GB could remove some  "standard" features and make them optional so to give the opportunity to buy the car under £40,000, so lets say the C-HR launch super edition is theoretically going to be just over the limit at £40,955 Toyota could remove for example the panoramic roof making it an optional extra so the car is £39,995 otr before options and if people want to add that option 'back' putting it over the 40k threshold that's up to them but at least there is a possibility to purchase the car otr under the £40,000 luxury car threshold and not be hit in 'luxury' car tax paying an extra £390 a year for 5 years on top of the standard £170 a year road tax(VED)

VW goes to more extremes doing this with the Golf Gti's base otr at "£39,435" but that was done by extreme cutting of many standard features and making them optional cost options.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Aye, the RAV4 crowd got bitten by that not that long ago! :sad: 

BTW, and I can't remember if I asked this already, but do we know if the list price + options includes factory and dealer options, or just factory options?

If it includes dealer options, presumably one could buy the car, then get the dealer to fit the other options post-sale to avoid being stung?

They really need to raise the bar tho' IMHO - £40k is too low when normal vehicles, esp. SUVs and EVs, are getting so close to it! Unless the idea is to try and get us all into Dacia Sanderos :laugh: 

2 minutes ago, Cyker said:

They really need to raise the bar tho' IMHO - £40k is too low when normal vehicles, esp

With Government experiencing shortfalls in collecting VED, think it is unlikely the threshold will be raised in the short term. Possible maybe when EVs start being subject to VED (April 2025), but doubtful even then.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cyker said:

BTW, and I can't remember if I asked this already, but do we know if the list price + options includes factory and dealer options, or just factory options?

If it includes dealer options, presumably one could buy the car, then get the dealer to fit the other options post-sale to avoid being stung?

Doubt whether there is any distinction - as regards taxation, options are options whether dealer or factory fit.

Aside from that options included within the new vehicle order will be covered by the new car warranty (e.g. 3 years/60,000 miles). Options fitted after delivery will come with the standard 12 month accessory warranty.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Factory fit options only. Dealer fit accessories don't count towards the £40k figure ...

I have that tee-shirt. Had I ordered my car with the Protection + option pack it would have come in over £40k - so we ordered it without, and the dealer fitted the necessary accessories and the dash cams etc. ...

• Like 1

Two online reviews just announced of pre-production cars.  There are some on YouTube which seem to be the same camouflaged cars. Both seem pretty positive which is good.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/first-drive-2024-toyota-c-hr

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/toyota/c-hr/360941/new-toyota-c-hr-prototype-review

Both giving differing estimates of price

• Like 2

The Government should adjust this lux price tax really. Todays money a  £40k cash does not really count as luxury cars band, just an average mid sized hatchback or small suv. Perhaps £60k plus to begin with. 

Car prices new and used has always been one of the best tools to measure the economic prosperity of the country. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Harters said:

Two online reviews just announced of pre-production cars.  There are some on YouTube which seem to be the same camouflaged cars. Both seem pretty positive which is good.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/first-drive-2024-toyota-c-hr

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/toyota/c-hr/360941/new-toyota-c-hr-prototype-review

Both giving differing estimates of price

Great find 👍😊 The only thing I dislike about the new C-HR is the wait for prices and the order books to open 🤷‍♂️☹️

39 minutes ago, AndyRC said:

Great find 👍😊 The only thing I dislike about the new C-HR is the wait for prices and the order books to open 🤷‍♂️☹️

Me too 🤣

• Like 1

The wait is over HEV prices released to dealers.  👍 but it’s not good news if you want a 2.0 version ☹️

At those prices I’ll probably wait until the PHEV prices are released to see how much extra they will be  🤷‍♂️

IMG_1463.jpeg

IMG_1464.jpeg

IMG_1465.png

IMG_1466.png

IMG_1467.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Oh WOW, that’s a real shock, nearly £43k for the Premier!!!!

Looks like I will be waiting for the next UX at that price. 

I dread to think how much the PHEV will be!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Harters said:

Oh WOW, that’s a real shock, nearly £43k for the Premier!!!!

Looks like I will be waiting for the next UX at that price. 

I dread to think how much the PHEV will be!

RAV4 is over £5K extra for the PHEV compared to the HEV , the equivalent Lexus will probably be at least another £10k 🤷‍♂️ 

1 minute ago, AndyRC said:

RAV4 is over £5K extra for the PHEV compared to the HEV , the equivalent Lexus will probably be at least another £10k 🤷‍♂️ 

Yes, that is true about Lexus price. 

We were originally happy to order it blind, but will now wait to see it in the metal before any decisions are made as we still feel it’s the Premier or nothing. I currently have HUD and would REALLY miss it. 

It will be interesting to see what options are offered, maybe add HUD to the Excel?….

Wow pleased now I stuck with the 2023 GR some £6000 cheaper and a decent PCP deal. Hope the prices become more reasonable in 30 months when I look to change.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links