Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New C-HR

Devon Aygo

8 hours ago, CruxisCore said:

Here's hoping they actually make the speedometers accurate then. My Aygo X from last year shows quite exactly 5 km/h wrong.

Ever since Noah was a lad car speedometers have usually been 10% slow.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, AndyRC said:

I’m guessing most of the info on the 5th Gen hybrid system and safety systems in the Corolla will be relevant to the new C-HR 🤔

https://media.toyota.co.uk/toyota-launches-the-new-corolla-with-fifth-generation-hybrid-electric-technology/

Maybe some very small changes,but overall same soup. In my opinion the best improvement is the noise of the e-cvt gearbox(Less screaming when you floor the throttle)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AndyRC said:

I’m guessing most of the info on the 5th Gen hybrid system and safety systems in the Corolla will be relevant to the new C-HR 🤔

https://media.toyota.co.uk/toyota-launches-the-new-corolla-with-fifth-generation-hybrid-electric-technology/

And, of course, the Prius PHEV:

https://global.toyota/en/newsroom/toyota/38869594.html

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marjan said:

Maybe some very small changes,but overall same soup. In my opinion the best improvement is the noise of the e-cvt gearbox(Less screaming when you floor the throttle)

It will be an interesting test drive on Tuesday comparing our 4th gen 2.0 hybrid back to back with the 2.0 5th gen. 🤔 will update in due course. 

• Like 1

Just now, AndyRC said:

I wonder if a solar panel will be offered on the new C-HR PHEV🤔 Toyota have designed the car to take a glass panel so it may be an option 🤔

I very much doubt it ... my reason for posting is that, just as with the RAV4 HEV and PHEV, there is likely to be a significant difference between power plants of the 2.0 HEV and 2.0 PHEV C-HR ... so you won't be able to judge the PHEV by driving a 2.0 Corolla. 😉

1 minute ago, philip42h said:

I very much doubt it ... my reason for posting is that, just as with the RAV4 HEV and PHEV, there is likely to be a significant difference between power plants of the 2.0 HEV and 2.0 PHEV C-HR ... so you won't be able to judge the PHEV by driving a 2.0 Corolla. 😉

I’m only referring to the HEV power train 👍

Gear selector looks identical to the latest Lexus unit which I’ve tried and it’s a massive improvement in feel over the current setup 👍

IMG_1114.jpeg

IMG_1071.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AndyRC said:

Gear selector looks identical to the latest Lexus unit which I’ve tried and it’s a massive improvement in feel over the current setup 👍

IMG_1114.jpeg

IMG_1071.jpeg

🤔in what way is better exactly?

more smooth when you drive?

33 minutes ago, Marjan said:

I find the gear selector on the C-HR probably the least “refined” aspect of the car, it’s heavy and notchy when selecting gear. The Lexus gear selector feels much more refined in its action, just feels a better engineered piece of kit. The gearbox in the Lexus NX is different to the C-HR so no direct comparison there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/30/2023 at 5:13 AM, AndyRC said:

NG C-HR Product Guide (26th June).pdf 7.29 MB · 32 downloads

My local dealer sent me this and said there was no embargo on sharing it 👍

We”re having a back to back test drive next week in a 1.8 and 2.0 Corolla with the 5th Gen HEV power train to decide which version of the Next Gen C-HR we will be ordering. With some holidays booked for 2024 an 01.03.24 delivery date looks ideal 😊 

Happy reading folks 😎

Thanks! Looking forward to your update. If I am not mistaken, it seems the 2.0 litre hybrid is only available as GR and premiere edition?

• Like 1

It’s shame you can’t buy an Excel without the duo tone paint. I’m not convinced by that look, especially as it means the rear doors have two paint colours on them 🤨

5 hours ago, Harters said:

It’s shame you can’t buy an Excel without the duo tone paint. I’m not convinced by that look, especially as it means the rear doors have two paint colours on them 🤨

I personally like the two tone look

14 hours ago, Spo2 said:

Thanks! Looking forward to your update. If I am not mistaken, it seems the 2.0 litre hybrid is only available as GR and premiere edition?

I’ll update on Tuesday 👍 It does look as though 2.0 HEV will only be available for Premiere and GR Sport , at least initially 🤔

56 minutes ago, AndyRC said:

I’ll update on Tuesday 👍 It does look as though 2.0 HEV will only be available for Premiere and GR Sport , at least initially 🤔

Yeah. Also 2 tone color combination. 

p.s

looking forward for your test drive report. 

• Like 1

So had a back to back test in 5th gen HEV Corolla 1.8and 2.0. The 1.8 felt “OK” but underpowered when accelerating in “Normal” and very loud in “sport”. The 2.0 didn’t feel significantly different to our current 2.0 which in comparison to the 1.8 is much more responsive, refined , relaxed and just feels nicer to drive. So the 1.8 has been ruled out for us, the 2.0PHEV is a possibility depending on  how Toyota go with the pricing.  Dealers aren’t expecting any further updates until pricing and U.K. specifications are announced August/September. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, AndyRC said:

So had a back to back test in 5th gen HEV Corolla 1.8and 2.0. The 1.8 felt “OK” but underpowered when accelerating in “Normal” and very loud in “sport”. The 2.0 didn’t feel significantly different to our current 2.0 which in comparison to the 1.8 is much more responsive, refined , relaxed and just feels nicer to drive. So the 1.8 has been ruled out for us, the 2.0PHEV is a possibility depending on  how Toyota go with the pricing.  Dealers aren’t expecting any further updates until pricing and U.K. specifications are announced August/September. 

I expected more diferences in favor to 5th generation. Well good news for me 😄
For the engine the 2.0 is the way to go imo. 1.8 struggle way to much. Specially in the current version with only 122HP.Thanks for the report Andy👍 have a good day🙂

• Like 1

On 7/1/2023 at 12:12 PM, Marjan said:

The new type gear selector is shift by wire and it’s simply a joystick, no cable connection to the transmission, it is like in all Priuses and Aurises.  It’s by far the best shifter in any car to date, much better and much more sensible than the classic ones you find in Corolla, current chr, Yaris etc. And with the new design and better position Toyota’s has made it 👌👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marjan said:

I expected more diferences in favor to 5th generation. Well good news for me 😄
For the engine the 2.0 is the way to go imo. 1.8 struggle way to much. Specially in the current version with only 122HP.Thanks for the report Andy👍 have a good day🙂

The 2.0 is a lovely car to drive , you won’t be disappointed 👍😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

The new type gear selector is shift by wire and it’s simply a joystick, no cable connection to the transmission, it is like in all Priuses and Aurises.  It’s by far the best shifter in any car to date, much better and much more sensible than the classic ones you find in Corolla, current chr, Yaris etc. And with the new design and better position Toyota’s has made it 👌👍

If it feels like the one Lexus use it will make the new C-HR feel much more upmarket. The 2.0 Corolla also had HUD which was very nice too , all in all lots to look forward to with the new C-HR. 

• Like 1

Another video with an interview with the new C-HR design team lead, some insights into what Toyota wanted from the new car 

A better look at the cockpit from around 7mins 30 seconds . The graphics on the “combimeter” are supposed to be of a higher definition than those of current models. The Corolla I drove today was ok but not as sharp as many competitors 

Another with lots on the interior 

• Like 1

Not strictly C-HR but gives a good idea about a lot of features coming with the new generation C-HR and how the PHEV will perform, all sounding very promising 👍😎

I would propably prefer if it looked more like the electric c hr concept but this look sharp as well, tons of tech which i like but it looks like there is no ventilated seats option which is kinda dissapointing, having leather seats in the summer is definetly a struggle lol. Also no color options for the seats too, unless you got the glass roof the interior is too dark, maybe white/red seats options that lexus cars have would be really nice and definetly something i would pick.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links