Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New C-HR

Devon Aygo

Nice comparison of the new and old, it’s going to be a divisive design but personally I love it 😍 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, AndyRC said:

Nice comparison of the new and old, it’s going to be a divisive design but personally I love it 😍 

Both stunning 🤩 

• Like 1

I don't think anyone has commented on this already but I'm pleased that from the Design model and upwards a powered tailgate is standard! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BigRedSwitch said:

I don't think anyone has commented on this already but I'm pleased that from the Design model and upwards a powered tailgate is standard! 

The 'reveal' on the Toyota UK Media site states clearly that: "Details of the UK range, specifications and pricing will be confirmed at a later date". So far we don't know that there will be a Design grade in the UK, let alone what spec it may have. Folk get all excited about specifications that may appear in other geographies and are then disappointed when the 'must have' feature doesn't appear in the UK ...

... and, do you have a powered tailgate? I do. It's so slow - I often wish I had a manual one 'cos opening and closing would be so much quicker ... 😉

• Like 1

14 hours ago, philip42h said:

The 'reveal' on the Toyota UK Media site states clearly that: "Details of the UK range, specifications and pricing will be confirmed at a later date". So far we don't know that there will be a Design grade in the UK, let alone what spec it may have. Folk get all excited about specifications that may appear in other geographies and are then disappointed when the 'must have' feature doesn't appear in the UK ...

... and, do you have a powered tailgate? I do. It's so slow - I often wish I had a manual one 'cos opening and closing would be so much quicker ... 😉

Sad that we now measure everything in seconds , I’m lucky that I can afford an extra couple of seconds for a power tailgate to do its thing , and it’s saves me a lot longer cleaning the 💩 off my hands in winter , but each to their own 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

The question is,this power tailgate will be available also later as an option?

Or only premier edition then ciao ciao forever🫤

47 minutes ago, Marjan said:

The question is,this power tailgate will be available also later as an option?

Or only premier edition then ciao ciao forever🫤

TBC but looking like standard across the range from Design upwards, points towards Toyota aiming to make the C-HR a more premium product and competing with the likes of RR Evoque , Merc GLA etc 

• Like 1

I prefer a powered tailgate but could manage without but no rear wiper is a deal breaker for me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, andyfr said:

I prefer a powered tailgate but could manage without but no rear wiper is a deal breaker for me.

I’ve owned several coupes with no rear wiper and never had an issue, TBH the view out of the rear of the C-HR is pretty poor anyway. The rear mirror/ camera set up is much better idea IMO  Having tried it on a Lexus NX it’s a lot better. 

• Like 1

Rear wiper usually for cars that does their backs dirty. If chr has aerodynamic shape that won’t make the rear a mess like hatchback and estate cars then having no rear wiper is not a big deal for me. 

• Like 1

CHR is next PHEV I have been told.  I was told it's on the website though I can't find it.

I'malso waiting for it to show on the website. 

21 hours ago, AndyRC said:

Sad that we now measure everything in seconds , I’m lucky that I can afford an extra couple of seconds for a power tailgate to do its thing , and it’s saves me a lot longer cleaning the 💩 off my hands in winter , but each to their own 🤷‍♂️

We live in a world where people have to be warned if a social media article might take longer than a minute to read.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Big_D said:

I'malso waiting for it to show on the website. 

I doubt it will show until pricing is announced and order books open 🤷‍♂️

4 hours ago, AndyRC said:

I doubt it will show until pricing is announced and order books open 🤷‍♂️

I agree. They also have to finish selling all the old C-HR models before this happens

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Big_D said:

I agree. They also have to finish selling all the old C-HR models before this happens

There could be some good deals on the runout cars if that’s what people want🤔 or they may fly out the doors at full price as a lot of folk think Toyota have ruined the C-HR with the new model🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, AndyRC said:

But not showing under cars you can order 🤷‍♂️

The indications are that it will be available to order from August (so probably September) according to the info you shared from your dealer:

On 6/30/2023 at 5:13 AM, AndyRC said:

NG C-HR Product Guide (26th June).pdf 7.29 MB · 56 downloads

My local dealer sent me this and said there was no embargo on sharing it 👍

The July price list still shows the current MY22 C-HR. The new MY24 C-HR may appear in the August price list but I suspect / hope it will be September ...

Meanwhile we can register interest and wait ... 😉

Looking at the new model, it confirms our first thoughts, it does not appeal. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, philip42h said:

The indications are that it will be available to order from August (so probably September) according to the info you shared from your dealer:

The July price list still shows the current MY22 C-HR. The new MY24 C-HR may appear in the August price list but I suspect / hope it will be September ...

Meanwhile we can register interest and wait ... 😉

My local dealer is already getting plenty of interest , as soon as pricing and spec confirmed we will get an order placed, as to what spec not sure but definitely 2.0 engine. 👍 We don’t actually want a new car until March 2024 so timing is spot on for us 😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roy124 said:

Looking at the new model, it confirms our first thoughts, it does not appeal. 

In what way doesn't the new C-HR appeal to you? There's no reason why it should, and asking is a tad off-topic, but I'm just interested.

It appears to be a perfectly good update of the current C-HR. Refreshed styling (that may or may not appeal), updated power trains and no more practicality. And the PHEV option next year. It could be a candidate replacement for the wife's C-HR in due course - assuming our requirements remain the same as today.

It's a 'fail' as a replacement for my RAV4 - I want a downsized AWD RAV4 PHEV (ideally) - and, as things stand, Toyota don't make such a vehicle ...

It looks a nice car I think I would miss the rear wiper. But all the videos of the new CHR shows storage ie centre console etc but no one shows the glove box so is this also missing like the new BZ4 and the Subaru Solterra. 

I like the new chr more than the current one. Although still prefer Yaris x and rav4 styles, but that’s just me. Also rear windows even reworked still on the odd and off putting side but better. The car comes with glove box, it shown on videos. 👍

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links