Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New C-HR

Devon Aygo

33 minutes ago, Baytree said:

And a little bit more space in the boot.

But seriously, does the CH-R not have the same gen hybrid as the newest  Yaris models (inc Li-ion instead of the earlier type battery)?

Boot space doesn't bother me, C-HR was never designed to be a load lugging vehicle.

Current C-HR has the 4th gen hybrid power trains same as Corolla.

2023 model year Corolla is being updated to 5th gen hybrid power trains.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spo2 said:

Lee, there is a good possibility of that coming to Toyota. Similar set up is in new Prius and their EV range. Apparently, Toyota might bring some sort of sophisticated yolk steering wheels.

Fly by wire steering?

Still waiting to see what safety features are built in to it.

Fly by wire steering has been on BT Toyota warehouse forklifts for around 30 years, if there is a fault detected with the system the mechanical brakes are jammed on, traction motors do full regen stop & then the main contactor will drop out to stop the truck.

What are road vehicles going to do if there is ever a failure in there fly by wire steering systems? ? ? 

It's extremely rare I ever see a fly by wire steering fault but these are systems that are extensively tried, tested & improved over the last 30 years.

• Like 1

Another short video, nice to see the Prologue rendered in other colours , now we just have to wait probably a year to see what we will actually be getting 🤔

• Like 1

15 hours ago, forkingabout said:

Boot space doesn't bother me, C-HR was never designed to be a load lugging vehicle.

Current C-HR has the 4th gen hybrid power trains same as Corolla.

2023 model year Corolla is being updated to 5th gen hybrid power trains.

About all we would like is a bit more width in the cabin , other than that it’s the perfect size for us. I drove the bZ4X and nice as it was, it’s  a big car. I’m happy to stick with Toyota Hybrid unless the plug in isn’t too much of a premium. 

No more cabin width, some of us need to fit vehicles inside garages.

• Like 2

On 12/13/2022 at 11:24 AM, AndyRC said:

Another short video, nice to see the Prologue rendered in other colours , now we just have to wait probably a year to see what we will actually be getting 🤔

I hope that at least it has quieter cabin and spare wheel as an option (or as standard). 

On 12/13/2022 at 1:12 PM, forkingabout said:

From bestcarweb.jp - "The body size of the current C-HR is 4390mm in length, 1795mm in width and 1550mm in height, but the new C-HR is expected to be slightly larger, 4500mm in length x 1800mm in width x 1570mm in height."

So it'll be 5mm wider than the current model!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Better than previous generation but rear doors and windows still on the narrower side, although slightly improved design. 🤔

• Like 1

Similar topics merged

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

Better than previous generation but rear doors and windows still on the narrower side, although slightly improved design. 🤔

... but it's supposed to be a 2+2 coupe (SUV)!

If you wanted load or passenger carrying you ought to be looking at a similarly sized Corolla or Corolla Cross ... except there no room in the model range for the latter here! 😞

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

A lot of folk like the higher ride of a compact SUV and don’t need the rear seats , or only occasionally, the C-HR is perfect fit . I think Toyota have taken a huge step with the design language of the Prologue , and hopefully that get carried over into production. The C-HR will always be a “marmite” car , but lots of folk love it for what it is, compact coupe shape , higher ride , cramped rear etc rather than what it isn’t RAV 4  etc. Can’t wait for the 26th to see what’s coming. 😎

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AndyRC said:

A lot of folk like the higher ride of a compact SUV and don’t need the rear seats ,

Exactly, how many of us regularly carry more than two people and even when we do dont do huge miles where the smaller rear of the car would be an issue. 

I have been looking at the cross and CHR for a while  the Wife prefers the CHR but parking is tight where we live so that may be the deciding factor between both.

• Like 2

There are some taxi firms locally in Birmingham who use the C-HR, so obviously to them the rear passenger space suits their needs.

• Like 3

I’d say if your under 6’ tall the rear is not an issue , it does feel a bit claustrophobic with the small rear window but I’d say I’ve never carried passengers in the rear more than a dozen times in 2 years. It suites a lot of folk , that’s why there are so many about. Unless pricing is a big hike on current C-HR I would expect these to be in big demand. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Max_Headroom said:

I have been looking at the cross and CHR for a while  the Wife prefers the CHR but parking is tight where we live so that may be the deciding factor between both.

I saw a review that mentioned "auto parking" which could be a game changer,  is this across the range?

• Like 1

Even the Mk4 Yaris can have that (Albeit only in Japan for some reason) and also the Yaris Cross I believe.

It's a fun gimmick but only really works in the most Learner-y of spaces; It's practically useless on London roads! :laugh: 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Cyker said:

It's a fun gimmick but only really works in the most Learner-y of spaces; It's practically useless on London roads! :laugh: 

Parking here isn't too bad but spaces are often very tight and my Yaris doesn't have front censors so this would be very useful for me.

The best thing about the auto-park system (IMHO) is not actually the auto-park system, but that it usually comes with the 360 degree camera system, which is *awesome* - It's like having a top-down view of your car and its immediate surroundings, video game-style! :biggrin: 

It effectively lets you look in all directions at once and you can see how your car is moving which makes manoeuvres and judging distances while doing them much easier.

It's the one thing the Jappy-spec Mk4 has that I really wish was added to the UK ones (That and the HUD and heated wheel and seats...).

• Like 4

On 12/13/2022 at 1:12 PM, forkingabout said:

I thought garages were for storing crap! 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I mean the quirky design of rear doors and windows make it very dark with almost no visibility outside and claustrophobic feel, just not a pleasant place to be and this will bother everyone who has children as they will bother you, Space wise the chr is larger than Corolla or Yaris cross. , but just the windows. 👍 I have seen ct200h and Auris hybrid gen 1 as ph cars, very popular in Bradford and York , Leeds areas. 👌 Rav4 in London and. Corolla hatchback Uber . 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

this will bother everyone who has children as they will bother you,

If they are like mine they wont raise their eyes from their phones long enough to notice!

• Haha 3

It's one of those cars, where the more I see it, the more I like it. Let's see what the final released model looks like

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links