Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New C-HR

Devon Aygo

9 hours ago, Max_Headroom said:

If they are like mine they wont raise their eyes from their phones long enough to notice!

The dark rear cabin is probably a plus point for those who are addicted to their smartphone/tablet 👍😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Perhaps you are right guys, but it’s just me that I like more basic design of the cars. Let see the new model, looks very futuristic and it will be interesting what will be the final choice of the designers. I have my thoughts shared with them already via different media. 
I believe Toyota UK also read this forum thoroughly especially posts about complaints or wide spread issues, or perhaps it’s a coincidence.
3 years ago we started to talk and remove hybrid badges from the cars including the blue tint of the emblems as was the cat thefts problem, two years later Toyota hybrids started to come out without badges and blue tint from the factory. Goodyear tyres fitted as oem, I won’t be surprised if they start to offer some suv with cross climate too. Or maybe I am wrong, but at least free to share. 👍

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Cyker said:

The best thing about the auto-park system (IMHO) is not actually the auto-park system, but that it usually comes with the 360 degree camera system, which is *awesome* - It's like having a top-down view of your car and its immediate surroundings, video game-style! :biggrin: 

It effectively lets you look in all directions at once and you can see how your car is moving which makes manoeuvres and judging distances while doing them much easier.

It's the one thing the Jappy-spec Mk4 has that I really wish was added to the UK ones (That and the HUD and heated wheel and seats...).

The press release talks about “new technology” Toyota may be throwing everything they have at the new C-HR to showcase what’s on offer. I’d definitely like 360 degree cameras and Head Up Display.  I’m guessing that some versions will be offered with 20/21 inch wheels for the visual element. I’m expecting 18s to be the smallest which is likely to upset some folk. 

• Like 2

Just been out and about for a drive with the CEO as it’s her birthday and we were both saying how nice our C-HR (2.0 Excel) is , both excited about the new one coming and even more “stuff” on it. Sounds like there may be a plug in hybrid , having a driven a plug in Lexus NX (not apples for apples) which was great on electric only , I’d be interested depending on the price premium🤔

• Like 1

I would love 360 degree cameras and HUD on the C-HR

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Big_D said:

I would love 360 degree cameras and HUD on the C-HR

I’ll put a 🍺 on 360 degree camera being available, it’s already available on Yaris Cross AFAIK, like you I’m hoping for HUD 🤞

• Like 2

HUD is amazing. SWMBO has it on her Yaris

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Big_D said:

HUD is amazing. SWMBO has it on her Yaris

A Lexus NX I tested had HUD and loved it , didn’t realise it was available on Toyota models. Hopefully we will get an idea of how much tech will be a available and as Europe isn’t getting the new Prius 🤞 the C-HR is launched here first 😍

• Like 2

In a weeks time hopefully we will be discussing the new C-HR  that we will be able to buy 🤞😎. I’m hoping we get at least an idea when order books will ope too 🤔

• Like 3

Let us know how you get on Andy

• Like 1

Still impressed with the performance of the 2.0 L hybrid power train after two years, more than enough power for our needs and on a 120 mile round trip yesterday with 80% motorway it averaged 57mpg on the computer, 60.1 mpg on the return leg 😎 With the 5th generation hybrid in the new C-HR hopefully that will be even more impressive 🤞😎 

• Like 3

It will be interesting to see the price difference between the hybrid and plug-in hybrid (assuming there will be one, and I’m thinking there will be) as to whether it will be cost effective for us , given the frugality of the hybrid 🤔 

16 hours ago, AndyRC said:

Still impressed with the performance of the 2.0 L hybrid power train after two years, more than enough power for our needs and on a 120 mile round trip yesterday with 80% motorway it averaged 57mpg on the computer, 60.1 mpg on the return leg 😎 With the 5th generation hybrid in the new C-HR hopefully that will be even more impressive 🤞😎 

And this is exactly why I love my C-HR

• Like 1

The 360 camera has the "problem" that it doesnt work on their new infotainment (yet), so unless that has changed they have to keep putting the old horrible 8" infotainments in the future too and tbh other than the 360 camera part, it really isnt doing Toyota any favors.

I'm hoping they'll figure it out by the time I need to replace my C-HR, which will be in a few years

1 hour ago, AndyRC said:

https://media.toyota.co.uk/world-premiere-of-the-all-new-toyota-c-hr/

Yes please 👍😍😎

Pretty dam close to the Prologue concept , 10/10 Toyota 🌟🌟🌟 Now the wait begins for the order books to open 🤔

IMG_1070.jpeg

Beautiful indeed 🤩
Video:

• Like 1

The new ch-r looks absolutely great and has all the best futures from all Toyota models to date combined together., the best gear shifter, the normal dashboard and steering wheel with the new digital instruments, a great seats, rear completely flat seats when folded down, good colour combinations especially if available in one full colour, plug in technology from latest Prius and last but not least much better design on the rear doors windows, not perfect but good enough, a real improvement. And this CH-R branding on the rear hatch that comes to life when unlocked looks somehow retro like jdm cars of late 80’s and 90’s rear lights. 
You won’t believe my words but this might turn to be the best new Toyota to buy when becomes available in the UK. 
Good job Toyota 👌

• Like 2

The best looking car I’ve seen in a long time 😎😍. Having seen the video the 2.0 GR Sport HEV would be where my deposit is going at this point in time. Having had some previous with purchasing via Toyota Online I’d go that route again , unless there any better dealer offers , which I doubt with the new car as these will fly out of the showroom door 

• Like 1

I like the look but not sure I would go for this. Few initial observations:

1. They seem to have removed the rear windscreen wiper.
  2. Is there any improvement in efficiency and/or performance in the 2-litre version over the current 2-litre version? 
  3. I don't see any vents in the rear passengers.
  4. Have they included any USB ports for rear passengers and in the boot?
  5. I don't see any grab handles for the rear passengers too.

I’ve never seen the  C-HR as a full on 4seat SUV / cross over / whatever , I think the rear seats have had passengers less than a dozen times in 2 years , and then for short journeys.  It appears to have everything we want and the layout of the switchgear appears much improved as well. I doubt many folks buy one for the practicality, saying that it does swallow all our suitcases when we go on holiday and the CEO does not travel light. 😎

Gear selector looks like the one I tried in a new model Lexus NX which had a lot nicer action than the one in the current C-HR which does feel notchy and heavy. The new digital display is a quantum leap forward from the current dash 😊

IMG_1071.jpeg

IMG_1072.jpeg

• Like 2

I really like the look and pleased to see there will be a PHEV version. However…. I want an opening sunroof, NOT a fixed glass panel. I appreciate the ‘market’ may dictate otherwise but for me it’s a deal breaker. 

• Like 1

Now this make me having second thoughts if I made the right decision of getting a Lexus Ux. damn!

• Like 1

Lexus it’s a Lexus, although lately some Toyota models looks even better than some Lexus equivalents but that’s very personal preference.
The panoramic glass roofs on Corolla open and close and gives owners a trouble. At least will require regular a regular lube service.
Chr has always been a raised up Prius and this second generation it’s exactly that. Perfect for all who missed on latest Prius here in uk. I think it’s a really good car and even better than the Prius itself because offers easy access in and out, more interior space while remains smaller overall from outside, and very likely to have similar efficiency. It’s a win win formula. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links