Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New C-HR

Devon Aygo

I love the new design, but feel I want to see one in full colour before i can truly appreciate its new lines. 

A bit disappointed with the inside, I think the instrument binnacle looks a bit bland, but the instruments inside of it look great. Not too keen on the round air vents as feel they look out of place with the rest of the straight lines on the dashboard. 

The C-HR and the LBX are on my list, but I will need to see them both in the flesh before I could make a decision.  They could possibly be around the same price, but LBX is smaller, but that would work for us. 

• Like 2

For me the "jury is still out" on the overall design and appearance - I'm mean that there is nothing much wrong with it but ... The original C-HR was unique in terms of styling - it looked like nothing else on the road at the time. (OK, it echoed the Nissan Joke more than a little but done properly and with style.) The new one seems to ape the styling of the Koreans - a wanna be EV and a bit 'bland'. I'll need to see one in the flesh ...

And while the original C-HR was unashamedly a 2+2 coupe style SUV so that it had an obvious 'slot' of its own, the new one seems to have to fill in for the old C-HR, the Prius and the Corolla Cross - so it's got bits of all of them ... Only time will tell whether it is the best or worst of all worlds.

But it promises an AWD PHEV variant (I think / hope because that is not clear from the 'revelation') and that's what I'm looking for next (in a size down from the RAV4). So it might meets my needs ... 🙂

• Like 1

Similar to Prius it will be offered as 1.8 hev, 2.0hev, 2.0 hev awd-i and 2.0 phev. No option as awd and phev. Only rav4 offers this. 
image.thumb.jpeg.8e989357e84e7e2b8909158159c6f91f.jpeg

On 6/26/2023 at 4:04 PM, Spo2 said:

I like the look but not sure I would go for this. Few initial observations:

1. They seem to have removed the rear windscreen wiper.
  2. Is there any improvement in efficiency and/or performance in the 2-litre version over the current 2-litre version? 
  3. I don't see any vents in the rear passengers.
  4. Have they included any USB ports for rear passengers and in the boot?
  5. I don't see any grab handles for the rear passengers too.

1. Yeah,no rear wiper 

2. The performance will be a little better. 197HP vs 184HP current version. Hybrid system 5th generation=less noise of e-cvt gearbox. 
3. No rear vents

4. Should be 1 usb-c port at the rear. Boot I don't know. Maybe another 12V socket?

5. I didn't saw either 

I'm going to reserve judgement until I see one in the flesh. It looks Okay, but in my opinion, it's not as sexy and quirky as the current C-HR

Just rewatched Doug’s review on What Car and it show AWD not coming to the UK. 

Didn’t notice the * comment before. 

A follow on design can never be as unique as the first iteration of a model. I do think some of the less positive comments also show a lack of understanding of car markets, demand and supply issues. No car is perfect (no rear wiper is a big fail in my view) but I personally like this - and if I didn’t tow a caravan, this would be on my shortlist.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Flatcoat said:

A follow on design can never be as unique as the first iteration of a model. I do think some of the less positive comments also show a lack of understanding of car markets, demand and supply issues. No car is perfect (no rear wiper is a big fail in my view) but I personally like this - and if I didn’t tow a caravan, this would be on my shortlist.

The original C-HR shifted the goal posts on compact SUV design , I think the new generation has shifted the goal posts yet again , in a positive way. I can’t wait to see the original and new gen side by side.  We’re currently leaning towards ordering the Premiere Edition in the gold & black after looking long and hard at the launch photos , although that could change before order books open. 🤔😂

• Like 1

It looks nice, looks like it's taken styling cues from the B4ZX I think.

Back still looks a bit claustrophobic is all.

• Like 1

Well, seeing and hearing there are still the old options left or just single color and then with contrasting roof I'm warming up a little more. 

I have a Yaris Cross on the way so luckily im not in a hurry to wait for this, but maybe once I turn that into residuals it might be an option to consider one of these new CHRs. Right now I have no chance to charge at home, but in 3-4-5 years time that might change. 

• Like 1

interesting comments regarding the new 1.8 hybrid engine being a lot better than the old one  We discounted the 1.8 C-HR as it felt underpowered compared to the 2.0  A trip to the local dealership to try a latest gen 1.8 Corolla  back to back against a 2.0 is on the to do list. 

I hope they button feel on the steerign wheel is more like the recent Yaris'.

The old CHRs had very mushy and low quality feeling buttons in the steering wheel. Also somehow every used car I drove there was either some crap on it or a layer was peeling off the buttons. Basically, every moderately used CHR I drove felt like it was driven 500k by someone who never washed their hands. And I jsut havnt quite seen the same in other cars, so I feel it was something to do with materials

• Like 1

NG C-HR Product Guide (26th June).pdf

My local dealer sent me this and said there was no embargo on sharing it 👍

We”re having a back to back test drive next week in a 1.8 and 2.0 Corolla with the 5th Gen HEV power train to decide which version of the Next Gen C-HR we will be ordering. With some holidays booked for 2024 an 01.03.24 delivery date looks ideal 😊 

Happy reading folks 😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, AndyRC said:

We”re having a back to back test drive next week in a 1.8 and 2.0 Corolla with the 5th Gen HEV power train to decide which version of the Next Gen C-HR we will be ordering. With some holidays booked for 2024 an 01.03.24 delivery date looks ideal 😊 

Happy reading folks 😎

Thanks for sharing ... no AWD available in 2023/24 so not for me ... maybe later, maybe ...

That apart, it looks a lovely car with the next step-up in equipment from the current models.

And as for test driving to get an impression of the difference between the 1.8 and 2.0 ... if performance 'matters' to you, having driven it you'll choose the 2.0; if economy is your thing you'll choose the 1.8 ... 😉

2 hours ago, AndyRC said:

NG C-HR Product Guide (26th June).pdf 7.29 MB · 7 downloads

Happy reading folks 😎

I would go for 2.0

Extra push in the back is always welcome if you need. 

Not exactly related to this very topic, but I wonder why the CHR club on this site is so much less active and smaller than the others? Are they not very popular in the UK? Cos around here in Finland the C-HR is a really top seller and you probably see them more than RAVs and Yaris combined 😄

I mean, even the bz club has more posts than CHR club and im like 100% sure there must be more CHRs in the UK than Bzs?

As for engine size, I guess it's good to know one's own driving habits and needs. I mean, surely a more powerful engine is always nice to have, but then you have to weigh whether the extra cost is worth "well its nice a few times a week that I get to go 0-60 joining a motorway 0,2s faster"? 😄

I take turns driving a 230hp Volvo and my 73hp Aygo, and honestly I dont accelerate any faster with the Volvo. Ofc its nice that the Volvo doesnt go "REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" when doing that acceleration, but yeah. Ofc if both were somewhat similar priced, I'd probably always take the bigger/more powerful, but I assume we are talking about a difference of several thousand. As for AWD-i. I test drove a Yaris Cross with one, but ordered one without it. I drive a lot, but have never been in a situation where I couldnt get out of with a 2WD, so I dont really see the point in paying several thousand for that 5hp on the rear wheels that I just dont need. But there are people who often drive roads where that is actually useful and then it's worth paying for.

Our current 2.0 is great and the decision between a 1.8 and 2.0 4th gen hybrid was easy. As we have plenty of time before the order books open and our local dealer (JRT Hull) has always been great when it comes to test drives , it’s an opportunity to test the 5th gen hybrid system and see if the 1.8 has moved on enough to make it a consideration 🤔 As for economy we’re currently getting 58/59 mpg with the 2.0 keeping speeds nice and legal. 

looks like the next gen will have some sort of speed control linked to traffic sign recognition (which I thought was becoming mandatory under EU legislation) so will be interesting to see how that works 🤔

IMG_1111.jpeg

IMG_1112.jpeg

IMG_1113.jpeg

2 minutes ago, AndyRC said:

Our current 2.0 is great and the decision between a 1.8 and 2.0 4th gen hybrid was easy. As we have plenty of time before the order books open and our local dealer (JRT Hull) has always been great when it comes to test drives , it’s an opportunity to test the 5th gen hybrid system and see if the 1.8 has moved on enough to make it a consideration 🤔 As for economy we’re currently getting 58/59 mpg with the 2.0 keeping speeds nice and legal. 

looks like the next gen will have some sort of speed control linked to traffic sign recognition (which I thought was becoming mandatory under EU legislation) so will be interesting to see how that works 🤔

Here's hoping they actually make the speedometers accurate then. My Aygo X from last year shows quite exactly 5 km/h wrong.

2 minutes ago, CruxisCore said:

Here's hoping they actually make the speedometers accurate then. My Aygo X from last year shows quite exactly 5 km/h wrong.

Cross checking against the speed readout  on Waze on level roads, the Speedo on our C-HR is about 5% optimistic through the speed range. 

1 minute ago, AndyRC said:
6 minutes ago, CruxisCore said:

Cross checking against the speed readout  on Waze on level roads, the Speedo on our C-HR is about 5% optimistic through the speed range. 

The speedo is absolutely accurate - it overstates the true road speed by 5% by design ... UK / European regulations and all that. The RAV4 is exactly the same ... 😉

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AndyRC said:

NG C-HR Product Guide (26th June).pdf 7.29 MB · 17 downloads

Happy reading folks 😎

I'm planning to downsize from RAV4 HEV Excel next year. A C-HR PHEV Excel now looks a good fit, given we have just installed Solar + Battery. If the price is under the £40k I'll bite. 

31 minutes ago, ZZYGY said:

I'm planning to downsize from RAV4 HEV Excel next year. A C-HR PHEV Excel now looks a good fit, given we have just installed Solar + Battery. If the price is under the £40k I'll bite. 

A run-out C-HR Excel would set you back £36k ... so £37k by the time you've added paint let alone any other options. PHEV-iness cost £3k in a current RAV4 (it used to be a lot, lot more). So to hope that a new model C-HR PHEV Excel comes in at under £40k strikes me as wildly optimistic ... but you can always hope ... 🙂

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, CruxisCore said:

They will not. Its the law in EU that the speed must be lower vs what is showing on the speedometer. 
The diference is 5% to 10%

Chr are very popular in uk too. There might be less posts on the forum but the forum itself represents very little number of the total Toyota owners in the county and we do have a lots of Toyota  chr. on the streets , well not as many as Priuses are in Mongolia but we are getting there 😉👌

One thing to note that Toyota hybrids prices will keep going up even more with latest news and rumours about evs and the car market situation in general. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Chr are very popular in uk too. There might be less posts on the forum but the forum itself represents very little number of the total Toyota owners in the county and we do have a lots of Toyota  chr. on the streets , well not as many as Priuses are in Mongolia but we are getting there 😉👌

One thing to note that Toyota hybrids prices will keep going up even more with latest news and rumours about evs and the car market situation in general. 

Forums generally represent quite a small % of owners , the majority of owners of a “mainstream “ car are not interested in talking about it online , and if they are it’s probably on Facebook , and then it’s generally total 💩that they post. 

I’m starting to consider this may be my last ICE car , with the 10 year warranty, spec it to the max and enjoy it and hopefully get 60:mpg with all the toys 🤔👍😎

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links