Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New C-HR

Devon Aygo

I finally got to see a new C-HR "in the flesh". It was a GR Sport. Now that I have seen a real one, I quite like it. I'm still not a fan of the black on the rear quarter of the car, but it is growing on me.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Big_D said:

I finally got to see a new C-HR "in the flesh". It was a GR Sport. Now that I have seen a real one, I quite like it. I'm still not a fan of the black on the rear quarter of the car, but it is growing on me.

I must take another visit to my dealer as I understand December was when they would have a GR Sport and Premier in the showrooms.  It was good to see the Excel as it lets you see the proper shape of the car, rather than the attempt to make it look Coupe-esq with the black rear half and cut through on the rear door.

• Like 2

Was at my local Toyota dealer/garage today and had our mud flaps mounted on our RAV 4 PHEV 2020.

saw that they had one red/black coloured new CH-R ( lowest trim level but extra metallic two tone) and two topp trim level gold/black and White/ black CH- R .

they wont be " introduced" until this weekend ( 8 dec) here in Sweden,  so I could not test drive. 

Just sit in.

20231206_144723.jpg

20231206_143549.jpg

20231206_143257.jpg

• Like 1

Similar topics merged.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HSDish said:

Was at my local Toyota dealer/garage today and had our mud flaps mounted on our RAV 4 PHEV 2020.

saw that they had one red/black coloured new CH-R ( lowest trim level but extra metallic two tone) and two topp trim level gold/black and White/ black CH- R .

they wont be " introduced" until this weekend ( 8 dec) here in Sweden,  so I could not test drive. 

Just sit in.

20231206_144723.jpg

20231206_143549.jpg

20231206_143257.jpg

I'm confused - perhaps I've missed something. All grades of the new C-HR on the UK Price List are clearly marked FWD. Yet all three of the CH-R pictured above have AWD-i clearly marked on the rear quarter ...    :confused1:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, philip42h said:

Jag är förvirrad - jag kanske har missat något. Alla kvaliteter av den nya C-HR på den brittiska prislistan är tydligt märkta FWD. Ändå har alla tre CH-R på bilden ovan AWD-i tydligt markerad på den bakre fjärdedelen ...    :confused1:

The 2.0 phev version got awd in Sweden 

18 hours ago, HSDish said:

The 2.0 phev version got awd in Sweden 

At launch, UK and Ireland get FWD cars only. In France (and probably much of the rest of Europe) I could order a 2.0 hybrid AWD. So, I wasn't going quite as mad as I thought. Having crossed the C-HR off the list because it was FWD only I may yet be able to put it back on again!

The jury is out on the PHEV for the time being - the Toyota Europe Newsroom states explicitly that there will be an AWD version of 2.0 hybrid but speaks merely of a 2.0 PHEV without specifying the drive ...

This morning we were the first customers to test drive of the next gen C-HR at John Roe Toyota Hull this morning and we were very happy, order confirmed for the Premiere Edition after we placed a deposit a few months back, hopefully to take delivery 01.03.24 😎 

The good news , cabin is a massive step forward over the first gen , feels wider but the control layout is much more cohesive. The new gear selector is easy to use and way better than the old one, HUD is great , infotainment massive , combimeter impressive, JBL sound system amazing, 360 camera amazing , steering very light at parking speeds but weights up nicely on the go , 2.0 HEV feels very relaxed. Car looks very sharp in the flesh. Drivers seat “parks” itself all the way back when you switch off. Door handles feel ok and pop out all the way around. 

The bad news , it’s not cheap or the bargain the first gen was. The cabin feels dark unless you have a panoramic roof and the view out of rear view mirror isn’t great. We got to sit in the PE and the panoramic roof along with lighter grey/yellow leather lifts the interior a lot and the digital rear view mirror gives a much better view out the back. 

All in all a great morning, normally on a test drive at John Roe Toyota Hull they woukd give you the keys , a full tank of petrol and say come back when you’re ready. Today we were asked to have it back within an hour and a half as folk are queuing up to test it , not a problem . I don’t think many folk will be disappointed.

If you’re in anyway interested in a next gen book yourself a test drive and see how it feels. 

• Like 4

Congratulations on the new order!.  

Its good to hear the Premier feels brighter inside as the Design we sat in was very gloomy.  The Premier seats do look much nicer I have to say.  Went to another local dealer yesterday and all they had was another Design in the showroom and another Design as a Demo.  Hopefully the bigger dealer will get a Premier.

I'm holding off to wait to hear more details on the Gen 5 Prius now we are getting it in the UK, but Toyota seem very tight lipped about it when I tweeted them.  They just said keep an eye on socials, even though all the car mags are full of it 🤨

Still haven't ruled out the C-HR though, but it seems there is a lot going on at the moment with Toyota/Lexus, but who knows the timescales 😆

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Harters said:

Congratulations on the new order!.  

Its good to hear the Premier feels brighter inside as the Design we sat in was very gloomy.  The Premier seats do look much nicer I have to say.  Went to another local dealer yesterday and all they had was another Design in the showroom and another Design as a Demo.  Hopefully the bigger dealer will get a Premier.

I'm holding off to wait to hear more details on the Gen 5 Prius now we are getting it in the UK, but Toyota seem very tight lipped about it when I tweeted them.  They just said keep an eye on socials, even though all the car mags are full of it 🤨

Still haven't ruled out the C-HR though, but it seems there is a lot going on at the moment with Toyota/Lexus, but who knows the timescales 😆

Thanks , we were the second deposit JRT a took but AFAIK the first confirmed order. 👍😎. The seats AFAIK are the same design in Excel, GR Sport and PE and are very comfortable. The interior of the GR did feel pretty dark, far darker than the first gen GR Sport due to the lack of any light coloured materials. The PE did feel much more “up market” but then at the price point you would expect it to be. 

We’re early adopters due to the lack of a decent car since the CEO stopped work and her Excel was/had become her company car (long story) and was handed back a few months ago. 

• Like 2

Forgot to mention that the local sales guys had their CHR training and they asked if the U.K. was getting a heated steering wheel on any models and sadly it’s a no , disappointing but not the end of the world. Apparently the Premiere Edition also gets a yellow/gold outline option for the dials in the combimeter.  No update on PHEV other than there will be a delay due to component shortage/issue specific to that model. 

• Like 1

i need to downsize from the RAV so I had a drive of a Design 1.8  with Pan roof today.

Easier entry for my stiff joints than the last version and much easier than RAV.  Plenty space in the front, I like to stretch my left leg! Tight in the back but not my problem!.

The interior would be too dark for me without the pan roof.
Good comfy seats. Light steering. Not too much howling under load.

Asked about the Phev - "mumble mumble spring"and over £40K so that's not for me 🙄
Tried a PCP quote on the website but it's down, new deal coming I think. 

Now to decide the colour 🤔

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ZZYGY said:

i need to downsize from the RAV so I had a drive of a Design 1.8  with Pan roof today.

Easier entry for my stiff joints than the last version and much easier than RAV.  Plenty space in the front, I like to stretch my left leg! Tight in the back but not my problem!.

The interior would be too dark for me without the pan roof.
Good comfy seats. Light steering. Not too much howling under load.

Asked about the Phev - "mumble mumble spring"and over £40K so that's not for me 🙄
Tried a PCP quote on the website but it's down, new deal coming I think. 

Now to decide the colour 🤔

Glad you enjoyed it. The pan roof makes a big difference to the cabin feel.  I generally like dark interiors but on the GR Sport other than the silver seat  inset JBL Speakers and a bit of red stitching it’s black black black ☹️. The first gen GR an interior is far nicer. I feel this may be an issue for many potential customers. 

You can only think Toyota are keeping decent interiors for the Lexus version 🤔. Other than adding heated steering wheel , electric passenger seat adjustment the interior materials are about all there is left for Lexus to play with as top spec CHRs have just about everything there is. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

19 hours ago, HSDish said:

20231206_143359.jpg

20231206_143146.jpg

20231206_143140.jpg

20231206_142421.jpg

20231206_142416.jpg

And you get the heated steering wheel 👍😎

Saw one in the flesh today.  Styling was more acceptable to us compared with the previous model.  Seats were declared by Mrs Roy.  She also thought very aircraft-like.  The screen between front seats like business class and the drivers as a pilot's seat.  I liked the anticillary switch panel being just below the armrest with the stubby drive lever just in front. Very impressive. 

The model we sat on was the GRSport with a HUD, but we were rather less impressed with the £47k ticket.

The one downside was the rear doors which  were potentially able to deliver a frontal lobotomy or require new dentures.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 12/14/2023 at 6:40 PM, Roy124 said:

Saw one in the flesh today.  Styling was more acceptable to us compared with the previous model.  Seats were declared by Mrs Roy.  She also thought very aircraft-like.  The screen between front seats like business class and the drivers as a pilot's seat.  I liked the anticillary switch panel being just below the armrest with the stubby drive lever just in front. Very impressive. 

The model we sat on was the GRSport with a HUD, but we were rather less impressed with the £47k ticket.

The one downside was the rear doors which  were potentially able to deliver a frontal lobotomy or require new dentures.

Don’t know why the price was £47k it’s listed just over £40k 🤔

16 minutes ago, AndyRC said:

Don’t know why the price was £47k it’s listed just over £40k 🤔

It appears to be a "simple typo" on the website:

image.thumb.png.7b515d152d48c28cd30b517c119c971a.png

It (probably) should read £42,720 as per the Price List ... 😉 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, philip42h said:

It appears to be a "simple typo" on the website:

image.thumb.png.7b515d152d48c28cd30b517c119c971a.png

It (probably) should read £42,720 as per the Price List ... 😉 

Definately 👍😎

Has anyone seen an Excel version in the flesh yet? I’m interested to see what the upholstery looks like , all dealers seam to have GRS, PE and Design models 🤷‍♂️

Perhaps it’s just where the colours change (paint lines), but the current model looks ugly to me.  Whilst I may not necessarily move from Toyota, my next car will not be a CH-R.

4 hours ago, Haliotis said:

Perhaps it’s just where the colours change (paint lines), but the current model looks ugly to me. 

Back in the 60s or 70s I would see some cars that made me say that's a great looking car, I'd love have one of those.  Sadly I don't say that anymore.  All new cars are styled very similar and lack character.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Haliotis said:

Perhaps it’s just where the colours change (paint lines), but the current model looks ugly to me.  Whilst I may not necessarily move from Toyota, my next car will not be a CH-R.

I do tend to agree. I'm slowly getting the jang of the new shape, but I too am put off by the paintwork

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links