Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Global Recall Notice

DíarmuidIRL

As far as I'm aware DVSA discourages compensation from manufacturers for official safety recalls - the BZ4X recall is listed on the DVSA website.

9 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

As far as I'm aware DVSA discourages compensation from manufacturers for official safety recalls - the BZ4X recall is listed on the DVSA website.

Think i got a rather nice box of chocolates after having a recall carried out on one of my previous Toyotas

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

As far as I'm aware DVSA discourages compensation from manufacturers for official safety recalls

Technically (and also I believe according to Toyota), in the UK our cars weren’t recalled they are just delayed delivery. 😉😉

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, egg said:

Think i got a rather nice box of chocolates after having a recall carried out on one of my previous Toyotas

may we ask if that was the fancy swiss type chocs, or just a plain pick'n'mix assortment ............

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, rfrancis073 said:

https://www.motortrend.com/news/toyotas-fix-bz4x-disconnecting-wheels-recall

Seems like US only to get new wheels.  All get new hub bolts with washers.  This could explain why Toyota GB has stated that customers who ordered before stop sale would be contacted SOON to get a delivery date of their BZ.  It’s a quicker fix if there is no requirement for new wheels on top of new bolts.

We don't read the atrticle to say that, and the statement from CEO Toyota Japan seems to indicate all BZ4X made prior to recall with either be reprodcued, or have wheels replaced.

Of course there may be thngs lost in the translation from Japan, so we will all have to wait for official UK announcement

Why does everything in the UK seem to be last in the queue to get done !!!  Drives you crazy.....

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Malop said:

Technically (and also I believe according to Toyota), in the UK our cars weren’t recalled they are just delayed delivery. 😉😉

Officially it is a recall affecting 412 vehicles: https://www.check-vehicle-recalls.service.gov.uk/recall-type/vehicle/make/TOYOTA/model/bZ4X/year/2022/recalls

15 minutes ago, Malop said:

Good point. Dealers showroom cars are recalled 😊

I didnt even get WIN so how could it be recalled? 

5 hours ago, rfrancis073 said:

https://www.motortrend.com/news/toyotas-fix-bz4x-disconnecting-wheels-recall

Seems like US only to get new wheels.  All get new hub bolts with washers.  This could explain why Toyota GB has stated that customers who ordered before stop sale would be contacted SOON to get a delivery date of their BZ.  It’s a quicker fix if there is no requirement for new wheels on top of new bolts.

Actually the shots in that articel are the best set of pictures we've seen of the BZ4x, it is a thing of beauty for sure.

Mind you, having actiually driven this vehicle, we can say that no pictures we have ever seen quite decribe accurately the driving position / steering wheel / dash poistion.  It look really bad in th photos, like the steering wheel is blocking the view of the dash.

When we did the test drive , to be honest if was perfectly easy to see the dash

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, lightboxcar said:

may we ask if that was the fancy swiss type chocs, or just a plain pick'n'mix assortment ............

It was a few years ago now, but i think they were Fortnum and Mason 😁

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, philip42h said:

In the UK making it a DVSA safety recall means no customers can take delivery of the vehicle until the safety recall has been carried out as its illegal for a car trader ( in this case a Toyota dealer ) to supply a vehicle to a customer with an outstanding safety recall. 

11 minutes ago, lightboxcar said:

They will be sending bz4x shaped chocolate to apologise. (just joking 😂)  just make sure before you eat tyre is with the car. 

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Malop said:

DVSA recall number R/2022/181 issued 23/06/22

• Like 1

Hello every body 

I speak Japanese and fellow him 

He talk about recall, that we already now know. 
But, he talk about a other fact: 

1 - the car don’t show the SOC at destination. (You should calculate by yourself) and it is boring. 
2 - the car don’t or limit more than 2 fast charge in a day. 
3 - The car never charge at maximum at it be expected. 

4 - He say in Japan there is maybe no customer would be unhappy, but in oversea there will be a lots of criticism about it and Toyota should do something, because foreigner would compare it to other car, like Tesla. 

i can’t translate all, and subtitle is in Japanese too. Lol. So…..

sorry for my English, I am not native. 

I order mine in Swiss by early of June. 
full option, 4X, with Panasonic. 

delivery date expected is 1 December. 

this is the guy who test à lots of électrique car in Japan. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The soc not connected to the route planning is bad. I have a question, can you se the map displayed in the instrument cluster display?

6 minutes ago, W id said:

The soc not connected to the route planning is bad. I have a question, can you se the map displayed in the instrument cluster display?

No, there is not. 
And we don’t know also the number of kW when he charge. 
In fact, we don’t know nothing. And he show nothing about Battery
only number of Km. 
that is bad. 
i expect an update from Toyota when a lots of customer will complaining about it. 

Toyota already said: (in an other video) 

we wait critisim from customer for update. 
like, lane change assist ( for exemple, we should put the turn signal before) 

i was surprise because it is not in the and of Toyota to do that. 
but there promise update for every thing the customer request. 

a journalist ask them: how many update in a month or year, there never reply at the question or reply with Japanese sentence like, (we don’t want to tell you) but very pride like: (it is just an exemple) tomorow, Toyota will be at the top of bla bla bla. 

so in fact, in Japanese you should never reply negatively, so you reply by other thing positive. Lol. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

bZ4X now sales and order books are open again plus production is restarting.

Not long before cars at dealers are fixed and moving again.

21 minutes ago, Derek.w said:

bZ4X now sales and order books are open again plus production is restarting.

Not long before cars at dealers are fixed and moving again.

Is this in the UK ?

Toyota UK website still not accepting orders as of 15.20hrs today, see attached

bz4x-keep-informed.JPG

1 hour ago, Niponyoshi said:

No, there is not. 
And we don’t know also the number of kW when he charge. 
In fact, we don’t know nothing. And he show nothing about battery. 
only number of Km. 
that is bad. 
i expect an update from Toyota when a lots of customer will complaining about it. 

Toyota already said: (in an other video) 

we wait critisim from customer for update. 
like, lane change assist ( for exemple, we should put the turn signal before) 

i was surprise because it is not in the and of Toyota to do that. 
but there promise update for every thing the customer request. 

a journalist ask them: how many update in a month or year, there never reply at the question or reply with Japanese sentence like, (we don’t want to tell you) but very pride like: (it is just an exemple) tomorow, Toyota will be at the top of bla bla bla. 

so in fact, in Japanese you should never reply negatively, so you reply by other thing positive. Lol. 

I have seen a number of non-english european video reviews that were quite detailed. Lane assist, traffic sign recognition works very well and as good or better as competitors. 

Main critique was the lack of route charge planning. Which is fixable via software update. And VW MEBs (Audi, Skoda, Cupra etc) and Hyundai, Kia, Genesis all launched without route charge planning

It is very poor for an electric car to come out in 2022 without that feature, but Toyota isnt the only one.

Also have in all the reviews never seen anything referenced to charge limiting. Charging performance is average, but as advertised. I.e. 10-80% charge at 150kw/h charge in 30 min. Exception is the AWD US only model, which shipped with a different and by comparison very poor performing Battery

German review, validating everything i said Carmaniac BZ4X review

3 minutes ago, swoop5511 said:

I have seen a number of non-english european video reviews that were quite detailed. Lane assist, traffic sign recognition works very well and as good or better as competitors. 

Main critique was the lack of route charge planning. Which is fixable via software update. And VW MEBs (Audi, Skoda, Cupra etc) and Hyundai, Kia, Genesis all launched without route charge planning

It is very poor for an electric car to come out in 2022 without that feature, but Toyota isnt the only one.

Also have in all the reviews never seen anything referenced to charge limiting. Charging performance is average, but as advertised. I.e. 10-80% charge at 150kw/h charge in 30 min. Exception is the AWD US only model, which shipped with a different and by comparison very poor performing battery

Please could you explain what 'route charge planning...' actually is / does ?

Thank you

1 hour ago, lightboxcar said:

Please could you explain what 'route charge planning...' actually is / does ?

Thank you

basically you're driving from A to B. Distance exceeds your car's range and lets say its actually multiple stops. Route charge planning is part of your car's navigational software but takes into account your current SOC (state of charge) and your use of electricity while driving. I.e. is it cold, or hot, AC running, are you driving at 60 or 80 mph etc. Good software will plan the route at start of your journey and also should allow you to select only x type of charges. In this case for example, you likely only want 150kw/h chargers and not 50 kw/h chargers etc and the software will then plan your route with these options in mind. Similarly, you should be able to select that you want to arrive at destination with x SOC. lets say 25% and so on. That is now the norm and expectation for every BEV. Hope that explains it. I may not calling it by the right name ...

Again, every car launched last year and some this year launched without, but every single manufacturer has or is in the process of releasing updates that allow this. Toyota has not confirmed that they will. 

• Thanks 2

Production restarted today!

Sounds like its a new locking washer incorperated into the fasterning device.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, swoop5511 said:

basically you're driving from A to B. Distance exceeds your car's range and lets say its actually multiple stops. Route charge planning is part of your car's navigational software but takes into account your current SOC (state of charge) and your use of electricity while driving. I.e. is it cold, or hot, AC running, are you driving at 60 or 80 mph etc. Good software will plan the route at start of your journey and also should allow you to select only x type of charges. In this case for example, you likely only want 150kw/h chargers and not 50 kw/h chargers etc and the software will then plan your route with these options in mind. Similarly, you should be able to select that you want to arrive at destination with x SOC. lets say 25% and so on. That is now the norm and expectation for every BEV. Hope that explains it. I may not calling it by the right name ...

Again, every car launched last year and some this year launched without, but every single manufacturer has or is in the process of releasing updates that allow this. Toyota has not confirmed that they will. 

What do you think about 3rd party softwares for that using by android auto or Apple car play ? I dont know if any in the application stores. 

2 hours ago, swoop5511 said:

Also have in all the reviews never seen anything referenced to charge limiting. Charging performance is average, but as advertised. I.e. 10-80% charge at 150kw/h charge in 30 min. Exception is the AWD US only model, which shipped with a different and by comparison very poor performing battery

Yes. They said nothing about limiting 2 fast charge in 1 day. That why the Japanese journalist is a little angry. 
And he ask Toyota about it…. 
for other things what you said, totally agree with you. 
it is my 5 électrique car from 7 years. Also had Tesla M3. (120000km whith) and I want the bZ4, because I think it is a good car and because it is Japanese car 🇯🇵.

Some of bad thing can be upgradable later by software. If not, I am ok too

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, bZ4X said:

What do you think about 3rd party softwares for that using by android auto or apple car play ? I dont know if any in the application stores. 

there is 3rd party software, for example "a better route planner", but to get the full functionality you need to connect via an OBD dongle (diagnostic tool) and then connect to the dongle via blue tooth. That way ABRP app can read you real time SOC and plan accordingly. Not sure if its possible for the BZ4X. 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, swoop5511 said:

there is 3rd party software, for example "a better route planner", but to get the full functionality you need to connect via an OBD dongle (diagnostic tool) and then connect to the dongle via blue tooth. That way ABRP app can read you real time SOC and plan accordingly. Not sure if its possible for the BZ4X. 

Toyota should have it high on their priority list. They have everything built in to the car so they need to work on the software. Shouldn’t be that complicated. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links