Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Global Recall Notice

DíarmuidIRL

1 hour ago, lightboxcar said:

maybe we misunderstand, but the UK Toyota website shows no way to order, and just says 'Keep me informed..'

our dealer also stated they are unable to accept orders

maybe it varies palce to place ?

Yes, maybe my dealer informed me that they accept orders but delivery is TBC. Or they accept order against cancelled orders. Dont know details. 

If you want to buy second one, I can share my dealers details with you 😜

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bZ4X said:

Yes, maybe my dealer informed me that they accept orders but delivery is TBC. Or they accept order against cancelled orders. Dont know details. 

If you want to buy second one, I can share my dealers details with you 😜

Think that is called 'double trouble....'

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

Still no TSB for the wheel hub/bolt/stud/nut fix

Please can you explain what TSB means ? thank you

10 minutes ago, lightboxcar said:

Please can you explain what TSB means ? thank you

Technical Service Bulletin

A service message from the manufacturer for there official service agents to carry out a repair or modification or to highlight a known fault with a product.

• Thanks 1

Technical service bulletin

A technical document produced when a known issue has a fix - issue, diagnostic, method of repair and parts required

eg.

CP-0022T-0411-EN.pdf

• Thanks 1

On 10/3/2022 at 9:03 PM, Malop said:

We should award a prize to the first person who gets an actual confirmed date in the UK

I don't know which country but if we hear any announcement tomorrow from Toyota, I want my prize 😂 eyes and ears at Toyota!

Screenshot_20221005_220151.thumb.jpg.b89107bdf4f135319ab593cc1f27e16f.jpg

From Reddit. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bZ4X said:

I don't know which country but if we hear any announcement tomorrow from Toyota, I want my prize 😂 eyea and ears at Toyota!

Screenshot_20221005_220151.thumb.jpg.b89107bdf4f135319ab593cc1f27e16f.jpg

From Reddit. 

Just got a call from the Toyota’s LA regional department(?) and was told that I will be hearing something from Toyota HQ (Toyota USA) very soon. I asked if that would be this month and she responded “more than likely by the end of this month”. Couldn’t tell me what it was about 🙄 but did assure me that it’s good news. Hopefully it’s tomorrow and not the end of the month.

On 10/5/2022 at 10:09 PM, temp.est said:

Just got a call from the Toyota’s LA regional department(?) and was told that I will be hearing something from Toyota HQ (Toyota USA) very soon. I asked if that would be this month and she responded “more than likely by the end of this month”. Couldn’t tell me what it was about 🙄 but did assure me that it’s good news. Hopefully it’s tomorrow and not the end of the month.

The #bZ4X, announced on Oct. 29 2021 in Japan. Do you think they are waiting for its birthday? 😂😂

More coming, looks like this time we have a fix. From Solterra forum:

Screenshot_20221005_224709.thumb.jpg.4c0a91a4571eb738caa0d7f8a3e3dde0.jpg

• Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, bZ4X said:

More coming, looks like this time we have a fix. From Solterra forum:

Screenshot_20221005_224709.thumb.jpg.4c0a91a4571eb738caa0d7f8a3e3dde0.jpg

Like we mentioned before, 2700 vehicles a 4 wheels = a lot of wheel to manufacture, ship and install

Maybe this explains the delay

Is official. Toyota announced that they fou d a fix. Uraaaaa..... finaly.

Check toyota.jp at bz4x section.

Finally!!! Details from Toyota Japan and looks like they discovered airbag problem too:

https://toyota.jp/recall/2022/1006_2.html

1006_2_1.thumb.webp.009494966b5f0e80dfc34d0ecf7c0ee1.webp

Corrections (translated):

Details of improvement

(1)All vehicles will be inspected for the installation status of the straps for assisting the deployment of the curtain shield airbags, and any inappropriate items will be corrected.

(2)All vehicles, disc wheels will be replaced with non-defective products, and hub bolts will be replaced with countermeasure products.

It will also be replaced with an instruction manual that contains notes on handling hub bolts.

Edited by bZ4X
Corrections added

Important note: Improved/refurbished vehicles will have yellow paint applied to the left side of the chassis number stamping position.

Translation of the documents:

Screenshot_20221006_075528.thumb.jpg.956c7159b83faeb335cedf9cafe97dd9.jpg

Screenshot_20221006_075418.thumb.jpg.8bb1ea0e8278b5bbe253aabbd5625b5f.jpg

Now I expect good compensation from Toyota for the disappointment and problem we experienced.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, bZ4X said:

Now I expect good compensation from Toyota for the disappointment and problem we experienced.

Let's hope...I'm worried about that the cars are "classified" in the market as failures, and this will drastically decrease the resale value... 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, bZ4X said:

looks like they discovered airbag problem too:

Don't forget the recall on LTA system....

Up to now 3 problems were found....

The airbag support strap is an easy fix - pop the A pillar trims of & check there is a strap there plus its fitted correctly.

It's there to stop the A pillar trim from detaching from the car when the curtain airbag deploys.

It allows the trim to release from the A pillar during airbag deployment but not launch the trim in to the passenger compartment to strike an occupant.

What do they mean by replacing wheel with non defective products?

11 minutes ago, W id said:

What do they mean by replacing wheel with non defective products?

Don't be locked with it as it is a google translation. It may be mistranslated from Japanese. 

To sum up, they will fix the car. According to news replacement parts are already produced. And will be shipped tonfix it ASAP. Do you remember my statement here on 08/06/22? 😎

On 8/6/2022 at 5:47 PM, bZ4X said:

I think, first deliveries will be November in the UK. 

Regards

4 hours ago, Dan2020 said:

Let's hope...I'm worried about that the cars are "classified" in the market as failures, and this will drastically decrease the resale value... 

why? The cars are not any less safe. Why is the first reaction always to jump on the compensation claim bandwagon? 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links