Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Global Recall Notice

DíarmuidIRL

Starting to wonder if this supposed Q4 announcment is actually going to happen ?

The only eveidence for it as far as we can see , is the comment on the UK website, made on 18 Aug 2022

How could the commentor predict that a couple of months in advance ?

Agreed we are seeing small signs of possible changes but absolutely nothing official / concrete

Soon ne four months into this, crazy or what !!!

toyota-uk-18-aug2022.JPG

35 minutes ago, lightboxcar said:

Starting to wonder if this supposed Q4 announcment is actually going to happen ?

The only eveidence for it as far as we can see , is the comment on the UK website, made on 18 Aug 2022

How could the commentor predict that a couple of months in advance ?

Agreed we are seeing small signs of possible changes but absolutely nothing official / concrete

Soon ne four months into this, crazy or what !!!

toyota-uk-18-aug2022.JPG

It was also the official Toyota Norway announcement that they are expecting a solution end of October. 

My dealer assured me that they had been in touch with Toyota and confirmed a big update is coming in October. 

I for one didn't expect this right at the beginning of October.

My best educated guess, is the following,

Toyota are waiting until replacement parts are manufactured, and they at least have an accurate timeframe as to when these will be delivered to Burnaston, and also how long it will be for these to be fitted.

Imagine this scenario,

After everything up to this point, I'm guessing they want to get any announcement right, and not make things any worse.

If they were to make an announcement now, that they've found a cure and parts need to be manufactured and fitted, after the ridiculous wait we've all had, the first thing we would all be then demanding would be a definite timescale for the fitment of these parts to our cars, and when we would be able to take delivery.

If the announcement comes before they've had parts remanufactured, and another delay happens, this would make things even worse than the mess it already is.

Trust me when i say I'm as infuriated by this whole mess as the rest of you, but any of us demanding an announcement before they are sure they are ready, isn't going to make any difference 

• Thanks 1

And also as for cancelling my order, yes I'm so mad i really want to, but it would hurt me more than Toyota.

I fully understand anyone who has, especially if they have no confidence in the vehicle any more.

Just remember though, it comes with a 10 year warranty if you have it serviced every year at dealer.

Approximately 5 weeks ago i ordered another ev with a delivery date end November to hedge my bets. 

The Toyota is still my prefered choice if they can get it sorted in time, I've had confirmation that i can get my £250 deposit back whenever i like, so leaving my order intact leaves me in a good position.

If eventually orders open again, which I'm sure they will, don't forget, anyone then ordering will have to pay about £1800 premium for the same vehicle, and who knows if prices will rise again shortly after due to rising inflation 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, egg said:

And also as for cancelling my order, yes I'm so mad i really want to, but it would hurt me more than Toyota.

I fully understand anyone who has, especially if they have no confidence in the vehicle any more.

Just remember though, it comes with a 10 year warranty if you have it serviced every year at dealer.

Approximately 5 weeks ago i ordered another ev with a delivery date end November to hedge my bets. 

The Toyota is still my prefered choice if they can get it sorted in time, I've had confirmation that i can get my £250 deposit back whenever i like, so leaving my order intact leaves me in a good position.

If eventually orders open again, which I'm sure they will, don't forget, anyone then ordering will have to pay about £1800 premium for the same vehicle, and who knows if prices will rise again shortly after due to rising inflation 

May we ask what alternartive you ordered please ?  End of November is a great deleivery date assuming that's 2022 ?

On 10/4/2022 at 5:34 PM, bZ4X said:

New video from Toyota Norway only six seconds 😂😂😂 I dont know what is saying... 

https://youtu.be/5Pe5LGOmbsE

It says exactly. 
come and test Toyota bz4x 

• Thanks 1

On 10/4/2022 at 5:38 PM, W id said:

It says exactly. 

Are you serious? Test bz4x?

We must confirm it with people who lives in Norway 😂 if they can really test it. 

On 10/4/2022 at 5:40 PM, bZ4X said:

We must confirm it with people who lives in Norway 😂 if they can really test it. 

But it doesn’t say test drive. It just says test or maybe try. But it doesn’t say drive. 

• Haha 1

On 10/4/2022 at 5:40 PM, bZ4X said:

Also you can not book a test drive on their website. 

Maybe we should get this thread renamed to “Toyota Watch” 😂😂😂😂😂

At the risk of labouring the point, this makes no sense to us.

In 24 hours, delivery times have changed considerably, from 8 weeks ( see post yesterday at 11:07 AM ) to 11 weeks.

Something dramatic happened in the last 24 hours maybe ?

toyota-delivery-time-04oct22.JPG

Have tested changing grade/engine/colour for Pure/Motion/Vision.

Everything says 'From 20 weeks....'

Only certain specific models/colours/grades show lower 10 to 11 weeks, presumably as previosly suggested this is existing stock that will be retro-fitted.

Still looks odds on Jan 2023 before any of these are supplied.

But why the sudden extra 3 weeks delivery ?   Are Toyota having trouble with the supply chain for new hubs/bolts ?  That seems implausible , no semi-conductor shortages for lumps of metal...

Plot thickens more every day........

5 minutes ago, lightboxcar said:

Have tested changing grade/engine/colour for Pure/Motion/Vision.

Everything says 'From 20 weeks....'

Only certain specific models/colours/grades show lower 10 to 11 weeks, presumably as previosly suggested this is existing stock that will be retro-fitted.

Still looks odds on Jan 2023 before any of these are supplied.

But why the sudden extra 3 weeks delivery ?   Are Toyota having trouble with the supply chain for new hubs/bolts ?  That seems implausible , no semi-conductor shortages for lumps of metal...

Plot thickens more every day........

But before these cars can be delivered they have to fix all already sold cars and dealer cars. So maybe it isn’t that strange. Still it is a real number and I would think all the other cars would be fixed before years end if these numbers actually has any meaning. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, W id said:

But before these cars can be delivered they have to fix all already sold cars and dealer cars. So maybe it isn’t that strange. Still it is a real number and I would think all the other cars would be fixed before years end if these numbers actually has any meaning. 

But why changre from 8 week to 11 weeks in 24 hours ?

Of course it may just be human error, but it could be things are still changing and not definite ..

• Like 1

OK last note to add on this:

Just ran through the configurator, and chose 11Kw charger, and it is still quoting 11 weeks delivery !!!!

There cannot be any existing stock anywhere of 11Kw as it was not produced up to the recall time.

So either the car is being manufactured right now, or very imminently , or the UK website is just muddled/incorrect.  This still does not explain why some models are 20 weeks and some are only 11 weeks , both with 11Kw chargers ???

• Confused 1

May I remind you of Hanlon’s razor: “never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity“.

Anyone who has had the misfortune to use Toyota UK’s website knows surely that the latter is far more likely. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, W id said:

It says exactly. 

The video is gone

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, W id said:

The video is gone

Like bz4x gone 😂

They must advertise is like this not Come and Drive! Which is the best, you think? 

Come and feel

Come and touch

Come and watch

Come and sit

Order and wait 

But cannot drive or test 

3 hours ago, bZ4X said:

Like bz4x gone 😂

They must advertise is like this not Come and Drive! Which is the best, you think? 

Come and feel

Come and touch

Come and watch

Come and sit

Order and wait 

But cannot drive or test 

I don’t get anything anymore. Lots of little things happened yesterday I almost thought the announcement would come today. Shame on me 😂

3 hours ago, bZ4X said:

Like bz4x gone 😂

Come and feel

Come and touch

Come and watch

Come and sit

Order and wait 

But cannot drive or test 

You cannot order the car either !!

We cannot rely on these comments made on other forums , or 'dealer' advised.  The previous official Toyota announcement said do not rely on ETA's as they will not be correct

21 minutes ago, lightboxcar said:

You cannot order the car either !!

We cannot rely on these comments made on other forums , or 'dealer' advised.  The previous official Toyota announcement said do not rely on ETA's as they will not be correct

Actually, you can order the car. But delivery is TBC.

7 minutes ago, bZ4X said:

Actually, you can order the car. But delivery is TBC.

maybe we misunderstand, but the UK Toyota website shows no way to order, and just says 'Keep me informed..'

our dealer also stated they are unable to accept orders

maybe it varies palce to place ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links