Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Global Recall Notice

DíarmuidIRL

4 hours ago, bZ4X said:

No comment, just sharing 🙄

https://youtu.be/kFM7n-T6lEM

like the guys says, historically Toyota has fixed problems quickly, but this recall is now over three months, this is a real concern.

Add to that the HUGE increase in the cost of electic car charging :

https://media.rac.co.uk/pressreleases/public-rapid-electric-vehicle-charging-costs-rise-42-percent-in-four-months-3206451

All of this does not sit well for the future of this vehicle, and indeed all electric cars, maybe time to jump ship, we are waiting for announcment of when the 2023 RAV4 can be ordered

• Like 1

This still feels like there are bigger fundamental issues at play here then some wheels falling off - nothing bz4x shaped coming out of the factory as there are various sources in Aichi and no leaks

• Sad 2

Well, I've had enough and am no longer interested in buying one.

This has dragged on far too long and Toyota have done their level best to ignore their buyers

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, MSNP said:

This has dragged on far too long and Toyota have done their level best to ignore their buyers

You are by no means alone, our guess is that there are very few people left with an active order for th BZ4X

2 hours ago, MSNP said:

If we don’t hear anything good from Toyota soon, I’m seriously considering doing the buy back option and going with something else that works. We’ve been too patient.

8 minutes ago, lightboxcar said:

You are by no means alone, our guess is that there are very few people left with an active order for th BZ4X

That's correct and bz4x forum is not active as it used to be.

Additionally, I am not excited anymore having a brand new Toyota EV. I am sure that many feel same way. 

I am sorry guys. This time I came with very bad news... Apparently, Toyota UK has given up on its Q4 announcement.

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

The most recent reply from Toyota UK, Page 15:

Screenshot_20220927_205134.thumb.jpg.8b08f910d8e5820155d9223012d08fb7.jpg

Their prevoius reply, Page 14:

Screenshot_20220927_205905.thumb.jpg.1bcf019ab648a8f8c53756fff4c6cf1f.jpg

Source: https://mag.toyota.co.uk/all-new-toyota-bz4x-makes-world-debut/comment-page-15/#comment-88060

On 9/27/2022 at 9:00 PM, bZ4X said:

I am sorry guys. This time I came with very bad news... Apparently, Toyota UK has given up on its Q4 announcement.

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Most recent reply from Toyota UK, Page 15:

Screenshot_20220927_205134.thumb.jpg.8b08f910d8e5820155d9223012d08fb7.jpg

Their prevoius reply, Page 14:

Screenshot_20220927_205905.thumb.jpg.1bcf019ab648a8f8c53756fff4c6cf1f.jpg

Source: https://mag.toyota.co.uk/all-new-toyota-bz4x-makes-world-debut/comment-page-15/#comment-88060

I’m not entirely sure that means there won’t be an announcement. Maybe they were told to shut up about it. Or maybe I’m just foolishly optimistic 😭

• Sad 1

Toyota GB said they have no further update - which doesn't say anything re the Q4 announcement. So presumably the Q4 announcement still stands.

• Like 1

On 9/27/2022 at 9:32 PM, FROSTYBALLS said:

Toyota GB said they have no further update - which doesn't say anything re the Q4 announcement. So presumably the Q4 announcement still stands.

My question and their answer are very clear. Sorry but they definitely gave up from announcement. You may go and ask again. I don't think their answer will change. 

I hope that I am wrong... 

• Sad 1

I think it is clear that they have no further update on the Q4 announcement.

I won't be raising a query.

• Like 1

Just read this from a Solterra forum. Think it is Canada. What do you think he means by the delay is in the retrofitting of already produced cars? Since I know mine is already produced but I don’t get what he means. 

Hey guys. I received this text grom my salesman and want to share it with you. Again don't kill the messenger:

Good News! Subaru is currently wrapping up testing a new wheel and hub combination that can take the torque. They believe they have the combination that will work and will shortly start production on the retail Solterra models. Very likely a November/December arrival. The delay is in refitting the dealer loaner cars in post production.”

On 9/28/2022 at 10:09 AM, W id said:

Just read this from a Solterra forum. Think it is Canada. What do you think he means by the delay is in the retrofitting of already produced cars? Since I know mine is already produced but I don’t get what he means. 

Hey guys. I received this text grom my salesman and want to share it with you. Again don't kill the messenger:

Good News! Subaru is currently wrapping up testing a new wheel and hub combination that can take the torque. They believe they have the combination that will work and will shortly start production on the retail Solterra models. Very likely a November/December arrival. The delay is in refitting the dealer loaner cars in post production.”

Hello, thank your for sharing. I beleieve, we can't get any result or assumptions from this information. But first option will be always fixing the car to avoid extra cost. If they cannot do it, then will produce new cars. I still have strong hope that first deliveries will be in November. 

If they decide to scrap all the cars produced, it means to me that the technical specifications of the car have changed and we can get a better version of the bz4x.

On 9/28/2022 at 10:09 AM, W id said:

"a new wheel and hub combination that can take the torque..."  suggests the original wheel/hub could not 'take the torque...'

That is truly scary.  If this is true will people want to drive this car loaded with their family on high speed roads ?

More we hear about this , the less we want this vehicle.  When paying around £50k you want somethign that is proven to work over time, you dont want to be a guinea pig for testing if it will crash or not.

Surely the short / medium term outlook for the BZ4X is very poor indeed now..........

So, once again we've got someone reporting, what someone said, a dealer said was possibly the situation in another geography ... 😉

And me commenting on it from a position of almost total ignorance! 🙂

It seems fairly reasonable to assume that by now Toyota would have a good understanding of the problem and certainly should have a design solution either in, or ready to go into, production. Since the problem stems from a "hub and bolt" design, it seems at least possible the the solution is a redesign of the hub and wheel fixings.

And with that production can resume.

Now the challenge is to retrofit the design change to cars already built. They could do that in one of several ways:

• At the dealers
  • At a regional hub or factory - if such exists
  • By shipping the cars back to the original factory

And the choice taken will probably vary from geography to geography. In the UK I'd expect the cars to go back to Burnaston and get fixed there but that's just a guess. Either way, it will take a bit of time to sort out the process, train the techs, and get the requisite number of cars fixed ...

On 9/28/2022 at 10:41 AM, philip42h said:

So, once again we've got someone reporting, what someone said, a dealer said was possibly the situation in another geography ... 😉

It seems fairly reasonable to assume that by now Toyota would have a good understanding of the problem and certainly should have a design solution either in or ready to go into production. Since the problem stems from a "hub and bolt" design, it seems at least possible the the solution is a redesign of the hub and wheel fixings.

Now the challenge is to retrofit the design change to cars already built. They could do that in one of several ways:

• At the dealers

And the choice taken will probably vary from geography to geography. In the UK I'd expect the cars to go back to Burnaston and get fixed there but that's just a guess. Either way, it will take a bit of time to sort out the process, train the techs, and get the requisite number of cars fixed ...

Yes agree + preparing documentation for regulatory authorities for each individual country 😊

8 minutes ago, philip42h said:

It seems fairly reasonable to assume that by now Toyota would have a good understanding of the problem and certainly should have a design solution either in, or ready to go into, production. Since the problem stems from a "hub and bolt" design, it seems at least possible the the solution is a redesign of the hub and wheel fixings.

• At the dealers

But would that mean that fixing the already produced cars would take even longer. That is what I don’t get from the original message I put up. 
The delay is in refitting the dealer loaner cars in post production” 

The vehicles that were already shipped to Derby UK, and then impounded, have now been sitting there for over three months, maybe nearly four months actually.

• What happens to the batteries if they are left to discharge over such a long time ?.  Once we left a car unused for a few months, and the Battery had to be replaced, garage said it was damaged due to being left flat over time

11 minutes ago, lightboxcar said:

What happens to the batteries if they are left to discharge over such a long time ?.  Once we left a car unused for a few months, and the battery had to be replaced, garage said it was damaged due to being left flat over time

Don't panic, there is an SOP to cover both batteries and tyres whilst in storage 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Parts-King said:

Don't panic, there is an SOP to cover both batteries and tyres whilst in storage 

Sorry, what is an SOP ?

8 minutes ago, lightboxcar said:

Sorry, what is an SOP ?

That would be a Standard Operating Procedure ... 🙂 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, bZ4X said:

Yes agree + preparing documentation for regulatory authorities for each individual country 😊

Possibly, but, again, from a point of almost total ignorance, I doubt that is needed. Cars are recalled and fix "all the time" without any need to repeat homologation processes ...

• Like 1

I love the comment left by Rob and I was expecting a professional detailed reply from Toyota UK but scroll down and see... 🤣🤣🤣 (sorry for laugh this turn into tragic comedy)

Ohh men, I am really sorry you spent that time to wrote Toyota and got this answer... And I totally share the feelings you have now. 

1. Rob Cherrysays:

In response to ‘Bz4x’, the statement said “early Q4” not “beginning”. But I fully agree with you that a statement is necessary on October 1st, as in my view many purchasers globally are frustrated and worried if this is a huge disaster for their intended purchase.

The Blogs’ (wishy-washy) response has been interpreted by a subscriber to bZ4x forum (US originated) as meaning there is NOT now going to be a statement early 4Q. I don’t think the blog response says that, unfortunately (again) it is a typical non-commital generalised statement that just generates more frustration. So I want to formally and simply ask the Blog team to go to the highest management necessary and ask if this statement is forthcoming, or not? Then reply to us with a straight answer. It must be possible given the passage of time that all the effort that has been exerted should enable a response on October 1st latest.

I also want to report that if a solution is known, nothing has yet been implemented to correct cars at dealers, including mine, (wherever it is in the UK)? They still stand untouched and unprotected where they were parked back in June.

And one final point, can you categorically assure me that as I pre-ordered my car at earliest opportunity on March 11th 2022, Toyota, or my dealer will not foist the price increase on me? My car was built and shipped in May prior to the price increase. I think that would would be the final straw that would break my Toyota loyalty.

2. a9e90b38c226f139a74866584a925831.jpg?verToyota UKsays:

Morning Rob.

We apologise for the uncertainty and inconvenience this situation has caused.

The Customer Relations team can be contacted here to discuss your concerns further: https://fal.cn/3sfZH Or call 0344 701 6202 to speak with the team directly.

Thank you.

Source: https://mag.toyota.co.uk/all-new-toyota-bz4x-makes-world-debut/comment-page-15/#comments

• Haha 1

On 9/28/2022 at 11:01 AM, lightboxcar said:

The vehicles that were already shipped to Derby UK, and then impounded, have now been sitting there for over three months, maybe nearly four months actually.

• What happens to the batteries if they are left to discharge over such a long time ?.  Once we left a car unused for a few months, and the battery had to be replaced, garage said it was damaged due to being left flat over time

I don't think Lithium ION batteries work the same as lead acid batteries (I'm making an assumption that the one that had to be replaced was lead acid - 12V).

As for charge, I've been able to monitor the status of my bZ4X, still in the Port of New York, by using the VIN entered into the Toyota app and the charge has stayed at 33% from July 18th to today but the expected range left has dropped from 102 to 99.  What I don't know is if they took some sort of portable charger around the cars in the port and gave them a refresher shot of electricity.

I bet Mr Cherry is currently seething and belting out a letter of discontent to Toyota :lol:

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links