Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Global Recall Notice

DíarmuidIRL

17 minutes ago, Parts-King said:

I bet Mr Cherry is currently seething and belting out a letter of discontent to Toyota :lol:

His intension is good and when I read his comment I said that this time we will learn something useful. Scroll down and saw Toyotas Robotic answer 😏 yeahhh great disappointment for me as well... I dont why I hoped they would give a normal reply and explain everything 🤣!?

On 9/28/2022 at 12:39 PM, bZ4X said:

I love the comment left by Rob and I was expecting a professional detailed reply from Toyota UK but scroll down and see... 🤣🤣🤣 (sorry for laugh this turn into tragic comedy)

Ohh men, I am really sorry you spent that time to wrote Toyota and got this answer... And I totally share the feelings you have now. 

1. Rob Cherrysays:

In response to ‘Bz4x’, the statement said “early Q4” not “beginning”. But I fully agree with you that a statement is necessary on October 1st, as in my view many purchasers globally are frustrated and worried if this is a huge disaster for their intended purchase.

The Blogs’ (wishy-washy) response has been interpreted by a subscriber to bZ4x forum (US originated) as meaning there is NOT now going to be a statement early 4Q. I don’t think the blog response says that, unfortunately (again) it is a typical non-commital generalised statement that just generates more frustration. So I want to formally and simply ask the Blog team to go to the highest management necessary and ask if this statement is forthcoming, or not? Then reply to us with a straight answer. It must be possible given the passage of time that all the effort that has been exerted should enable a response on October 1st latest.

I also want to report that if a solution is known, nothing has yet been implemented to correct cars at dealers, including mine, (wherever it is in the UK)? They still stand untouched and unprotected where they were parked back in June.

And one final point, can you categorically assure me that as I pre-ordered my car at earliest opportunity on March 11th 2022, Toyota, or my dealer will not foist the price increase on me? My car was built and shipped in May prior to the price increase. I think that would would be the final straw that would break my Toyota loyalty.

2. a9e90b38c226f139a74866584a925831.jpg?verToyota UKsays:

Morning Rob.

aWe apologise for the uncertainty and inconvenience this situation has caused.

The Customer Relations team can be contacted here to discuss your concerns further: https://fal.cn/3sfZH Or call 0344 701 6202 to speak with the team directly.

Thank you.

Source: https://mag.toyota.co.uk/all-new-toyota-bz4x-makes-world-debut/comment-page-15/#comments

The above repsonse from Toyota is shocking.  They would be better closing down that coments secton, it's embarrassing to say the least.

We have already phoned the so called 'Customer Relations team' .  In our view they are simply there to fob off people, they either know nothing, and/or tell nothing of use whatsoever.  'discussing concerns' with them was a total waste of time for us !!!

Toyota might make great cars ( apart from BX4X ) but it seems their commnications skills are zero.

Our view is the BZ4X issue is much more serious than 'nuts and bolts' and the likelyhood of this vehicle seeing the light of day this year is zero.  It will either be withdrawn comletely, or so fundamentally redesigned so as to make the earliest deleivery Q2 / Q3 2023.

All conjecture / speculation of course, the truth will out in due course

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I like the way he is all out lawyer........I formally and simply ask the blog team............... and can you categorically assure me.........................err, no  🤦‍♂️

These people in the media department have no more an idea to whats going on than me or anyone else, I do agree they should turn off replies, it would be far better 

• Thanks 2

Just checked the My Toyota app , it has now reverted to 'processing your order......'

No idea if this means something has happened, or they are not very good app developers

• Confused 2

The bZ4X SOP for Battery charging while in storage is “do nothing unless it is below 10%” by the way. This can be found by the Toyota Tech EU site. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, lightboxcar said:

Just checked the My Toyota app , it has now reverted to 'processing your order......'

No idea if this means something has happened, or they are not very good app developers

It means something. It wouldn’t just happen by itself. But it could be that they have just reset the system since the long wait throw everyone out. 

3 hours ago, bZ4X said:

Bz4x is not in Toyota Japans estimated delivery list. Even New Crown is added into list... Do you think they removed it from the list temporarily?

https://toyota.jp/news/delivery/

That should tell you a lot !

For example if the vehicle is not even in production, then perhaps no delivery date can be given.

Probably anyone hoping to receive this car in the next six to nine months or so,  will likely be dissapointed

• Sad 1

BZ4x is lease only in Japan, there are no current leases

Regarding the bZ4X, we notified the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism of the recall on June 23, 2020.
As we are currently investigating the cause, we have stopped accepting applications for contracts.
We will inform you again when we have a prospect to resume the application.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Thank you for your understanding

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, flash22 said:

BZ4x is lease only in Japan, there are no current leases

"As we are currently investigating the cause, we have stopped accepting applications for contracts....."

Do you know the date when that statement was made ?

38 minutes ago, Derek.w said:

New all electric---

Totota BZ4X Now has a posh sister a Lexus RZ450e

For me, Toyota bZ4X looks better. 

On 9/29/2022 at 9:34 PM, Derek.w said:

New all electric---

Totota BZ4X Now has a posh sister a Lexus RZ450e

This car look very much like a Lexus BZ4x ??

On the UK Lexus website, under the FAQ's on the pre-order page,  it states :

You can pre-order your Lexus RZ with customer deliveries taking place in 2023.

So does it have different wheels/hubs/nuts/bolts or whatever from the BX4x ?

Lets say redesigned hubs with new nuts/bolts is my bet.

You expect them to restart probuction first then fix all outstanding vehicles on hold.

• Like 1

On 9/29/2022 at 10:10 PM, Derek.w said:

Lets say redesigned hubs with new nuts/bolts is my bet.

You expect them to restart probuction first then fix all outstanding vehicles on hold.

Yes, thats my expectation.

I think, first deliveries will be in November. If we dont get deliveries in 2022, this means: they design the bz4x and maybe bz platform from scratch/reproduce. There is no other logical excuse to explain the 7-month recall and the suspension of production.

9 hours ago, lightboxcar said:

This car look very much like a Lexus BZ4x ??

On the UK Lexus website, under the FAQ's on the pre-order page,  it states :

You can pre-order your Lexus RZ with customer deliveries taking place in 2023.

So does it have different wheels/hubs/nuts/bolts or whatever from the BX4x ?

In sweden the Lexus website claims first deliveries in January 2023. But it has always said that but they haven’t changed it still says January. 

On 9/30/2022 at 1:39 PM, W id said:

So when do we think Toyota will make the “big announcement “ 

Nobody can imagine Toyota Motors next move, I believe. It is more unstable than crypto currency market currently 😂

We were expecting official announcement from Toyota UK. Now they are radio silence too and will not do that... We are all alone here 🙄

Is this "recall" listed on some sort of EU government website, such as the US NHSTA site?  It may not be since no cars made it to customers as they did in the US.

I've been looking for the documents / document count to change from 9 to ?? since this began on June 23rd.  I suspect there will be some sort of document change (fix assuming they are actually doing one) on that site when there is a green light.  Just curious on the EU side.

US NHTSA document listing for bZ4X:  https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs/documentList.xhtml?docId=22V444&docType=RCL

On 9/30/2022 at 1:56 PM, rfrancis073 said:

Is this "recall" listed on some sort of EU government website, such as the US NHSTA site?  It may not be since no cars made it to customers as they did in the US.

I've been looking for the documents / document count to change from 9 to ?? since this began on June 23rd.  I suspect there will be some sort of document change (fix assuming they are actually doing one) on that site when there is a green light.  Just curious on the EU side.

US NHTSA document listing for bZ4X:  https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs/documentList.xhtml?docId=22V444&docType=RCL

I don’t think there is a recall in Europe. Only in Japan and the us

It's not on a recall, nobody has taken delivery of one, it's on a hold from sale until fixed 

On 9/30/2022 at 1:56 PM, rfrancis073 said:

Hello @rfrancis073 yes there is recall announcement from authorities as cars meant to be delivered to dealers for test drive in June.

For UK: https://www.check-vehicle-recalls.service.gov.uk/recall-type/vehicle/make/TOYOTA/model/bZ4X/year/2022/recalls

For EU: https://ec.europa.eu/safety-gate-alerts/screen/webReport/alertDetail/10006377

I hope this helps. 😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The lexus is the same car in essence, it's just a pre-order for a £60-70k car nothing else, it's not even in production yet

a reply on the Lexus site from mid-September

Thanks for your interest in RZ.
Production of the RZ should begin in Q1 2023, with customer deliveries expected in Q2 2023.
Production of the RZ with One Motion Grip (steer by wire) should begin production in Q1 2024.
Hope this helps.
Thanks.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links