Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How much is enough?

Bper

Amazingly someone is still making those sweets - Saw someone selling them at a school fair!

Well, either that or they have an incredible best before date... :laugh: 

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

We had two channels - BBC and ITV. 

For those of you who like nostagia, can I recommend 'Talking Pictures' TV channel. 'Thunderbirds' has just finished, (coming back early 2024) and is to be replaced by 'Fireball XL5' for a few weeks? Some really good prgrammes from years ago, as well as some good old films.

• Like 5

Yes you can still buy Black Jacks, and Fruit Salad.

My second oldest sister had a secretarial job at Cadburys (about 3 miles away on the no.11 bus  - Europe's longest bus route until 2013). Cadbury workers had cards to get into the factory shop, where you could buy discounted bags of 'seconds', although they still tasted the same. Things like Creme eggs; chocolate covered shortcake, wafer, strawberry and orange sandwich biscuits; Bar Six; Aztec bars; Fudge bars; Milk Tray and so on.

Still miss chocolate bars like Old Jamaica, Milk or Plain Sandwich, Fry's Five Boys, Fry's Five Centres, and Lucky Numbers toffees.

• Like 4

Ee, wen I wer young we lived in hole in,t road, 

• Haha 3

Holes in't road, shoeboxes?

Pure luxury,we had to get up before we went to bed, and defrost our fingers by rubbing sticks together, before attempting to make a fire with wet scavenged scrap wood.

Well, those that had fingers that is, not those that had lost them through frostbite obviously.

• Haha 6

Bah, that’s nowt, our dad chopped our legs off to use as firewood, then would beat us to death before we went to school…

• Haha 8

We were so poor, we couldn't afford to pay attention:laugh:

We were so poor that my parents bought me a pair of trousers and cut the pockets out just so I would have something to play with.:laugh:

We were so poor we had to have my brother made in China:laugh:

• Haha 5

18 hours ago, Bper said:

Does anyone have memories of  the TV repair man working on the back of the TV when it broke and changing one of the valves which seem to be a common problem and the TV high street rental shops. D.E.R, Rediffusion.Radio Rentals.Granada,Vision Hire.

We had a superb colour TV, our first.  Superb as is a beautiful teak case.  Our TV repair man got so fed up that he said "you seem to know how to change a valve " and gave me a box of them.  When a valve heater failed I would swap valves out until it worked. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, dannyboy413 said:

Some really good prgrammes from years ago, as well as some good old films.

Yeah, BBC is putting on repeats too. Saw Dr Who the other night.  🤣

Last time i saw that episode was on PBS in the US 45 years ago.  Better in B&W.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

Yeah, BBC is putting on repeats too. Saw Dr Who the other night.  🤣

Last time i saw that episode was on PBS in the US 45 years ago.  Better in B&W.

With a revenue of over 3 billion a year IMO Dr Who could be made much better by introducing the graphics and CGI that they use on the Star Trek series. The stories need some serious looking at and I am not sure why Catherine Tate was chosen for a role. The series was good when  David Tennant and Billy Piper who played Rose appeared together.

Saturday nights episode story was lame and just didn't work for me. Don't know what other think who watched it.:sad:

• Like 2

I was thinking of William Hartnell.  The ones that got me were the Celestial Toy Maker.  A bit like that Escape Room series in a castle  or fortress 

• Like 2

For me it was Jon pertwee and Tom baker, I thought they were great…

• Like 3

Alan

12 hours ago, Primus1 said:

Bah, that’s nowt, our dad chopped our legs off to use as firewood, then would beat us to death before we went to school…

That has to be the topper Alan.😃

• Haha 2

I haven't watched since Peter Capaldi. I did watch a couple with Jodie Whittaker, but it just didn't seem the same.

• Like 3

Yeah that was disappointing; She could have been such a good Dr Who, but the writing was so awful even she couldn't keep it afloat.

• Like 1

Growing up and watching William Hartnell the first Dr Who was for kids seen as scary.It has evolved over the decades but in this era of big budget Sci-fi series and movies if it is to continue then the BBC should either invest heavily or as they are have already collaborated with Disney on a franchise then maybe they can have a future creative and financial input to take it on.:smile:

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Yeah that was disappointing; She could have been such a good Dr Who, but the writing was so awful even she couldn't keep it afloat.

So true

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Primus1 said:

For me it was Jon pertwee and Tom baker, I thought they were great…

Same here 👍 

• Like 3

If you tune into radio 4 extra on Sundays and listen to the navy lark, Jon pertwee is absolutely brilliant in it..such a talented man with the many voices he did…

• Like 3

On 11/27/2023 at 11:47 PM, Cyker said:

On a lighter note, was just talking about Dr Who with a mate and he sent me these and I had to share them :laugh: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmMxz4cMKuc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzODYtgV7gs

The first video was particularly funny better than some of the actual episodes.:laugh:

• Like 1

Local Morrisons 141.7, fill up £20 on Monday 1p more. 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links