Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How much is enough?

Bper

2 hours ago, Bper said:

Today 169.9p from local supermarket a drop of 2p over two weeks. Driving around Norfolk lowest price we have come across so far 163.2p.

Still not dropping fast enough. 🤔

Yesterday, Shell 159.9, ASDA 400 yards away 163.9

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

Yesterday, Shell 159.9, ASDA 400 yards away 163.9

Our supermarket Morrisons. Only one in town with a petrol station. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

Ooh a secret nuclear bunker.

I like that, given the impending apocalypse according to the news.

We are ok here though,as the local labour club declared itself a nuclear free zone some years ago.

My poor old dad used to go there and fill the bandit with coins, but it has beer and used to have ham and cheese toasties.

When the sirens go, I am heading straight there and hope that I can get in the now barrier covered car park.

Paul, I thought labour and conservative working clubs died out years ago. Cheap drinks a game of snooker and the chance to get 3 castles on the fruit machine. Good old days miss them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bper said:

Paul, I thought labour and conservative working clubs died out years ago. Cheap drinks a game of snooker and the chance to get 3 castles on the fruit machine. Good old days miss them.

Well to a large degree they have died out .

The local con club had a beautiful Victorian snooker room with 8 tables, with carved woodwork on the walls and a feeling of luxury .

The stewards were uniformed and well experienced in dealing with young oiks like me as I was then,

It is now a run down building in the centre of town that is struggling to attract the nightclub entrepreneurs.

There is a saying that the past is another country, I would like a ticket to there.

As you say, good days, I miss them too, but even if they were still there, the town centre is now a no go area for anyone who is old or frail, the university students seem generally ok , but we have a large contingent of morons who seem to like the "punch an old man and see if he falls and cracks his head on the kerb" type of entertainment.

• Sad 2

Oh don't worry Hybrid 21, I have long since stopped going out at night, but I do read the local news.

We do seem to have a lot of mindless violence here, but I think that is reflected all over the country sadly.

I hope that the seemingly daily stabbings and killings in London are not affecting our people here or their families and friends.

• Like 2

My BiL works in a Drinking Den in Cleethorpes.  Our village has a Social Clubex Quarry Workers den. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

Well to a large degree they have died out .

The local con club had a beautiful Victorian snooker room with 8 tables, with carved woodwork on the walls and a feeling of luxury .

The stewards were uniformed and well experienced in dealing with young oiks like me as I was then,

It is now a run down building in the centre of town that is struggling to attract the nightclub entrepreneurs.

There is a saying that the past is another country, I would like a ticket to there.

As you say, good days, I miss them too, but even if they were still there, the town centre is now a no go area for anyone who is old or frail, the university students seem generally ok , but we have a large contingent of morons who seem to like the "punch an old man and see if he falls and cracks his head on the kerb" type of entertainment.

It's really sad was brought up around the con club era. Parents never went elsewhere. Saturday night entertainment was groups like the Batchelors, regular Snooker players Jimmy white,Tony Meo. Loan club fund for Christmas, bowls green ,darts, Saturday horse racing, and the cheapest drinks ever.

No one ever touched the elderly. Some famous members of the criminal fraternity would never allow it.

It's a shame my wife and I often reflect on the good times.

• Like 2

And the sick and dividing members, and the weekly meat raffle.😅

Thread wander? What thread wander?

Genuine apologies to those who wish to stick to fuel prices. 🤐

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bob,

My mum & dad used to go to a labour club it was a good cheap night out. They had lots of life long friends. There gone now but brings back happy memories. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well fuel prices have raised their ugly head again. All going in the wrong direction a bit like a sat nav. So the Saudi oli producers decided to cut the production of the number of barrels produced per day.

So currently petrol prices have risen in the last 3 days at our local supermarket by 3p to £1.73.9p. Diesel prices will soon be on par with gold prices so how much has it gone up in your area? 

• Like 1

It looks like the Abridge Shell's 153.9 was as low as it gets as it's been steadily rising since; It was at 159.9 today, and my nearby sainsburys has also been slowly creeping up again.

At least I'm still beating my Tesla 3 friend for p/mile, just, but not sure for how much longer!

• Like 2

On 10/24/2022 at 8:06 PM, Cyker said:

It looks like the Abridge Shell's 153.9 was as low as it gets as it's been steadily rising since; It was at 159.9 today, and my nearby sainsburys has also been slowly creeping up again.

At least I'm still beating my Tesla 3 friend for p/mile, just, but not sure for how much longer!

Blimey do you think I should hire a tanker and head down to you. Look at the difference in price between two counties . 

• Haha 2

Petrol unleaded up by 4p in 4 days at local supermarket  £1.77.9 . Found a small independent 1.9 miles away which we didn't no was there and was £1.69p. Is this really acceptable for us to keep paying higher prices and what will be the result if the price keeps rising. What rises are you seeing. 

• Like 1

Holding at 158.9 here.

The lowest listed above are a bit misleading as I bet they are Costco fuel prices, which for some reason are always much lower than everywhere else (and require costco membership). Maybe those are trade prices and sans VAT or something?

And it's not just fuel - Those tyres I got for £57 last week are now £64! :eek: 

(To be fair, with F1 Auto I find I need to keep the page open and refresh it every day as the tyre prices are always going up and down!)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Cyker said:

Holding at 158.9 here.

The lowest listed above are a bit misleading as I bet they are Costco fuel prices, which for some reason are always much lower than everywhere else (and require costco membership). Maybe those are trade prices and sans VAT or something?

And it's not just fuel - Those tyres I got for £57 last week are now £64! :eek: 

(To be fair, with F1 Auto I find I need to keep the page open and refresh it every day as the tyre prices are always going up and down!)

Another rise of 1p this morning at our local supermarket. This is now concerning as we are getting back to the levels of a few months ago.🥺

• Like 4

Yep we are starting to see rises in prices in our area as well. Hope it drops soon

• Like 4

Noticed prices going up as well? lucky to go past a Gulf at 159.9 in my pocket rocket 😁 but everywhere else local to me around 164.0.

• Like 2

Petrol price was 177.9p its now down to 173p at our local supermarket, are you seeing prices drop in your area. If so by how much.

Yesterday Sainsbury 159.9 and Shell 164.9 in Grantham. 

We drove home via motorways on the 31st enjoying the extended hybrid range and low priced fuel of a fortnight previous.  I noted a BP station at 205.9 when others were sub 170. 

Who buys fuel at that markup? 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Big_D said:

I paid 160.9 yesterday

13p difference what a rip off.

6 hours ago, Roy124 said:

Yesterday Sainsbury 159.9 and Shell 164.9 in Grantham. 

We drove home via motorways on the 31st enjoying the extended hybrid range and low priced fuel of a fortnight previous.  I noted a BP station at 205.9 when others were sub 170. 

Who buys fuel at that markup? 

Big difference between two counties.😠

A43, Red House, North of Northampton, Shell station is regularly a low price.

She'll station at Louth is also pence cheaper

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links