Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Electromagnetic parking sensors

Vins213

Hi there,

I wanna buy and install this electromagnetic parking sensor https://www.amazon.it/dp/B09T3VJ252/?coliid=I3L0RRP82Z986H&colid=T4DKPE9DR143&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it&th=1 especially on the front bumper. I have to connect the positive on the Battery, can I connect it to the + from the DRL led headlight?

And how can I install the internal activation button?

Thanks and merry Christmas you all! 

Can I connect the positive and also the activation button to the front fog light?

If you’re asking these kind of questions, you shouldn’t be fitting them, get some professional or competent help before you make a mess 👍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, anchorman said:

If you’re asking these kind of questions, you shouldn’t be fitting them, get some professional or competent help before you make a mess 👍

Sure, like the other things I've done 🤣

I bought the kit without the button, I'll connect the positive to the + of the front fog light, as if it were the rear reverse light

If that is not a permanent live then you might have to activate by switching on the lights. 

You need to find an ignition controlled positive. 

3 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

If that is not a permanent live then you might have to activate by switching on the lights. 

You need to find an ignition controlled positive. 

Yes, I wanna activate the parking sensor by switching on the fog lights, that I never used in 5 years of driving this car

I thought it was a good solution 

34 minutes ago, Vins213 said:

Yes, I wanna activate the parking sensor by switching on the fog lights, that I never used in 5 years of driving this car

Sounds good to me. I've had cars with front sensors off the ignition and they were a real pain in the ears.

On the other hand, many years ago I fitted one of those foil strip type sensors to a car and it was useless. I hope yours is better.

• Thanks 1

do you still have a spare hole down by the hand brake ? If so get a pre facelift parking sensor button, 4 wires 2 for the switch and 2 for the illumination

8 minutes ago, flash22 said:

do you still have a spare hole down by the hand brake ? If so get a pre facelift parking sensor button, 4 wires 2 for the switch and 2 for the illumination

Hi Flash, merry Christmas! 

Nope, I have no hole near the hand brake (the heated seats works really good!)

I was thinking about the wiring in fog light zone, I never used them...BUT, the climate is changing, so if I need to turn on the fog lights I'll have turned on the parking sensor also...is it there a way to disable the parking sensor after 2-3 mins? 

2 hours ago, Vins213 said:

So let me get this straight.  Every time you draw up to a close object you’re going to remember to switch on the front fog lights or you’ll leave them switch on year round?  What it easier about that than locating an ignition feed?

1 minute ago, anchorman said:

So let me get this straight.  Every time you draw up to a close object you’re going to remember to switch on the front fog lights or you’ll leave them switch on year round?  What it easier about that than locating an ignition feed?

Every time I need the front parking sensor, I'll switch the front fog light..not every park needs the sensor activated 

fog light switch will not work in this case

do you have a blank switch by the mirror controls ?

5 minutes ago, flash22 said:

fog light switch will not work in this case

Why?

5 minutes ago, flash22 said:

do you have a blank switch by the mirror controls ?

Yes, I have the zone of 'pwr heat' switch (that obviously I don't have on the Yaris)

Why ? The fog light is ground side switched it also requires the headlights to be on (not drl's or side lights), also you get into the Auto lights and control issues

4 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Why ? The fog light is ground side switched it also requires the headlights to be on (not drl's or side lights), also you get into the Auto lights and control issues

Yes I know that I have to turn on headlights or position lights 😅 the fog lights work in that way, not in DRL mode (or auto mode if outside there is a sunny day) 

the problem is: how can I move the wiring from the front bumper to the internal panel? I wanted to avoid that

I have this on my panel 

266C4EA6-C2CF-4505-BA4C-85AA5FE7E5AE.jpeg

Forget the lights, it you have access to cables behind the dash, find an ignition controlled supply. Tap into that, root through the switch, then you have an on/off control on a switch supply.  No messing with lights. 

There might be an error thrown up, I don't know enough about Cambus 

• Like 1

you will need a front set for the front as they detect in a forward motion and usually deactivate above 5kph

1 minute ago, flash22 said:

you will need a front set for the front as they detect in a forward motion and usually deactivate above 5kph

So you think I've the routing for the original sensor? I was buying an aftermarket electromagnetic sensor, easy to install 

On 12/25/2022 at 2:35 PM, flash22 said:

Is it there for the back bumper also?

1 minute ago, flash22 said:

Thanks Flash, but I don't have that lights layout on the back

I have this with rear lights in blue

46AD1495-BA01-494D-A124-F82CB8803B99.jpeg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links