Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Electromagnetic parking sensors

Vins213

6 hours ago, MikeSh said:

These days the only time my horn gets used is at MoT time. In the last few decades I can only think of a couple of times I've needed it, as opposed to just wanting to vent, which I've come to realise is a pointless exercise. Simpler to just see what stupidity is about to happen and avoid it, rather than getting involved in 'asserting my right-of-way' or whatever. If I've got time to hoot then I've got time to avoid.

But I was young and impatient once, and fitted an air horn on my first car to warn others of my approaching stupidity. I'm embarrassed for myself in hindsight 😖

I’m sure I’ve read more stupid comments but I just can’t remember when.  

Every one gets the horn, mike you must live in the sticks, horns headlight flashes an hand signals are a daily occurrence, come school run time all bets are off

Vins is Italian, as a nation they are err um very passionate and vocal about driving 😉 and mad as a box of frogs on the road

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Every one gets the horn, mike you must live in the sticks, horns headlight flashes an hand signals are a daily occurrence, come school run time all bets are off

Vins is Italian, as a nation they are err um very passionate and vocal about driving 😉 and mad as a box of frogs on the road

That's really the point I was making. It's 99% venting (99.99% in Italy 🙂 ) with no actual purpose as far as safety goes - probably the opposite as it's often the first step in a road rage-rage incident.

Let it go.

• Like 3

Fortunately I live in country and we only honk when we have controls, in case of a dumb idiot that doesn't respect rules (no stop or moving in front of you) and when there is a wedding party (or victory of football teams) but in the city it is a jungle, all with 0 tolerance

• Like 2

I actually do use the horn for intended uses!

Over the last few weeks alone I have honked at someone who was slowly rolling back toward me while we were stationary at traffic lights, before going over a blind single-lane hump-backed bridge, and to notify yet another hausfrauenpanzer who was changing lane into me that I was there. I also gave some honks of support to some striking ambulance crews, but that probably doesn't count...

• Like 6

Everything works great with the front parking sensor!

For the back:

I think the red 12v wire for the backup lights is the big one, not the other 3 small red (one on the back of the shot) 

I don't wanna peel all the red wires for tester measurement 

The ground is already connected (in yellow)

62E2D22F-753E-4BD9-B92A-ADC71F76F78A.jpeg

5E0FCA7C-CFA9-4D8C-B769-45C3D04F2D21.jpeg

Have a look at the thickness of the wire at the reverse light(s), you can use a needle to pierce the wire for testing

That was the one, works great!

from another guide:

99A2B0F3-1654-4954-9CB2-1A32EAA27A2D.jpeg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links