Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Got a MY23 Any Questions ?

Devon Aygo

1 hour ago, RabButler said:

He probably didn't know.

It’s his job to know!!

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Roy124 said:

I think you were in a minority.  I used it once in anger in the dark. 

Apart from being terrifed I thought it took too long compared with my 'expert skill'. 

Well, with my Yaris Cross, after 6 months, I have yet to park accurately in the box.  After years of the low bonnet on a Mercedes E Class and the low bonnet on the Corolla, the boxy Yaris Cross has me feet short of the line. 

Interesting - I have a new MY22 TS (produced Oct/Nov 2022) which we took delivery off in January, and it is currently waiting for new sensors after the dealer confirmed my finding that intelligent parking does not work. It gets the geometry all wrong, turning about 70 degrees into a parking slot and just getting nowhere near when attempting to parallel park. They said they were going to dump the car data to Toyota central tech support and possibly Tokyo.

Presumably mine is not the only one they have ever had trouble with, so I hope they can fix it. It was a factor in our choice of model because the same feature had worked well on our Skoda Octavia, particularly for week on holiday when we had to use a designated parking space usually after sunset. Parallel parking also worked well, the only problem being that it was over sensitive to one's use of the controls or vehicle speed, being too quick to abort the operation just when you were about to start reversing with the car doing the steering. With traffic behind, that usually meant that it had to be done manually. It was still useful in that it had measured the gap as large enough to get into.

Perhaps taking it off MY23 indicates that they have not got it working it well, or perhaps they have user feedback indicating minimal use? If VW/Skoda had it working well for a 2018 Octavia, I would have expected Toyota to have sorted the technology long ago!

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/26/2023 at 8:28 PM, Devon Aygo said:

According to Toyota all dealers have now received a GR Sport 1.8 HB Demonstrator and a Excel 2.0 TS for showroom with a further demo due by early March

My dealership (Edgware Road) finally told me that they had a new TS demonstrator last week, so I made the trip to have a look at it yesterday.

It was something of a letdown when I realised that their shiny, new, '23 plated GR Sport 1.8 TS was a MY22.... 🤦‍♂️😤 (the sales staff were apparently unaware of this)

They did have a MY23 GR Sport 1.8 HB in the showroom though.

• Confused 1

Just to give some people some idea of fuel economy which to me seems very impressive. I know you can’t trust the onboard computer for fuel averages but mine have been very good. 

1 month into ownership on a 1.8l Saloon Corolla hybrid in Ireland with 3500km driven has been averaging 4.1-4.4l per 100km of driving. 

I traded in a 2016 Auris diesel and was happy enough with the diesel consumption. This was my drive home this evening and this has come up a few times 3.9l per 100km of driving.

IMG_1594.thumb.jpeg.f1b7663a6a13e5eab2e5d1fa997a567d.jpeg

• Like 2

On 5/22/2023 at 6:33 PM, Darren Murphy said:

Just to give some people some idea of fuel economy which to me seems very impressive. I know you can’t trust the onboard computer for fuel averages but mine have been very good. 

1 month into ownership on a 1.8l Saloon Corolla hybrid in Ireland with 3500km driven has been averaging 4.1-4.4l per 100km of driving. 

I traded in a 2016 Auris diesel and was happy enough with the diesel consumption. This was my drive home this evening and this has come up a few times 3.9l per 100km of driving. 

IMG_1594.thumb.jpeg.f1b7663a6a13e5eab2e5d1fa997a567d.jpeg

Just got my23 Corolla Touring Sport.

Wanted to share more frontal picture of the Auto High Beam assist headlight.

I haven't seen it in action yet. Will update you once I can share more.

AutoHighBeamAssistHeadlightCorollaMy23Compressed.jpg

On 5/22/2023 at 11:06 AM, Don Mac said:

My dealership (Edgware Road) finally told me that they had a new TS demonstrator last week, so I made the trip to have a look at it yesterday.

It was something of a letdown when I realised that their shiny, new, '23 plated GR Sport 1.8 TS was a MY22.... 🤦‍♂️😤 (the sales staff were apparently unaware of this)

They did have a MY23 GR Sport 1.8 HB in the showroom though.

Suprises me how many times dealers don’t know their own stock 

Hi,

I have a small question on the behavior of the ventilation system.

When i switch from OFF to AUTO, the A/C is switched on automatically at the same time

I would like to turn off this behaviour.

would you know how to do it?

On 6/6/2023 at 10:27 AM, durix said:

Hi,

I have a small question on the behavior of the ventilation system.

When i switch from OFF to AUTO, the A/C is switched on automatically at the same time

I would like to turn off this behaviour.

would you know how to do it?

On my Corolla it is possible not to have the AC come on in AUTO.  From memory it is under vehicle settings.  There is an option that says something like AC on in AUTO - set this to off.  

38 minutes ago, Trewithy said:

On my Corolla it is possible not to have the AC come on in AUTO.  From memory it is under vehicle settings.  There is an option that says something like AC on in AUTO - set this to off.  

in the instrument cluster? or in the multimedia screen?

i cant find anything like that 😞

Durix,

I access Vehicle Settings on the central multimedia screen.  You have a 2019 Yaris Mk3, I have a 2020 Corolla so it will be different, possibly the option is not available on your Yaris.  Best to look in the handbook for guidance.

On mine there is a button marked A/C on the HVAC controls, on the far left; I can turn that off but still have the HVAC in Auto.

Edit: Sorry, thought we were talking about a new corolla and not a mk3 yaris!! I'm sure the Yaris can too tho'; All cars with climate control should have a button to turn the AC on or off independently of the temperature controls and fan speed.

19 minutes ago, Trewithy said:

Durix,

I access Vehicle Settings on the central multimedia screen.  You have a 2019 Yaris Mk3, I have a 2020 Corolla so it will be different, possibly the option is not available on your Yaris.  Best to look in the handbook for guidance.

Sorry forgot to update my personal info but the question is for a 2023 corolla

• 2 weeks later...

Does the reversing camera still have ‘guiding lines’ so that you know where you’re heading? 

Yes, you get static lines indicating the width of the car and several distances (on the ground) from it.  As far as I know that's it.

It would be nice if they could add static curved lines, indicating the path on full lock steering, to these (I have them on my current Citroen and they are useful). I'd have thought that should be feasible with a software update.

The lines move when the wheel is turned to show where you’re heading on Citroen, VW and loads of others. When I bought my Corolla, I was gobsmacked that the lines were static, although the camera view was very good.

Also no rear window washer, I’ve had Citroens from the 80s that had that & they weren’t top spec.

23 minutes ago, Dylanfan said:

Also no rear window washer, I’ve had Citroens from the 80s that had that & they weren’t top spec.

really?? I find that hard to believe, I thought all Corollas had them.

5 hours ago, 50p said:

really?? I find that hard to believe, I thought all Corollas had them.

They do have rear window washer, push the right stalk away from you to operate, checked on mine, definitely there

• Thanks 1

Had 2.0 TS Excel 2 days so here is some info for those not got theirs yet. 
Drive is smoother in comparison with last years models, adaptive cruise control not in 1mph increments not 5, new proactive driver assist of by default which slows & steers like the cruise control only with that not on, some may not like this feature. 
Voice commands work with a wake word, most are not yet available, well done Toyota, this happened with profiles not working last year for 6 months, clearly still under development but advertised and in the manual. 
if u have a TS with powered boot, you give one straight kick and must stand back immediately for it to operate, the button on the remote and in the cabin to open needs a long press to operate, not apparent when you first use it. 
the auto high beams now work by pressing the button, leave it in low beam on the stalk otherwise it won’t work. 
on the Excel the RCTA and blind spot monitor works well,, also similar going forwards. 
there are protection plates on front and rear doors, ambient lighting also on doors, design trim and above I believe. 

• Like 4

I ordered a GR Sport 2.0 last September, it arrived at the dealer on Friday and apparently it could take a few weeks (?) to get the registration plate / documents sorted out.  Looking forward to picking it up, a bit disappointed that park assist is no longer fitted, but fingers crossed everything else is ok 

4 minutes ago, RM2021 said:

I ordered a GR Sport 2.0 last September, it arrived at the dealer on Friday and apparently it could take a few weeks (?) to get the registration plate / documents sorted out.  Looking forward to picking it up, a bit disappointed that park assist is no longer fitted, but fingers crossed everything else is ok 

Depends on your dealer, mine was registered 2 hrs hours after dealer got it, paperwork sorted in 2 days, it’s how keen the dealer is unless a third party involved, but a personal purchase can be quick. 

Anyone with a my23 Excel, how do you operate the adaptive high beams, got my car but nothing about this in the manual, the auto high beams is just one button press now but adaptive is a different feature only on excel models

Also voice commands, several say not available at the moment, like windows and washers, anyone has those working yet?

On 6/18/2023 at 5:31 PM, simond64 said:

They do have rear window washer, push the right stalk away from you to operate, checked on mine, definitely there

SORRY - three & a half years of ownership and never found it. I looked in the handbook and couldn’t find any mention, plus looked for a sprayer. Now looked again and found it’s there but hiding in the high brake light.

Do I feel a fool, you bet, wife’s on her back, legs and arm’s flying about with laughter. (Not a pretty sight).

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, simond64 said:

Anyone with a my23 Excel, how do you operate the adaptive high beams, got my car but nothing about this in the manual, the auto high beams is just one button press now but adaptive is a different feature only on excel models

Also voice commands, several say not available at the moment, like windows and washers, anyone has those working yet?

Didn’t had the chance to drive it yet in the dark , but I would assume that the adaptive feature would just take care of itself as long as the auto high beams are on 🤷‍♂️ 

On 6/18/2023 at 5:45 PM, simond64 said:

Had 2.0 TS Excel 2 days so here is some info for those not got theirs yet. 
Drive is smoother in comparison with last years models, adaptive cruise control not in 1mph increments not 5, new proactive driver assist of by default which slows & steers like the cruise control only with that not on, some may not like this feature. 
Voice commands work with a wake word, most are not yet available, well done Toyota, this happened with profiles not working last year for 6 months, clearly still under development but advertised and in the manual. 
if u have a TS with powered boot, you give one straight kick and must stand back immediately for it to operate, the button on the remote and in the cabin to open needs a long press to operate, not apparent when you first use it. 
the auto high beams now work by pressing the button, leave it in low beam on the stalk otherwise it won’t work. 
on the Excel the RCTA and blind spot monitor works well,, also similar going forwards. 
there are protection plates on front and rear doors, ambient lighting also on doors, design trim and above I believe. 

I found Adaptive cruise control will increase in 5mph increments by pressing and holding the + button.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links