Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Got a MY23 Any Questions ?

Devon Aygo

On 7/12/2023 at 9:39 PM, RabButler said:

I'm taking mine to the dealer on Friday. We'll see what they have to say.

Well. Two hours spent at the dealers and really no further forward. Chatted with the tech guru and he showed me on his system that there is no update for the latest satnav system. February 2022 is it. This means that earlier models are at least two map updates ahead. My Toyota account is no help, it appears to imply that there is an update from August 2022, but doesn't show how to access it. Unfortunately, my account doesn't clearly discriminate between my current Corolla and my previous ones.

One item of good news: my emergency spare wheel set arrived this afternoon and is already installed.

1 hour ago, RabButler said:

Well. Two hours spent at the dealers and really no further forward. Chatted with the tech guru and he showed me on his system that there is no update for the latest satnav system. February 2022 is it. This means that earlier models are at least two map updates ahead. My Toyota account is no help, it appears to imply that there is an update from August 2022, but doesn't show how to access it. Unfortunately, my account doesn't clearly discriminate between my current Corolla and my previous ones.

One item of good news: my emergency spare wheel set arrived this afternoon and is already installed.

I wouldn’t worry about it, I found last years models and this Toyota Sat nav worse than 2020 models, I’ve given up and use Apple Maps, that works with the HUD and so much better database if speed cameras, not sure who supplies the Toyota system but it takes me on country roads not main routes, not fit for purpose, it’s advertised to update every 2 weeks and seems more like 2 years

The plot thickens. According to my Toyota account, there is an update for Smart connect plus maps 2022 V2. It's more than 20 GB so took more than an hour to download and another to unzip. Presented USB pen to the car in accordance with instructions and the multimedia recognised it as a map update, but declined to load it as my system was "up to date". Because if its size I think the update is basically the whole of the Europe map, but there are no updates in the UK bit, so it doesn't update. I shall continue to use Google maps.

Next challenge is to persuade my Toyota dealer to order a set of mudflaps. Watch this space.

20 hours ago, RabButler said:

The plot thickens. According to my Toyota account, there is an update for Smart connect plus maps 2022 V2. It's more than 20 GB so took more than an hour to download and another to unzip. Presented USB pen to the car in accordance with instructions and the multimedia recognised it as a map update, but declined to load it as my system was "up to date". Because if its size I think the update is basically the whole of the Europe map, but there are no updates in the UK bit, so it doesn't update. I shall continue to use Google maps.

Next challenge is to persuade my Toyota dealer to order a set of mudflaps. Watch this space.

On the map update info on my car it says it's  2023 2024 V1 so it must be up to date. My car built on 18th June 2023.

My power tailgate after opened fully has a long sound which came on recently , not sure why … anybody knows how to get rid of it ?

14 hours ago, DC_Ms said:

My power tailgate after opened fully has a long sound which came on recently , not sure why … anybody knows how to get rid of it ?

Is it a 5 second beeeeeep type sound?

Hi, hows your DAB reception? The DAB on our new 2023 Icon Touring Spots Hybrid  is unusable showing ""no signal" most of the time. Our previous 2019 Corolla was fine and a cheap DAB converter from our other car plays consistently when the new Corolla is showing "no signal"

Do you have a rear Dashcam? Apparently the wiring for those can interfere if they're run too close to the DAB aerial wiring; Apparently putting a ferrite choke on the wiring can suppress the interference enough for the DAB to work.

1 hour ago, Cyker said:

Do you have a rear dashcam? Apparently the wiring for those can interfere if they're run too close to the DAB aerial wiring; Apparently putting a ferrite choke on the wiring can suppress the interference enough for the DAB to work.

the power to Dashcam

Yes,  I have put ferrite cores on the rear dash cam lead,and have even disconnected the power to Dashcam completely and no improvement. one odd thing is the DAB starts to work if I put my hand on the "sharkfin" aerial

• Like 1

That is quite weird... I forgot to ask if you'd gotten the dealer to look at it? It's still a brand new car so still under factory warranty.

16 hours ago, 2Nick said:

Hi, hows your DAB reception? The DAB on our new 2023 Icon Touring Spots Hybrid  is unusable showing ""no signal" most of the time. Our previous 2019 Corolla was fine and a cheap DAB converter from our other car plays consistently when the new Corolla is showing "no signal"

I have a 2023 Design and the DAB can drop out often depending on the radio station I’m listening to and where I am driving.

I don’t find the DAB performance any worse than my previous vehicle (Ford).

18 hours ago, 2Nick said:

Hit or miss. Sometimes OK, sometimes finds no stations at all. I have my suspicions that there is a continuity fault in the sharkfin. DCM is in and out, but dealer can't find anything wrong. I have received a recall for the DCM, unfortunately for the car I traded in for this one!

Hi how do you get on regarding keeping the 12 volt Battery charged if just using the car for mainly short journeys, say 5 miles or so.

57 minutes ago, Mr Billiards said:

Hi how do you get on regarding keeping the 12 volt battery charged if just using the car for mainly short journeys, say 5 miles or so.

Hi Paul, 

the mileage it’s not important for the 12v Battery. What is more important is the time the car stays ON in Ready mode. If 5 miles are done in 10 min this is not enough, but if these 5 miles are done in 30 min this is perfectly fine and you will no need to worry about the 12v Battery. This is how much time these cars  needs to be active to recharge a healthy Battery to the max. 

• Like 2

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

I usually do two journeys a week to see and elderly relative. A 40 mile round trip each time, so basically 30 mins there and 30 mins back. 

If I do this twice a week can I assume that's enough to keep the 12 volt Battery healthy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Billiards said:

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

I usually do two journeys a week to see and elderly relative. A 40 mile round trip each time, so basically 30 mins there and 30 mins back. 

If I do this twice a week can I assume that's enough to keep the 12 volt battery healthy.

Hi Paul,

yes you can. 30 min a week is minimum requirement for the 12v system to maintain healthy Battery charge. During winter months it will be better 60 min for example  or two or more by 30min each drives ( or ready mode). 
My latest Battery testing on my Auris hybrid with 35ah 12v Battery showed that the battery only needed around 40 min to get recharged from 12.3v to 12.9v. Then the car was left alone for up to 7 days without use and I did repeat the same ready mode process. I did the same during lockdowns and driving restrictions, previously my car was a very low mileage one with only 20-30 min of use per day 2-3 miles school runs. There is one note here that the newer models has connected services and these does drain a bit juice from the battery, but even so 30 min per day or once every few days will be enough. 

• Like 1

Hi Tony,

Thanks for that clarification, I feel more comfortable with the 12 volt charging now you have explained what to do.

So basically if I don't  use the car very much 'time wise' during a week,  the best thing is to set it in ready mode for 60 mins especially in winter. So I could do that while giving the car it's weekly wash and hoover out which takes me around an hour.

Just for clarification re ready mode - its handbrake on, in Park, foot on brake and press the start button to display 'ready' on the dash panel. Occasionally the engine will start during the ready mode. 

• Like 2

I have the Excel new multi-LED headlights with the Adaptive High-beam System … do I still need beam deflectors for driving in Europe ?

49 minutes ago, Mr Billiards said:

Hi Tony,

Thanks for that clarification, I feel more comfortable with the 12 volt charging now you have explained what to do.

So basically if I don't  use the car very much 'time wise' during a week,  the best thing is to set it in ready mode for 60 mins especially in winter. So I could do that while giving the car it's weekly wash and hoover out which takes me around an hour.

Just for clarification re ready mode - its handbrake on, in Park, foot on brake and press the start button to display 'ready' on the dash panel. Occasionally the engine will start during the ready mode. 

Yes, this is correct. You can turn off your heater and ac with dedicated off button on the control panel so the engine will not need to start so often, save some fuel and the environment 😊👌

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DC_Ms said:

I have the Excel new multi-LED headlights with the Adaptive High-beam System … do I still need beam deflectors for driving in Europe ?

These latest models with led doesn’t need any stickers on when driving in Europe. Check the beam pattern at night if it’s a straight line to confirm that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mr Billiards said:

Hi Tony,

This is correct for charging in 'Ready Mode' when stationary. Also switch everything off especially the air con as it's not good for the engine according to the 'car care nut' from his you tube video's. Like you I wash the car in 'Ready Mode'. It's a good habit to get into.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2023 at 7:42 PM, 2Nick said:

I have a 2023 ts 2.0 design with moon roof . No dash cam. Radio reception on both dab and FM is very poor. Cuts out all the time. Its ok in London where signals are v strong but hopeless in Essex/Suffolk where I live. On a trip to Devon last week it was the same, ok in Exeter and useless 5 miles out. If stationary, it cuts out if you open the door or touch the aerial. Took it back to supplying London dealer. They looked at the hidden menus, found no errors and said the signal strength was fine (whilst stationary). They checked the Toyota UK system which showed no reported problems elsewhere from other customers/dealers. As a result, they wouldn't do anything to attempt a fix. 

I'm going to go back again to the dealer bit nice to hear I am not alone and see if I can push back some more. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links