Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Got a MY23 Any Questions ?

Devon Aygo

6 minutes ago, Kovitch said:

Would you be able to do screen shot of this in your app an post here? I don't think I can see it. 😕 

Did you have to de-activate/re-activate the service to get these?

No re-activation needed - they just appeared.

@marlot

For some reason I can't see the pics on my end. Would you be able to send through a PM please?

Had a thought, have they (maybe already in the multimedia system update) fixed the bug where people's names don't come up for phone numbers when they're calling you?

I refuse to go through my phone book changing the prefix to every single number just so the car recognises it and applied a name to it.

On 3/8/2023 at 12:05 PM, marlot said:

No re-activation needed - they just appeared.

Still no lock/unlock and hazard lights features for me. 😢 Have logged a second support ticket through the app but got no answer or acknowledgement. 😐

On 2/26/2023 at 8:17 PM, newda898 said:

One for more of a long term test, but I'd be interested to know if the auto high beam assist works more reliably.

I am very happy with it on a MY22, much better than on the MY19 Skoda Octavia. The Skoda would not work below 40mph, and was slow when the high beam was first required. It was also fiddly to actuate. 

On the Corolla, it works at quite low speeds, and with the button left depressed, is essentially always active without intervention and is usually effective, less affected by street lights than the Skoda. Difficult to see how MY23 could be better - only the AI differentiating between the various types of lights it's confronted with.

Peter 

• Like 1

Quick q

the specs say that the 2 litre engine has better diesel economy than the 1.8

can anyone confirm or have any comments?

18 minutes ago, Woofwoof said:

Quick q

No Toyota hybrids use diesel. I’ve owned both engine sizes and the 2l gives around 5 mpg less than 1.8l. Not sure if that has changed in MY23 models. MY23 2.0 is reported however to have better cO2 emissions. 

3 hours ago, simond64 said:

No Toyota hybrids use diesel. I’ve owned both engine sizes and the 2l gives around 5 mpg less than 1.8l. Not sure if that has changed in MY23 models. MY23 2.0 is reported however to have better cO2 emissions. 

the official specs report it to have approximately 2mpg better, just trying to find out about real world

does the icon spec have parking sensors?

I don't like the bigger design wheels and can arrange rear tinted indows aftermarket, so am lookinginto a my23 touring sport

11 hours ago, simond64 said:

Not sure if that has changed in MY23 models. MY23 2.0 is reported however to have better cO2 emissions. 

Lower CO2 output implies lower fuel consumption. Basic physics.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Woofwoof said:

Quick q

None of us have driven both the 1.8 and the 2.0.  And certainly not in any controlled manner.  Don't know how you can expect an answer.

PS. Petrol not diesel.

9 hours ago, Woofwoof said:

does the icon spec have parking sensors?

I don't like the bigger design wheels and can arrange rear tinted indows aftermarket, so am lookinginto a my23 touring sport

Yes it has parking sensors front and rear. It doesn't have powered folding door mirrors, or the swish looking headlights.

• Thanks 1

Car was complaining it only had enough fuel for 41 miles, so visited a fuel station.

It only took 32 litres.  Tank is supposed to be 43 litres, so I think it's being very conservative.

2.0 Excel TS.

But isn't it cool when you've done 400-500 miles but can only get in such a tiny amount of fuel that most cars would have maybe done 200-300 miles on :biggrin: 

• Like 2

On 3/17/2023 at 7:28 PM, Cyker said:

But isn't it cool when you've done 400-500 miles but can only get in such a tiny amount of fuel that most cars would have maybe done 200-300 miles on :biggrin: 

YES - my Corolla is the most fuel efficient car I’ve ever owned. I’ve had cars that have done similar miles per tank but when the tank holds 80 litres and you’re only getting 28 mpg it just ain’t the same. My “toy” is a 3.0 V6 Xantia that averages about 22 mpg, you can see why it’s a “toy” and not an every day car. I’ve had loads of efficient diesels but the Corolla beats them all.

• Like 2

On 3/17/2023 at 10:00 AM, marlot said:

Car was complaining it only had enough fuel for 41 miles, so visited a fuel station.

It only took 32 litres.  Tank is supposed to be 43 litres, so I think it's being very conservative.

2.0 Excel TS.

Very normal

theres is about 5 litres (possibly more) in the reserve on both sides (of full and empty)

• Like 1

On 3/17/2023 at 10:00 AM, marlot said:

The low fuel light will come on approx when the reserve is reached. If you look in the full owners manual for 'Warning lights - low fuel level', it will indicate the approximate reserve.

On 2/26/2023 at 12:06 AM, Devon Aygo said:

After nearly a year without a Corolla I now have a MY23 2.0 Excel TS if you have any questions please ask away.

Are the scuff plates only on the front doors or also on the rear doors?

On 2/26/2023 at 12:06 AM, Devon Aygo said:

After nearly a year without a Corolla I now have a MY23 2.0 Excel TS if you have any questions please ask away.

Can you confirm what the upholstery is?

The newly published brochure says "Black Alcantara with gray leather stitching"

https://www.toyota.co.uk/content/dam/toyota/nmsc/united-kingdom/brochure-downloads/corolla-march.pdf (page 27)

The staff at https://mag.toyota.co.uk/2023-toyota-corolla/comment-page-11/#comments have said "The interior trim of the MY23 Corolla Excel is grey high leather."

(the pictures on the media site https://media.toyota.co.uk/images/corolla-touring-sports-excel-interior-2023-current/#lg=1&slide=3 look like perforated grey leather)

30 minutes ago, Don Mac said:

Can you confirm what the upholstery is?

The newly published brochure says "Black Alcantara with gray leather stitching"

https://www.toyota.co.uk/content/dam/toyota/nmsc/united-kingdom/brochure-downloads/corolla-march.pdf (page 27)

The staff at https://mag.toyota.co.uk/2023-toyota-corolla/comment-page-11/#comments have said "The interior trim of the MY23 Corolla Excel is grey high leather."

(the pictures on the media site https://media.toyota.co.uk/images/corolla-touring-sports-excel-interior-2023-current/#lg=1&slide=3 look like perforated grey leather)

I have a MY23 2.0 Excel TS and the upholster is like this (i.e., perforated grey leather) :

https://media.toyota.co.uk/images/corolla-touring-sports-excel-interior-2023-current/#lg=1&slide=11

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, simond64 said:

Are the scuff plates only on the front doors or also on the rear doors?

Front and rear on mine. 

• Like 1

On 2/26/2023 at 10:46 PM, Devon Aygo said:

What is the cabin noise like both around town and at speed? Quieter and smoother than a Previous 2.0 GR sport TS  

What are the headlights like they appear to be just LED as opposed to the previous version which was dual beam protectors? a Big improvement, All Corolla had/have LED headlamps but of differing application:

2019-2023

Icon, Icon Tech, Design & GR Sport all used the base headlamp (called triple beam) set up where like older Halogen type headlamps there is a bulb (in this case 3 of them) backed by a reflector to shape the beam

image.thumb.png.ca8f1568de3b6d58eeb2352f9922d82d.pngbase

Excel used a more advanced setup (called bi-beam) here there is one bulb backed by a reflector and another fronted by a parabolic lens

image.thumb.png.d14274dfe84589ed08deabcf276ac09a.pngmid

There was also a higher grade adaptive headlamp ( not offered in the UK ) with a moveable lens and fixed parabolic lens

image.thumb.png.b37b10b3d65653b84ab3adee36687d63.pnghigh

2023 on

Icon still uses the base triple beam setup

image.thumb.png.e41847e34af497b995e0e8e3965c232a.png

Design & GR Sport now use a new design of the bi-beam mid setup

image.thumb.png.c7c2a028e1007d77f6fcf1fc6074f4b9.png

Excel now uses a new design of the bi-beam high setup adaptive high headlight system.

image.thumb.png.da240508ad146e07bf8cacd0175fa092.png

I will try to add photos as the models pass through the dealer 

I found that the lower trim still have MANUAL leveling head lights. Are they built with autoleveling like the toptirim with adaptive high headlight system?  I am not sure if the regulation has changed.  Many years ago, I thought all LED headlights must have autoleveling system.  If they are more than 2000 lumens, they must have washer system too. 

In the UK only the Excel trim has auto levelling adaptive (multibeam/matrix) headlights.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2023 at 12:51 AM, Don Mac said:

In the UK only the Excel trim has auto levelling adaptive (multibeam/matrix) headlights.

My precise questions is, is it not mandatory anymore to have auto leveling for LED headlights?   I thought we must have one for any LED headlights. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links