Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Got a MY23 Any Questions ?

Devon Aygo

1 hour ago, AisinW said:

My precise questions is, is it not mandatory anymore to have auto leveling for LED headlights?   I thought we must have one for any LED headlights. 

I think that you may be confusing LED headlights with xenon HID headlights, which do generally require auto levelling because they are soooo bright (> 2000lm luminous flux). Lights which need auto levelling are also required to have washers fitted as far as I'm aware.

Since the LED headlights on the Corolla don't have washers (in the UK at least AFAIK) they, presumably, don't breach the 2000lm barrier.

1 hour ago, Don Mac said:

I think that you may be confusing LED headlights with xenon HID headlights, which do generally require auto levelling because they are soooo bright (> 2000lm luminous flux). Lights which need auto levelling are also required to have washers fitted as far as I'm aware.

Since the LED headlights on the Corolla don't have washers (in the UK at least AFAIK) they, presumably, don't breach the 2000lm barrier.

1 hour ago, Don Mac said:

I know about xenon which is about 3000 lumens but many LED headlights in Lexus/BMW are evey brigther  >4000 lumens and need washer too.  The Auris bi-LED has autoleveling too but no washer.  Corolla has no washer but only the top trim have auto leveling. I assume the regulation had changed for LED headlights too.  

1 hour ago, AisinW said:

I know about Xenon which is about 3000 lumens but many LED headlights in Lexus/BMW are evey brigther  >4000 lumens and need washer too.  The Auris bi-LED has autoleveling too but no washer.  Corolla has no washer but only the top trim have auto leveling. I assume the regulation had changed for LED headlights too.  

I don't think that the regulations have changed, and a car might have auto levelling without it being compulsory.

The EU regulations on lights can be found here - https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=uriserv:OJ.L_.2019.014.01.0042.01.ENG

Para 6.2.9 refers to the requirement for a headlamp cleaning device and automatic levelling when the dipped beam exceeds 2000lm.

Hence I suspect that the Corolla (dipped beam) headlights output 2000lm or less.

(I couldn't find any requirements for auto-levelling/cleaning relating to the main beam lights. There is an "aggregate maximum intensity" of 430000cd  for main beams, para 6.1.9.1.)

• Thanks 1

Ok, in principle, we do not need autoleveling for anything below 2000 lm. So, the requirements is always both (autoleveling + washer) whenever we have 2000 lumens or more. That's why we have no washer on all Auris and Corolla even with bi-LED.  The autoleveling on Adaptive high beam and bi-LED auris is basically a voluntary. 

12 hours ago, AisinW said:

Ok, in principle, we do not need autoleveling for anything below 2000 lm. So, the requirements is always both (autoleveling + washer) whenever we have 2000 lumens or more. That's why we have no washer on all Auris and Corolla even with bi-LED.  The autoleveling on Adaptive high beam and bi-LED auris is basically a voluntary. 

In the UK there are now 3 grades of headlight on Corolla see HERE all are LED, all have AHB ( Auto high beam ) none have head light washers and only the Excel has auto levelling which is a requirement for the AHS ( Adaptive high beam )

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I understand corolla AHS need autoleveling but Auris bi-LED also have autoleveling although it has no AHS feature. 

39 minutes ago, AisinW said:

I understand corolla AHS need autoleveling but Auris bi-LED also have autoleveling although it has no AHS feature. 

Presumably Toyota just fitted it as an added feature then, something to improve the specification of the car.

What are the optional extras that can be activated on MY23? Or I assume they are the same as before?  e.g auto lock, remote window opening, welcome lights?

Carista OBD still works?

• Like 1

Has anyone else noticed how poor the reversing camera resolution quality is?  It's like it is the same quality as the one for the smaller screen but due to the larger screen it's quite pixilated.

• Like 2

On 3/30/2023 at 12:39 AM, Auris2010 said:

What are the optional extras that can be activated on MY23? Or I assume they are the same as before?  e.g auto lock, remote window opening, welcome lights?

Carista OBD still works?

Carista it will work fine. They now even offer a new version of the adapter that might be even better. 👍

• Like 1

Just collected my my23 excel however i cannot find the parking assist button where it auto parks your car (or helps you) am I missing something 😅

PXL_20230401_144454638.jpg

19 minutes ago, WanderingMonkey said:

Just collected my my23 excel however i cannot find the parking assist button where it auto parks your car (or helps you) am I missing something 😅

This option not available anymore. 👍

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, WanderingMonkey said:

As Tony says, simple intelligent parking assist isn’t on any 23 models, however you still have the front and rear sensors and the Excel has rear cross traffic alert

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Glc said:

Has anyone else noticed how poor the reversing camera resolution quality is?  It's like it is the same quality as the one for the smaller screen but due to the larger screen it's quite pixilated.

Sounds like you need to clean the camera. Mine is fine in the dry, but gets blurry quickly in the wet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/1/2023 at 8:07 AM, Glc said:

Have the same problem with my 23 ts,

Dealer says it has slightly wider viewing angle and this has resulted in a poorer picture. Seems like a step backwards to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/28/2023 at 10:35 PM, Devon Aygo said:

In the UK there are now 3 grades of headlight on Corolla see HERE all are LED, all have AHB ( Auto high beam ) none have head light washers and only the Excel has auto levelling which is a requirement for the AHS ( Adaptive high beam )

Shame about the LED lumen output. Fine in the city but very poor elsewhere where it’s dark. 

On 2/26/2023 at 8:28 PM, Devon Aygo said:

According to Toyota all dealers have now received a GR Sport 1.8 HB Demonstrator and a Excel 2.0 TS for showroom with a further demo due by early March

As of this morning none of the dealers near me have one, Edgware Road say they're not expecting an MY23 for the showroom for another month!

Has anybody with a MY23 been supplied with a correct printed user guide?

Mine came with a 2022 guide and although I can download the 2023 owners manual and multimedia manual it is not so useful when in the vehicle.

On 4/1/2023 at 8:07 AM, Glc said:

Despite my comment above about cleaning the lens, I have the impression that in certain light conditions the screen image is not as good as it was in my 2021 TS. I have found that in bright sunlight the screen glares out completely. When the morning sun reflects off the white car parked in my street, I cannot see it on the camera screen as I reverse off my drive.

• Like 1

I’m waiting for my 2023 Corolla GR Sport to be built/delivered, I’ve just read a comment earlier that park assist is not available on the 2023 Corolla - the dealer never mentioned this …  

11 minutes ago, RM2021 said:

I’m waiting for my 2023 Corolla GR Sport to be built/delivered, I’ve just read a comment earlier that park assist is not available on the 2023 Corolla - the dealer never mentioned this …  

Simple intelligent park assist isn’t on any 2023 Corolla, but there are 4 sensors at front and rear to assist with parking, just not the automated parallel and reserve park, to be honest, I never used this feature. I doubt you will miss it. 

That seems like a real backward step? I used it quite a bit for reverse parking in multi-story car parks. The salesman knew its a feature I liked in my current model but didn’t mention it’s lack of inclusion in the new model. 

8 minutes ago, RM2021 said:

That seems like a real backward step? I used it quite a bit for reverse parking in multi-story car parks. The salesman knew its a feature I liked in my current model but didn’t mention it’s lack of inclusion in the new model. 

He probably didn't know.

40 minutes ago, RM2021 said:

I think you were in a minority.  I used it once in anger in the dark. 

Apart from being terrifed I thought it took too long compared with my 'expert skill'. 

Well, with my Yaris Cross, after 6 months, I have yet to park accurately in the box.  After years of the low bonnet on a Mercedes E Class and the low bonnet on the Corolla, the boxy Yaris Cross has me feet short of the line. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links