Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My actual 2023 Yaris Cross.

Tel 2

YC Excel has an interal button to open and close the boot.  It has remote boot opening if you put your foot underneath. 

It has an external button to open the  boot.  It has two buttons on the boot door, one will lower and shut the tail gate, the other will also lock the car. 

The key fob will close the boot. 

Phew 

Things have improved then, I like the press button on the tailgate lid that opens it,and the push down that closes it.

Is that 6 things to go wrong on the new cars on one simple function?

As you say,phew.

• Haha 1

Rhymes, there are so many options now that I suspect most people find a configuration that pleases them and rarely use anything else. 

20 hours ago, dannyboy413 said:

I picked up my new Yaris Cross on 26th April and since then, I have done 636 kms, (395 miles). The dealer said he had put in €40, (about 22 litres) and I put in a further 9 litres a few days ago. Because it is a European version, I can not get a mpg readout, so I have it set for kms/ltr. Whilst driving, I have seen it show 25 and I have just been out and checked and it is showing 23.7 kms/ltr, which eqates to about 67mpg. Whilst I have been treating the car gently, most of my driving is done on country roads, so my speed is not often above 50mph. The previous Corolla was usually in the 55 to 62 mpg, depending on conditions, so, with the Yaris Cross being so new, I have high hopes for the mpg figures.

We took my Aunt out for a shortish ride a few days ago and, after a few miles, I asked her to give me one word to compare the Yaris Cross with the Corolla - the word she used was "smoother". The YC is definitely quieter than the Corolla. How much is down to the tyres, (Falken 215/50R18), I'm not sure, but they certainly seem better than the low profile Falkens on the Corolla. 

The YC seems to be at least as good, if not better, than the Corolla in the build, ride and comfort. The new 9" infotainment set up does what it does quite well, but the one thing that is missing, is the ability to play MP4 video files! The tailgate seems to be very solid and is quite heavy. However, the only way to open it is via the external pushbutton - there is no lever inside the cabin and no button on the key fob. The Corolla had both for the boot lid.  I am not sure how the specifications for the Irish market compare to other markets, but there are three fwd versions here - 'Lunar', 'Lunar Sport' and 'Sol'. I have the 'Sol', which is the highest specced available. 

After such a short time of ownership, I will now use one word - 'impressed'. 

@TonyHSD , (and anyone else interested), I hope this is of some use.

Thank you David 👍 

I really appreciate your thoughts and comparison to Corolla hybrid.
This is good to hear that the smaller model car is as good and even better than the larger one. Thanks again. 

• Thanks 1

Tony I have said elsewhere that in many respects the Yaris Cross has more internal space in a smaller body than the Corolla. Where it is bigger is its height. 

• Like 1

On 5/9/2023 at 9:28 PM, Roy124 said:

Tony I have said elsewhere that in many respects the Yaris Cross has more internal space in a smaller body than the Corolla. Where it is bigger is its height. 

Cheers Roy, 

what would you say between Corolla hatchback or Yaris cross which one is more suitable for a driver with disabilities that may find difficult to bend his knees, bend its back while getting in and out?
Rear doors opening and rear seat leg room does not matter, the boot space for equipment eventually may play a role too. 
Thank you. 👍

Tony, you match me to a T.  Yaris Cross every time. 

The seat from the ground is much higher. If you want even easier access slide the seat back each time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Roy124 said:

Tony, you match me to a T.  Yaris Cross every time. 

The seat from the ground is much higher. If you want even easier access slide the seat back each time. 

Thanks Roy. This is how I felt when  I sat in both at the dealer but always good to know from people that has experienced both cars for longer. 👍

@TonyHSD

I agree with Roy. @Roy124. I am exagerrating a bit, but with the Corolla, (saloon), I felt I was 'lowering' myself onto the seat, whereas with the Yaris Cross, I feel that I am 'climbing up' to the drivers seat. My right hip can sometimes bother me a bit and it is definitely easier getting in and out of the Yaris Cross.

• Like 5

That's one of the things about the new Yaris too - The previous ones, esp. the Mk1 and Mk2, you just slid into very easily and comfortably, but the Mk4 has a noticeably lower seating position and it's more like I'm falling into the seat and climbing out :laugh: 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Cyker said:

That's one of the things about the new Yaris too - The previous ones, esp. the Mk1 and Mk2, you just slid into very easily and comfortably, but the Mk4 has a noticeably lower seating position and it's more like I'm falling into the seat and climbing out :laugh: 

Yes, and even though the tsport was lowered by around 25mm as standard I understand,in order to enhance the handling characteristics and compliment the rear spoiler that holds the rear end down.

It still is easy to get in and out of.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Roy124 said:

@dannyboy413

You were and you might be.  Depends how tall you are😄

Back in my yoof, I was 5' 11", but I think gravity is working on me! My wife has occassionally been heard to mutter "old age" - not sure what she is on about. 

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links