Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Any problems

wildtapholer

The wife runs around in a 2015 Yaris and I'm toying with the idea of getting a Auris 1.6 around 2014 or up wards as a second run around, is there anything or any model I should steer clear of.

• Like 1

If you're considering the 1.6 petrol, bear in mind this was replaced in the 2015 facelift by the 1.2T.

That's why I asked is there any of the models to steer clear of, I did notice there is a 1.2 T icon a 1.2 VVTi and a 1.33 VVTi didn't know if any of the engines suffered like the 1.3 yaris engine that drank as much oil as petrol, plus the 1.6 wouldn't have the turbo lag and a low milage late registered 1.6 will cost around £9k.

• Like 1

Well after 208 views and one reply it appears that the Auris in what ever engine size is bullet proof as no one has reported a problem, happy days

• Like 2

Did you buy the 1.2 t? Is it auto or manual? How do you find the car overall performance , efficiency and drivability? 
Thanks 

• Like 1

I haven't bought either I'm still doing the research but to be honest I'd sooner have the 1.6 without a turbo, less to go wrong.

• Like 3

Hi Ian,

I have a 2017 Auris 1.2T icon auto and have had it about 1800 months and I have to say it has never missed a beat or had any problems. I am not really sure why this model was not that popular and hardly anyone on the forum seems to have one.

I have not suffered from any oil issues.👍

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Bper said:

Hi Ian,

I have a 2017 Auris 1.2T icon auto and have had it about 1800 months and I have to say it has never missed a beat or had any problems. I am not really sure why this model was not that popular and hardly anyone on the forum seems to have one.

I have not suffered from any oil issues.👍

I have owned the Auris 18 months and not 1800 months, predictive text I really hate you.😅

• Like 1

I probably don't do more than 3k miles a year now, I have a Mokka 1.4 turbo at the moment and the wife won't drive it cause she says it's too big, hence the query about the Auris engines, she drives a Yaris 1.3 and at only £35 road tax will probably run it into the floor and never change it, she does a similar sort of mileage to me so the second car is used mainly as a Sunday driver and doesn't move much, but it's good to have a choice if the other gets a problem.

• Like 4

My 70+mpg low CO2 Yaris - Soon to be £180+ :crybaby: 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

The logic applied to uk road tax is baFFLING.

A 2016 BELINGO diesel useing add blue is still just £30 pounds road tax.

Its a 1.6 Blue HDI 100 EP6 engine.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Cyker said:

Because it’s not blue 😂

You save from the mpg anyway 👌

The hybrids used to be £0 road tax up until 2017.
Soon there won’t be any £0 tax cars anymore. At least you get a good mpg to save some £££. With these 70mpg if you compare fast charged  evs you are getting cheaper transport. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Derek.w said:

The logic applied to uk road tax is baFFLING.

Are you surprised? 

I would like to say top brains are grappling with methods to retain adequate road fund income, only they aren't top brains and road fund was abolished years ago. 

Back in the 1990s Ken Clarke did as I suggested and shifted tax from licence to fuel.  This was equable as it was a simple way of raising money by per mile usage.  It had the attraction of taxing all Continental road users who currently got a free ride. 

A consequence I did not anticipate was Continental trucks getting huge fuel tanks. 

I don't take credit for this as I was probably pushing an open door. 

Per mile road charging would be more equable than a per car tax. 

In Switzerland you must have a vignette to drive on certain roads.  The catch for UK would be 'certain roads'. 

If these were motorways then places with no motorways would get away 'Scot Free'.  In other places, where time is not of the essence, the A and B roads would see a big increase in traffic, potholes, and repairs. 

Years ago French autoroutes were virtually truck free.  Before my first trip to the south of France I did though research.  The Route Nationale was around 150 miles longer and would have involved the additional cost of overnight accommodation, food, and 2 days extra holiday travelling. 

Introducing a vignette to enter UK would invite the EU reciprocating. 

Tax the Swiss? 

My dad had the 1.6 (2008 model) it was a bit dopey with little torque. A hybrid may be a better proposition - and hold its value better, if you can stretch that far?

• Like 2

I've had two diesels in the past and each had to go as wasn't traveling far enough to keep the DPF filter clean as to the Hybrid I know a few who have had a lot of problems if the Hybrid side went flat, so the Jury is out still on that, as I'm not sure what I can get for the 2018 Mokka yet, just wanted to sell and use the money to get whatever with the proceeds for a car what the wife will drive. We have an agreement, I drive to the pub, she drives back.LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Hybrids are the best of all Toyotas and all other cars that use

• Like 1

On 4/18/2023 at 10:08 PM, Cyker said:

That's crazy. Try to do the right thing and then get hammered.

Those owners of all electric milk floats will be in for a nasty shock when the v.e.d. and fuel revenue stream dries up.

Zero v.e.d. for this and, just to please Greta, it chucks some fantastic  stuff out of the tailpipe!

left 1108.JPG

2 hours ago, olonas said:

That's crazy. Try to do the right thing and then get hammered.

Those owners of all electric milk floats will be in for a nasty shock when the v.e.d. and fuel revenue stream dries up.

Zero v.e.d. for this and, just to please Greta, it chucks some fantastic  stuff out of the tailpipe!

left 1108.JPG

I would not object to paying a reasonable amount of ved for any vehicle, wether ev/hybrid/ice.

My dad had a Morris Minor.  It was made of paper thin metal and eventually dissolved in a pile of rust.  He used to joke that the holes in the floor where you could see the road were special form of "floor-through ventilation".   🤣   

• Haha 2

My classic bike doesn't need an MOT or road tax, so I have to assume the classic car doesn't need MOTing either.

pic 5.jpg

2 hours ago, wildtapholer said:

My classic bike doesn't need an MOT or road tax, so I have to assume the classic car doesn't need MOTing either.

pic 5.jpg

Nice Gen2 400/4

Classic cars do need MOT but some garages have no idea how to skip a section or two thats NOT appealable to the vehicle!.

• Confused 1

Hi Derek, I thought cars over 40 years old were exempt from MOT ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links