Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Addons to fixed price servicing

Andrew56

2 hours ago, davidif said:

The Relax Warranty is a downgrade so far as I can see

Relax has already been extensively discussed in the following topic -

Please return to the subject of this topic - Addons to fixed price servicing.

19 hours ago, bathtub tom said:

They tried to con me into £sssssssss for a key fob battery. When I pointed out it wasn't included in the service schedule and didn't include the spare, they backtracked.

Neither has ever been replaced!

You shouldn't have to pay for that - The Full Service specifically states it includes replacing the Battery in the fob!!

2 hours ago, Jimota said:

Has anyone received extended breakdown cover after taking out a 3 year service plan with Emac. Had a look at my paperwork but can’t see any reference to an additional 2 years cover period but I think someone on the forum mentioned this a few months ago. 

I don't think that's something you get as standard; I suspect the person mentioning it got it thrown in as a bonus.

The reason I never took out a service plan is, at least when I got offered it, it was basically just a way of paying for the services in instalments instead of a lump sum, and locking you into that dealer for the term of the plan.

There was literally no other incentive for committing to using them for 3 years, no discounts, no other niceties, MOTs not included unless also negotiated in etc.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jimota said:

Has anyone received extended breakdown cover after taking out a 3 year service plan with Emac. Had a look at my paperwork but can’t see any reference to an additional 2 years cover period but I think someone on the forum mentioned this a few months ago. 

Yes.

I took out a ”Toyota National ServicePlan Plus (new vehicle pkg)” with my new Yaris.

It includes 2 intermediates, 1 Full, 2 years additional Roadside assistance plus 1 mot. It’s an EMaC pkg and is valid with any dealer.

I pay £27 per month for 3 years (£972).

• Like 2

Thanks Graham.  I pay £22 a month over 3 years which is now obvious that an extended roadside assistance and MOT wasn’t part of the deal.  Paying for servicing is new to me as the last 4 cars from the VAG group came with 2 years free servicing.  Anyway, still enjoying my Yaris Cross.

• Like 1

I wouldn’t charge the car just became the dealers are rip off trade. If happy with Toyota model just keep it and you can take to another place for service. These cars are easy to work on and any mechanic can do them. 
I had my Auris since was 5 years old, I never used any dealer for service , only been buying parts from them few times and the car been back for all recalls it needed to go. Anything else been taken care by myself. If for any reason I can’t do service myself I will find someone to do it for me and still gonna enjoy my Toyota. 👍

• Like 3

I’m reluctant to call the dealers rip off or “stealers” is another common derogatory term.   Most of them are good as gold and you can usually negotiate a service package.  The onus is on you to see what it consists of which as Cyker says, should be one full and two intermediate services.  Before you go off on one about the price, keep in mind that oil is horrendously expensive.  The full service should be as the book so find out if it includes a brake fluid change and a cabin filter.   Going third party, especially in the first 3 years might effect a warranty claim and certainly a warranty gesture beyond 3 years.  Toyota tend to be very reasonable with gestures but you have to be reasonable too.  Don’t do your own thing then expect them to pick up the pieces when something goes wrong.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, anchorman said:

I’m reluctant to call the dealers rip off or “stealers” is another common derogatory term.   Most of them are good as gold and you can usually negotiate a service package.  The onus is on you to see what it consists of which as Cyker says, should be one full and two intermediate services.  Before you go off on one about the price, keep in mind that oil is horrendously expensive.  The full service should be as the book so find out if it includes a brake fluid change and a cabin filter.   Going third party, especially in the first 3 years might effect a warranty claim and certainly a warranty gesture beyond 3 years.  Toyota tend to be very reasonable with gestures but you have to be reasonable too.  Don’t do your own thing then expect them to pick up the pieces when something goes wrong.  

I disagree. £250+ for effectively an oil and oil filter change is a 'Rip off'.

Oil may be expensive but it's not THAT expensive.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, davidif said:

I disagree. £250+ for effectively an oil and oil filter change is a 'Rip off'.

Oil may be expensive but it's not THAT expensive.

I doubt you’d get for less than £150 in a third party garage but they don’t enter the records into the Toyota system.  I know it isn’t cheap but it’s the same for getting a manufacturer service on many products.   You don’t get the latest revisions and software changes at a third party garage and if for example the engine died and Toyota can’t be satisfied the oil was correct, you might struggle.  I think we agree the op is being hoodwinked for extras that he doesn’t need but he can tell them no or go elsewhere.  If I remember correctly, the first service is £170 at my local Toyota dealer.  Phone round and get prices.  They’re not all cheats in my opinion.  

• Like 2

The last time I ever graced a Toyota dealer's premises was for a fixed price Yaris full service.

The fixed price should have included key fob Battery change, pollen filter change, brake fluid change and engine air filter check. They did non of those and I wondered what other items had been neglected. How did I know?- Battery was marked with the date I had last renewed it, pollen filter was marked and the fluid reservoir cap and air filter cover had been "doctored" in such a way it was obvious to me whether they had been removed.

Oh, their condition report highlighted an engine rear main seal leak - quote £746 to renew. It was pointed out that the car still had two weeks left of the 5 years warranty, why £746? Miraculously after further examination by their "Mastertech" (head parts changer) the alleged leak fixed itself. How many owners would take their word for it and not go crawling under their car to check? Many I suspect.

There making enough going of these prices  blueprint parts with fuchs oil correct spec for a Corolla , 

3DF2E81D-5633-4C78-AC1E-99F5764E7624.jpeg

E3F42AFD-616B-4B6A-876B-5E588DC4F73C.jpeg

• Like 3

Eddie that's the same for any trade your in, when I was on the spanners and did foreigners in the evenings and weekends I would give the customer the option to get the parts himself or I would get them at trade and charge him retail.

• Like 4

Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread.  

The cost of dealer servicing was something I had factored into the cost of buying a new car, but I found it unsatisfactory to find there was unwanted upselling which only came to light after further questioning.  Irrespective of the financial cost, this seriously dented my confidence in the dealer.  I am pleased to say I have found another dealer, not too far away, who have quoted me the standard price and confirmed they use the correct oil.

• Like 5

My car is coming to 7 years, it has 2x Toyota services when acquired at 2 yrs 2 mths. From then only took it to Indy for oil and filter change. Pollen and air filter done myself. Hasn't had a brakes fluid change or ac service, there are no issues whatsoever with both items. 

New car coming end of year so will be doing dealer service for 3 years to maintain warranty, thereafter Indy route. Think the net spent for the last 4 services are approx £300, would have cost £1000 at Toyota. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, olonas said:

The last time I ever graced a Toyota dealer's premises was for a fixed price Yaris full service.

The fixed price should have included key fob battery change, pollen filter change, brake fluid change and engine air filter check. They did non of those and I wondered what other items had been neglected. How did I know?- battery was marked with the date I had last renewed it, pollen filter was marked and the fluid reservoir cap and air filter cover had been "doctored" in such a way it was obvious to me whether they had been removed.

Oh, their condition report highlighted an engine rear main seal leak - quote £746 to renew. It was pointed out that the car still had two weeks left of the 5 years warranty, why £746? Miraculously after further examination by their "Mastertech" (head parts changer) the alleged leak fixed itself. How many owners would take their word for it and not go crawling under their car to check? Many I suspect.

I don't let them get away with this, would of email or speak to Toyota GB. Jemca recently did not respond to my request to cancel an order after a few emails and answerphone messages left. They finally answered after an email I sent them CC Toyota GB CS in. 

Though would of taken it to an indy mechanic to check if out of warranty. 

• Like 1

On 4/18/2023 at 9:45 AM, anchorman said:

Make it stop Tony.  Changing brake fluid has absolutely nothing to do with heat, absolutely nothing at all 🙄.  

Well it does in a way because the moisture in the fluid boils at a much lower temperature than brake fluid itself and say, coming down a long steep mountain pass (especially towing) can lead to an almost non-existent pedal if this happens. 

8 minutes ago, Tintaglia said:

coming down a long steep mountain pass

.... which we don't have many of in the UK.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Tintaglia said:

coming down a long steep mountain pass (especially towing) can lead to an almost non-existent pedal if this happens. 

Nobody should be coming down a long, steep mountain pass and relying on the brakes so much that the miniscule drop of water in the fluid boils.

It does sometimes feel like all the roads are up-hill when I'm driving...

"Ack lad in ma' day we 'ad t' go t' school in t' pourin' rain and 'twer up 'ill both ways and snowin' and also full o' feral badgers. And also dragons" etc. :laugh: 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Cyker said:

It does sometimes feel like all the roads are up-hill when I'm driving...

"Ack lad in ma' day we 'ad t' go t' school in t' pourin' rain and 'twer up 'ill both ways and snowin' and also full o' feral badgers. And also dragons" etc. :laugh: 

Ah, Cyker,so you are familiar with Lincolnshire then.

Well apart from the getting beaten up on the way to school,in school, and on the way home from school , while simultaneously having your bike nicked, making you late home.

Bye gum , you needed a Newcastle brown when you eventually got home in those days.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/18/2023 at 7:08 PM, Graham47 said:

It’s an EMaC pkg and is valid with any dealer.

I bought my service plan online direct last year and the administrator is eDynamix. It would seem that Toyota now only sell through dealers and the administrator has changed.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Stivino said:

Nobody should be coming down a long, steep mountain pass and relying on the brakes so much that the miniscule drop of water in the fluid boils.

Going through the dolomites in a  cheap hired fiat in around 1987, common sense told me to use the gears to control downhill speed.

Even either side of the Brenner pass was ok , going through cloud cover, and no barriers on shear drop offs, just common sense and keeping alert.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

.... which we don't have many of in the UK.

I only really drive for leisure and so actively seek out those mountain passes. The photo in my profile is at 520m. The engine starts to make quite a weird sound once you descend and the HV Battery is at maximum charge.

• Like 2

Hellfire Pass in Snowdonia, coming down 30 years or so ago, needed a clean pair when the brakes faded that much, it wouldn't stop till we reached level ground 3 to 4 miles later. Doesn't bare thinking what would of happened if we had met something coming up the hill.

• Like 1

We like 'Rest and be Thankful' on the A83, the approaches to Rannoch Moor on the A82 and the A87 through the Cuillins when we holiday on Skye for a two week break most years. Probably be returning this September after a week just outside of Holmfirth.

• Like 2

I'll be "crossing" both Skye and Holmfirth this summer!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links