Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2024 MY Yaris update

dave hendy

23 minutes ago, CPN said:

Nothing at all. You'll notice that it is only specific Toyota & Lexus models and you won't find mention of any Yaris anywhere...

No. This is a Toyota GB *****-up pure and simple.

They’re going to have to pull their socks up because these 130s are going to be clogging dealers and Burnaston up pretty soon.   What on earth are they doing?  At least make a statement.  You can insure a GR Yaris track edition, why not a 130?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, anchorman said:

They’re going to have to pull their socks up because these 130s are going to be clogging dealers and Burnaston up pretty soon.   What on earth are they doing?  At least make a statement.  You can insure a GR Yaris track edition, why not a 130?

A very valid point!

• Like 3

Interesting call from my dealer.

Now that one or 2 insurers are quoting on the car then it is no longer deemed uninsurable and I have to come and collect the car as they can only hold it so long.

Told them I wasn't going to be paying for overly expensive insurance because so few insurers recognise it

They're not phased that the prices are so high as it's a limited edition car and I should expect to pay more. 😃

So essentially it's just me being awkward now and I have to decide what I'm doing later today.

Thinking that I'm just going to tell them to shove it

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Dick_Dastardly said:

Now that one or 2 insurers are quoting on the car then it is no longer deemed uninsurable and I have to come and collect the car as they can only hold it so long.

Told them I wasn't going to be paying for overly expensive insurance because so few insurers recognise it

They're not phased that the prices are overly expensive as it's a limited edition car and I should expect to pay more. 😃

So essentially it's just me being awkward now and I have to decide what I'm doing later today.

That is BS!! My dealer is being quite patient and they've just put the final agreement on hold for now. Even Toyota Finance are happy for me just to keep paying my normal payment (even though my balloon payment is due next month on the 15th) until such times as insurance can be sorted. I even know my registration number that the car will get. I would suggest that your dealer is being unreasonable!

• Like 4

Is it worth asking the question of an insurance company about future refunds? Once they get all the information and risk assessment sorted out,  they will review their premium decision and surely that decision should be backdated as it is was materially the same at the start. I.e. they would realise you have been overcharged. So a refund would be reasonable at that time. 

It may be a way to enjoy your cars now, if they can assure you the price will be reviewed at some point in the future? Worth asking? [This assumes fairness on behalf of insurers though... 🤔]

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ChrisP74 said:

Is it worth asking the question of an insurance company about future refunds? Once they get all the information and risk assessment sorted out,  they will review their premium decision and surely that decision should be backdated as it is was materially the same at the start. I.e. they would realise you have been overcharged. So a refund would be reasonable at that time. 

It may be a way to enjoy your cars now, if they can assure you the price will be reviewed at some point in the future? Worth asking? [This assumes fairness on behalf of insurers though... 🤔]

That would be nice if possible, but given the cutthroat marketplace and the prevalence of comparison sites, I doubt it would be viable...

After all, who's to say that a future run on a comparison site wouldn't undercut even an existing insurer's reduced (once they re-assessed) premium down the road?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dick_Dastardly said:

They're not phased that the prices are so high as it's a limited edition car and I should expect to pay more. 😃

I've put a complaint in to Toyota UK about my dealers attitude and bullying. Waiting for their phone call or email to let me know what the score is.

This is my first experience of Toyota and I'm not impressed with any of it

I won't hold my breath for anything revolutionary from Toyota but we'll see 

• Like 3

I think that's the right call - cr@toyota aren't always super helpful with general queries, but they're good at getting a dealer to pull their socks up!

10 hours ago, anchorman said:

Evidently they consider massive horsepower increase of the 130 to be much more dangerous than a race-focused all-wheel drive rally homologation special! :laugh: 

• Like 2

On 3/19/2024 at 1:19 PM, CPN said:

That is BS!! My dealer is being quite patient and they've just put the final agreement on hold for now. Even Toyota Finance are happy for me just to keep paying my normal payment (even though my balloon payment is due next month on the 15th) until such times as insurance can be sorted. I even know my registration number that the car will get. I would suggest that your dealer is being unreasonable!

Would you be prepared to share which dealer you are using?

Toyota UK never bothered to contact me so I am going to contact the Centre Principal today to complain about my sales persons attitude. It would be useful if I could quote your dealer as a good example of how the same situation is being handled.

No worries if you're not happy to reveal

Thanks 

7 minutes ago, Dick_Dastardly said:

Sure. Teesside Toyota (Stoneacre)

• Thanks 1

The Insurance quotes have started to expand this morning!! (at last...)😁

£601 so far from 5 other companies... :yahoo:

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, Dick_Dastardly said:

Toyota UK never bothered to contact me so I am going to contact the Centre Principal today to complain about my salespersons attitude. It would be useful if I could quote your dealer as a good example of how the same situation is being handled.

No worries if you're not happy to reveal

Thanks 

If no joy after that, it sometimes helps to raise awareness on a wider public platform to jolt/shame into action e.g. X (formerly Twitter). I note they have regular speedy replies to issues raised... start off general, then they reply a link to direct / private message them with the personal details. I have just used this method on a problem with o2 and it was sorted within days (after palm-off on phone). Tag @ToyotaUK in post... Hope you get this sorted and champion for others!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChrisP74 said:

If no joy after that, it sometimes helps to raise awareness on a wider public platform to jolt/shame into action e.g. X (formerly Twitter). I note they have regular speedy replies to issues raised... start off general, then they reply a link to direct / private message them with the personal details. I have just used this method on a problem with o2 and it was sorted within days (after palm-off on phone). Tag @ToyotaUK in post... Hope you get this sorted and champion for others!

It's a good shout but I've already tried that.

On one of of Toyota's Facebook ads for the Premiere I posted that insurance was impossible to obtain and they asked me to message them directly.

They told me that as far as they knew the insurance details had been submitted on 27/02 but they were going to investigate further.

When my dealer started giving me ultimatums I messaged them again expressing my dissatisfaction with both the dealer and the brand as a whole.

They took details of the dealer and asked for my email and phone number, which they acknowledged. That was 2 days ago and they haven't contacted me so I'm making it official via the dealer now. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CPN said:

The Insurance quotes have started to expand this morning!! (at last...)😁

£601 so far from 5 other companies... :yahoo:

Which comparison site are you using?

I'm still getting the £1500+ quotes from Go compare, Money Supermarket, Compare the Market and Confused 

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Dick_Dastardly said:

Which comparison site are you using?

I'm still getting the £1500+ quotes from Go compare, Money Supermarket, Compare the Market and Confused 

All of those that you mentioned. You'll need to make at least one change to either your start date or excess amount in your existing details to get them to fully refresh... (then you can just flick it back to what you had...)

image.thumb.png.ac2177de88300c189836b5dd8ae2083f.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, CPN said:

All of those that you mentioned. You'll need to make at least one change to either your start date or excess amount in your existing details to get them to fully refresh... (then you can just flick it back to what you had...)

image.thumb.png.ac2177de88300c189836b5dd8ae2083f.png

Yes, dramatically lower today. Tried last night and no change. Go compare just came up with 346. They're offering free excess cover - select 250 excess lowers quote and if you need to pay once claim is settled then they refund. 

Probably not possible to combine with cashback deals but worth look at 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, trashman1965 said:

Yes, dramatically lower today. Tried last night and no change. Go compare just came up with 346. They're offering free excess cover - select 250 excess lowers quote and if you need to pay once claim is settled then they refund. 

Probably not possible to combine with cashback deals but worth look at 

Yes, I saw that.

For me it is currently neck & neck between uswitch and moneysupermarket just now...

• Like 2

I've tried all the sites, started brand new quotes, different email addresses, cleared cookies and used different devices.

Still only getting the ridiculous quotes 🤔

• Sad 2

48 minutes ago, Dick_Dastardly said:

I've tried all the sites, started brand new quotes, different email addresses, cleared cookies and used different devices.

Still only getting the ridiculous quotes 🤔

I have no idea what's going wrong for you then in that case. Did you try changing the start date of cover?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, CPN said:

I have no idea what's going wrong for you then in that case. Did you try changing the start date of cover?

I've changed everything and input random details to ensure it is a new quote.

What I did notice is that when I de-selected the medical box from "DVLA 3 year restricted licence" to "none" then I started getting prices from the mainstream companies.

Something is clearly wrong still as I've never had that issue before in 35 years. I tried getting a quote for a different random car and the medical box didn't make any difference to the amount of quotes or the prices.

Hoping for a miracle diabetes cure within the next 5 minutes 🤔

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Dick_Dastardly said:

DVLA 3 year restricted licence

I have never heard of one of those?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CPN said:

I have never heard of one of those?

I have to complete a medical questionnaire every 3 years so that they can monitor my condition hasn't worsened. Then they issue another licence with a 3 year validity.

Standard procedure for type 1 diabetes.

But 160+ insurers all deciding at the same time that they don't want to insure me on this particular model isn't right

I just got quotes for a Lamborghini Aventador to prove the point. That was over £7k though so I'll stick with the Yaris for a while longer 🙂

• Haha 4

Finally got insurance but had to do it through Adrian Flux.

Couldn't get anything reasonable online despite the bulk of insurers quoting today.

More than I wanted to pay but got sick of filling in insurance details and seeing no results so just needed to end the stress.

Dealer sent me an ultimatum to get it sorted today 🤔 I'm hoping that there'll be a customer satisfaction survey to complete as that will be so much fun to complete and they won't like the comments 🙂

Picking it up on Monday 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Dick_Dastardly said:

Finally got insurance but had to do it through Adrian Flux.

Couldn't get anything reasonable online despite the bulk of insurers quoting today.

More than I wanted to pay but got sick of filling in insurance details and seeing no results so just needed to end the stress.

Dealer sent me an ultimatum to get it sorted today 🤔 I'm hoping that there'll be a customer satisfaction survey to complete as that will be so much fun to complete and they won't like the comments 🙂

Picking it up on Monday 

The dealer sent YOU an ultimatum?   I’d have told them to shove it.  Do you mind saying what AF charged?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, anchorman said:

The dealer sent YOU an ultimatum?   I’d have told them to shove it.  Do you mind saying what AF charged?

Would like to hear both sides of this story, the dealer does seem to be impatient?

Strange one about AF, they are middle men, and as such tout you around to 30 different insurance underwriters, so you would think one of the compare sites would have been able to help, any medical issues must be a big red flag though?

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links