Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2024 MY Yaris update

dave hendy

13 minutes ago, anchorman said:

This is the girl that said the steering wheel in the LBX was too masculine for her liking.   I can’t take her seriously after making comments like that.  However, she’s not wasted any time getting the review out, I’ll give her that. 

Just now, Countryside said:
14 minutes ago, anchorman said:

This is the girl that said the steering wheel in the LBX was too masculine for her liking.   I can’t take her seriously after making comments like that.  However, she’s not wasted any time getting the review out, I’ll give her that. 

Yes I watched this review on you tube last night it’s Tish she also does the John banks car reviews on YouTube I love the new big sat nav screen and the different dash designs you can select ! I’m just desperate to know if the new revised 2024 excel Yaris hatch with the same engine as before has a new Battery !?

I’ve got Yaris 2024 in my history on YouTube so new reviews come up automatically 

1 hour ago, anchorman said:

...also she said "£75 short of £30,000" when actually it's £29,000 😉 Quite an important £1,000 that!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Countryside said:

Yes I watched this review on you tube last night it’s Tish she also does the John banks car reviews on YouTube I love the new big sat nav screen and the different dash designs you can select ! I’m just desperate to know if the new revised 2024 excel Yaris hatch with the same engine as before has a new battery !?

You’ll know next Tuesday, I promise but she might not like the sight of me yanking her new back seat out.  A couple of things though, there might be a revised Mutlu that looks the same and if it’s exactly the same then putting a top notch Yuasa in is no big deal 😉

12 minutes ago, anchorman said:

You’ll know next Tuesday, I promise but she might not like the sight of me yanking her new back seat out.  A couple of things though, there might be a revised Mutlu that looks the same and if it’s exactly the same then putting a top notch Yuasa in is no big deal 😉

If you can get the darned thing insured by then!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CPN said:

...also she said "£75 short of £30,000" when actually it's £29,000 😉 Quite an important £1,000 that!

Yes, she said she was “shocked” by the price.  The use of this word describe everyday frustrations never ceases to amaze me.   I wonder if she had paramedics or got over it herself.  If I was shocked by looking at car prices, I wouldn’t review them.  She seems to understand the Toyota hybrids are best but the price to produce one makes her ill.  I wonder if her steering wheel was masculine or she had the optional wheel that identifies as female 🤔🤪

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CPN said:

If you can get the darned thing insured by then!!

It’s not a 130.  Does it apply to any 2024 model?

6 minutes ago, anchorman said:

It’s not a 130.  Does it apply to any 2024 model?

I am afraid it does seem to... (BIMBW)

5 minutes ago, CPN said:

I am afraid it does seem to... (BIMBW)

I stand corrected! Just did a quote on a 2024 Yaris Excel - £672 for me so it looks like it is just the models with the new 130 drive train!

26 minutes ago, CPN said:

I stand corrected! Just did a quote on a 2024 Yaris Excel - £672 for me so it looks like it is just the models with the new 130 drive train!

Oh good.  I haven’t got a BMW anyway 😉

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, CPN said:

My Lexus is due any time.  I’m not getting good vibrations if a Yaris is £672 for you 😥

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, anchorman said:

My Lexus is due any time.  I’m not getting good vibrations if a Yaris is £672 for you 😥

...but bear in mind that that is me insisting on £0 voluntary excess...

Just now, CPN said:

...but bear in mind that that is me insisting on £0 voluntary excess...

Oh ok.  Yes I think mine is low but the transfer price about half way through this policy was next to nothing.  I’ll have to stick to my own principle of don’t worry about something that might not happen!

• Like 2

Toyota insurance gave me a price of around £700 today for the Premiere but they had to do it manually by me quoting all the features from the Toyota website.

Then they went off to contact their underwriters and treated it as a new/unknown vehicle

Forgot to ask what the excess was.

I'm not going ahead until I have something else to compare it to but I'm getting quotes at around £600 for the GR sport so was expecting something around that level 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Dick_Dastardly said:

Toyota insurance gave me a price of around £700 today for the Premiere but they had to do it manually by me quoting all the features from the Toyota website.

Then they went off to contact their underwriters and treated it as a new/unknown vehicle

Forgot to ask what the excess was.

I'm not going ahead until I have something else to compare it to but I'm getting quotes at around £600 for the GR sport so was expecting something around that level 

Graham, do you mind if I ask how old you are?

Also, as far as insurance is concerned, there are now 2 different GR Yarises (Hybrid type) and that is the older 115bhp one and now the new 130bhp one. When you say "GR Sport", do you mean the hybrid one?

The problem with there being two types, is that any insurance company may just assume it is the older 115 model...

P.S. I've just checked on the TIS site and they are only listing the 114bhp version of the GR Sport

Edited by CPN
Type of GR Sport

57 minutes ago, CPN said:

Graham, do you mind if I ask how old you are?

Also, as far as insurance is concerned, there are now 2 different GR Yarises (Hybrid type) and that is the older 115bhp one and now the new 130bhp one. When you say "GR Sport", do you mean the hybrid one?

The problem with there being two types, is that any insurance company may just assume it is the older 115 model...

P.S. I've just checked on the TIS site and they are only listing the 114bhp version of the GR Sport

I'm just getting quotes for a 2024 Hybrid GR Sport. I assumed this would select the newest model with 130hp but who knows now.

Incidentally just did the same quote for one and lowest price is now £487

I'm 54, low risk occupation (Computer Programmer) and low miles, but higher risk area on the edge of London (innit)

You're not a circus lion tamer or something risky like that are you? 😉

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Dick_Dastardly said:

I'm just getting quotes for a 2024 Hybrid GR Sport. I assumed this would select the newest model with 130hp but who knows now.

I'm pretty sure not since they only have the 114bhp on the lists...

Incidentally just did the same quote for one and lowest price is now £487

That's just weird!

I'm 54, low risk occupation (Computer Programmer) and low miles, but higher risk area on the edge of London (innit)

I'm 74 and probably lower miles than you... (4000/yr?)

You're not a circus lion tamer or something risky like that are you? 😉

Lol! Nothing that exotic! Retired. That's the other problem they have on their form. They have three questions on the form regarding employment status. The first two can be picked easily (Retired) but the only option for the third (Employment status) is "Not currently in employment" (which implies something different) and there should be a "Not applicable" for picking which would be more appropriate.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, CPN said:

I'm pretty sure not since they only have the 114bhp on the lists...

That's just weird!

I'm 74 and probably lower miles than you... (4000/yr?)

Lol! Nothing that exotic! Retired. That's the other problem they have on their form. They have three questions on the form regarding employment status. The first two can be picked easily but the only option for the third (Employment status) is "Not currently in employment" (which implies something different) and there should be a "Not applicable" for picking which would be more appropriate.

I put myself down as 8000 miles a year

• Like 2

Lighthouse keeper is the cheapest I think.  I’ll strap a flashing led to my chimney…. 

• Haha 4

Another day in the life of a Premiere edition owner 🫤

If I ever get asked what I would take with me should I be stranded on a desert island then my answer will be - an insurance policy 🙂

Screenshot_20240314-065528.png

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

Insurance aside, sat next to a premiere in a showroom in neptune blue. Really looks nice in the flesh. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, trashman1965 said:

Insurance aside, sat next to a premiere in a showroom in neptune blue. Really looks nice in the flesh. 

I can’t get on with the blue but I see they do it in silver to  just built in on website

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Countryside said:

I can’t get on with the blue but I see they do it in silver to  just built in on website

On the Yaris, in the flesh it works. They had a Rav 4 outside, same blue, it's just too in your face. 

Other half went for premiere in silver metallic bitone and that is still due end of month. 

• Like 1

The silver is totally ignored on YouTube reviews it’s all that blooming blue !

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links