Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2024 MY Yaris update

dave hendy

Demonstrators should be landing in dealers now, according to Toyota UK on Facebook 

• Like 1

It's here at the dealer's!! 😁😁😁

image.thumb.png.d44877a14f52749f6a43a1cfaab2b0f9.png

• Like 6

These photos of inside new revised 2024 Yaris GR sport love the new dash and big sat nav auto express have just road tested it that’s where these photos are from but they prefer the excel for ride quality ! I like the digital miles remaining till refuel on photo three 

IMG_1105.jpeg

IMG_1106.jpeg

IMG_1107.jpeg

IMG_1108.jpeg

• Like 4

I do prefer the binocular-style of my current dash, but as DevonAygo showed you can customize the displays which is a very cool feature, as I currently have to cycle between a few of the displays on my Mk4's MFD to show mpg stats, Battery SoC, tyre pressures etc. since it can only show one at a time.

I think the new infotainment would annoy the smeg out of me though, as I find it really hard to select specific tracks/albums/folders on the move, and find the only safe way is to use the left jog/push-dial, which is omitted on the new one. Maybe if the voice recognition has improved, as in my Mk4 I've tried to use it to play a certain track and it's never worked - It gets close, and sometimes after repeated attempts sometimes actually finds the track and asks me if it's the right one, but no matter what I say (YES! PLAY! ONE! OKAY! CORRECT! ENTER! JUST PLAY THE DAMNED FILE YOU INFERNAL MACHINE!!! etc.) it always just cancels and always fails to get past that point. Gah!

• Haha 1

I’m going with friend next week to collect hers and I will report on the 12v Battery.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, anchorman said:

I’m going with friend next week to collect hers and I will report on the 12v battery.

Many thanks indeed Don that’s very important news for me as I really love the new revised excel in silver have built it online etc 

• Like 1

I see from the spec, it can do up to 80MPH in EV mode. The spec states the traction battery's under the rear seat and is - 4.3 A/H capacity! How many inches would that move it a 80MPH?

• Confused 2

Interesting, upto 80 mph on EV sounds good. Good to find out details of the 12v Battery very soon. 

• Like 1

The OG Mk4 can already do "up-to 80mph EV" - It's a very deceptive statement though, as while it's technically true the car can run up to 80mph on EV, it can't actually accelerate or even hold the car anywhere close to 80mph.

If you accelerated to 80mph and then did the lifty trick, the engine would shut off and run with just MG2 pushing the car, which is where this up-to 80mph claim comes from; If you did the same thing above 80mph (83-84ish+?) and lifted off, the engine would still be forced to spin like it does in the Mk3.

It's pretty meaningless though, as you'd be at 80mph for maybe half a second at best - MG2 doesn't have anywhere near enough torque or power to keep the car going at that sort of speed unless you had a tornado-level tail wind or the aforementioned steep hill assisting it :laugh: 

I guess it's nice in the sense if you pulled a mega overtake then lifted off, the car will coast back down from 80 to 60 or whatever without the engine running, but normal cars also don't use any fuel when coasting down so it's not a major benefit.

I'd be interested to know what the 130's actual EV speed tops out at - In the normal Mk4 on a flat road, you can't really hold speeds above 60mph for any appreciable length time on EV alone, and I typically cruise control at 59mph indicated

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Once Colin has driven it for a bit on the highway, he can report back on EV speed limit. Even 70mph on EV is good, rarely I go above 75mph. 

• Like 2

Keep in mind that the capacity of the Battery didn't change so it would use it up sooner. In the end I don't think it would change the mpg. 

• Like 1

Picking it up next Wednesday 😁

BlueDemon.thumb.jpg.b5c50f70813e9524ef7ff800da27fba6.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, CPN said:

Picking it up next Wednesday 😁

BlueDemon.thumb.jpg.b5c50f70813e9524ef7ff800da27fba6.jpg

Enjoy! Looking forward to hear your first impressions. 

The blue looks awesome...is it lighter in the flesh? Similar cars seem more pastel than the photos. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, trashman1965 said:

Enjoy! Looking forward to hear your first impressions. 

The blue looks awesome...is it lighter in the flesh? Similar cars seem more pastel than the photos. 

No. That is a true representation of it in that photo. It really pops more than it appears to do in the sales literature...

• Like 3

Just putting this out there, are there others on here who have taken delivery of a Yaris Premiere Edition (not Cross) and have managed to secure Fully Comp Insurance on it? If so, a ballpark figure would be useful. DM me if you want to keep it private. TIA.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CPN said:

Just putting this out there, are there others on here who have taken delivery of a Yaris Premiere Edition (not Cross) and have managed to secure Fully Comp Insurance on it? If so, a ballpark figure would be useful. DM me if you want to keep it private. TIA.

Are insurance companies quoting any prices to you?

When I tried last week I couldn't get a single insurer to quote as non of them recognised the model

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Dick_Dastardly said:

Are insurance companies quoting any prices to you?

When I tried last week I couldn't get a single insurer to quote as non of them recognised the model

Not a single price and I am now on my eighth company!!! My existing company for the Launch Edition that I currently have, Ageas, won't quote either!

• Sad 3

5 minutes ago, CPN said:

Not a single price and I am now on my eighth company!!! My existing company for the Launch Edition that I currently have, Ageas, won't quote either!

Probably an obvious suggestion but have you tried quidco compare? Or one of the many others. 

You'll all really love this! Even Toyota Motor Insurance doesn't list the Premiere Edition!!!!

Screenshot2024-03-08122152ToyotaInsurance.thumb.png.a4bcdc2d578647112d9d0a95d476f646.png

Sheesh!!!

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, trashman1965 said:

Probably an obvious suggestion but have you tried quidco compare? Or one of the many others. 

When I said "company", included in that are all the comparison sites... (who returned "No quotes available")

P.S. "Quidco" is "powered by MoneySupermarket" and I've already tried them. No quote.

Edited by CPN
Quidco is powered elsewhere
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, CPN said:

You'll all really love this! Even Toyota Motor Insurance doesn't list the Premiere Edition!!!!

Screenshot2024-03-08122152ToyotaInsurance.thumb.png.a4bcdc2d578647112d9d0a95d476f646.png

Sheesh!!!

Mmmm, it feels like Toyota is not quite ready for the 2024 Upgrades in the UK... the brochure is still missing from the website and has been for several weeks since they removed the old spec one. Insurance is pretty major so hopefully everything else (on the actual car) is ready for the UK roll-out. It's a bit off-putting to be honest

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, CPN said:

It's quite concerning especially with vehicles being almost ready to collect. Mine is due on the 18th or thereabouts.

• Like 1

Ok, here's the tally of sites/brokers/companies tried so far... (all with negative results...)

Comparison Sites:
confused.com
moneysupermarket.com
comparethemarket.com
uswitch.com

Brokers and/or Companies:
Ageas (current insurer for my Launch Edition)
Aviva
Halifax
LV= (the one guy who explained to me that it is Toyota GB's responsibility to update the insurance companies about new models)
Toyota Insurance Services (LOL!!) - Toyota GB CS informed and they are chasing this up...
Adrian Flux (on here) - Struggled and eventually came up with a ridiculous price over double what I am paying now for my Launch Edition!! ...and that was only after repeated conversations with 2 other underwriters...

As my new car is sat at the front of the garage getting PDI'd and prepped for delivery on Wednesday next, the dealer has gone into panic mode just now...

At one point I'd already cancelled my existing policy from Wed on because they couldn't provide a quote for the new car (in effect a change to the existing policy) but that got hastily reinstated when the problems started to surface...

• Sad 1

Just had an update!! (from my dealer)

"Hi again Colin, 

As it turns out, you're the first customer trying to insure this vehicle through Toyota Insurance! 

Due to this, Dan at Toyota Insurance has submitted the risk assessment to underwriters and will be giving you a call back today regarding a quote. He said it should be just before 3pm he hopes. 

It looks like this may be the case with a lot of insurance companies. 

After dong a little research, it looks like due to customer cars arriving earlier than expected, the Association of British Insurers haven't actually given the vehicle a rating and passed this onto Insurance companies as of yet. 

Kind regards,"

Looks as if this is countrywide!!! 😢

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Dick_Dastardly said:

It's quite concerning especially with vehicles being almost ready to collect. Mine is due on the 18th or thereabouts.

Indeed, the 18th was when ours was supposed to have arrived but apparently a big shipment arrived last weekend at Burniston (Derby) and hence cars have already started arriving at dealers around the country...

I guess that none of this situation would have surfaced unless I had started shopping around today...

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links