Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2024 MY Yaris update

dave hendy

2 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Each importer decides on the specs of vehicles they sell, so specs can vary from country to country.

I understand that. But what I don’t understand what made them to come to conclusion that they are not going to offer that ? 

• Like 2

I would have paid extra for heated seats and steering wheel. I'm sure many others would also

There's a few companies offering to fit them retrospectively (not sure if using OEM parts) but they're not quoting prices

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Patres said:

I understand that. But what I don’t understand what made them to come to conclusion that they are not going to offer that ? 

It's for that reason that my friend has decided to keep her i10 as she does not want to lose her heated seats and steering wheel.  It's a real shame as she loved the Yaris other than that.

• Like 3

It is for that reason I will prob end up cancelling my premier order now, and the fact had to wait so long for it, still not got a build date, and get a clio apline that has both, Toyota offer 3rd party install of heated seats, but not heated steering wheel. I think it is a huge mistake on their part

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, MaDProFF said:

It is for that reason I will prob end up cancelling my premier order now, and the fact had to wait so long for it, still not got a build date, and get a clio apline that has both, Toyota offer 3rd party install of heated seats, but not heated steering wheel. I think it is a huge mistake on their part

While most members on a Toyota forum will unlikely to recommend a Renault for long term ownership, the Clio hybrid can make some sense. It's about £4k cheaper and has those options included as mentioned, the only thing I can see no option of are the hud/JBL and power fold mirrors. For a 3 year PCP can make sense. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Mojo1010 said:

While most members on a Toyota forum will unlikely to recommend a Renault for long term ownership, the Clio hybrid can make some sense. It's about £4k cheaper and has those options included as mentioned, the only thing I can see no option of are the hud/JBL and power fold mirrors. For a 3 year PCP can make sense. 

No HUD, has folding mirrors with puddle lights, Alpine iron Blue model for March pick up is £22k cash, test drove one yesterday, and tbh it is pretty good, loads nice touches, bigger than yaris, prob not quite as good looking, nice seats etc. real shame on toyota's part tbh, They just seem to having loads of production issues of late. One other real down side is no starting the car remote from an app like Yaris. But I am just fed up of waiting.

• Like 3

Oh power fold mirrors are good, must of missed that on the spec list of carwow. 

Under £22k from drive a deal. Yes would agree the Yaris looks more stylist, the clio is a bit dated with the same design from a while back. 

Screenshot_2024-02-06-13-52-19-513_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.e94ec4bf7b2a1ca7bac04b73593fd4b0.jpg

• Like 2

You know the world's gone mad when it's the Toyota that's the good looker!! :laugh: 

I also am still baffled by Toyota UK's continual decision not to offer heated seats in the Yaris - Other EU countries can have them so the equipment and parts are clearly there for it. Are they based in Barbados or something?? If there was a country that could do with heated seats it's this one!! :laugh:  It would save so much fuel in urban driving in winter too, as you wouldn't need to use the HVAC heater, and thus run the engine needlessly to generate heat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Maybe a case of switching to a Cross which is available with heated seats and steering wheel.  

I have an unreasonable hatred of SUVs and just couldn't bring myself to buy one. Also, given they (SUVs) look to be the next cash cow for the milking down here, I feel it wouldn't be wise...

I really should just buy one of those heated vests for next winter... :g: 

The cross 115 is too underpower for me. The 130 cross premiere will be ~ £30k which is mad. 

If that would make you feel better, the heated steering wheel could be done better as it heats up in just four points and there is no regulation so for me it jumps from "mild cold" to "lava" rather quick 😛 and the button to enable it is in really poor place - very low on the side panel next to the doors where the auto high beam button is. So i rarely use it myself

8 hours ago, Cyker said:

I have an unreasonable hatred of SUVs and just couldn't bring myself to buy one. Also, given they (SUVs) look to be the next cash cow for the milking down here, I feel it wouldn't be wise...

I really should just buy one of those heated vests for next winter... :g: 

At least your carbon activated cabin filter will protect you from the nuclear rain.  It’s bound to happen.  

5 hours ago, Mojo1010 said:

The cross 115 is too underpower for me. The 130 cross premiere will be ~ £30k which is mad. 

I take it Notting Hill is hilly.  Of course the Cross is hours slower than a Yaris.  

2 hours ago, hind said:

If that would make you feel better, the heated steering wheel could be done better as it heats up in just four points and there is no regulation so for me it jumps from "mild cold" to "lava" rather quick 😛 and the button to enable it is in really poor place - very low on the side panel next to the doors where the auto high beam button is. So i rarely use it myself

There’s some fickle owners on this forum.  Complain when there’s no heated wheel and complain when there is.  

• Haha 3

How can you complain when you have a heated steering wheel, just turn it off 🙂 the scarey thing regarding the Cross, at £30k you can get a volvo EX30 in 4 weeks del for £33k although short range, but one seriuos suv and fast too

• Like 2

I'm not complaining it's there - I just rarely use it because of the way it is designed. Had higher expectations around it 🙂 just that.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MaDProFF said:

How can you complain when you have a heated steering wheel, just turn it off 🙂 the scarey thing regarding the Cross, at £30k you can get a volvo EX30 in 4 weeks del for £33k although short range, but one seriuos suv and fast too

The Volvo online service quotes a 5 - 7 months delivery time for the EX30 and that

£33 795...is a very basic model....nice though it is.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Cyker said:

You know the world's gone mad when it's the Toyota that's the good looker!! :laugh: 

I also am still baffled by Toyota UK's continual decision not to offer heated seats in the Yaris - Other EU countries can have them so the equipment and parts are clearly there for it. Are they based in Barbados or something?? If there was a country that could do with heated seats it's this one!! :laugh:  It would save so much fuel in urban driving in winter too, as you wouldn't need to use the HVAC heater, and thus run the engine needlessly to generate heat.

The MK4 hatchback is one of the most stylist looking small car around, can't think of a better looking one - just my opinion. When I look at how small it is and how brilliant it performs, it makes me smile owning one.

Toyota done a fab job on it. Though the premiere 130 pricing isn't competitive, only a slow sale will make Toyota reduce the price. I have to spend £8-9k to upgrade to the 130 from my 23 plate design, not a chance. No heated seats/steering wheel either. 

Like I said, I/we will never recommend a renault/french car over a Toyota for long term ownership, but keeping for the 3 years warranty period can make sense on this occasion over the Toyota. 

• Like 4

It is a good looking car. I've switched from 30 years of constant Ford ownership to Toyota for the first time.

It's quite scary to try a new brand after so long but the MK4 has stood out as a pretty car.

It was the Neptune Blue that finally sold it for me with the Premiere edition and the extra power was the final thing that sealed it.

I don't really need a hybrid, wasn't even a consideration when I bought it, but it looks nice, has enough power, and should hopefully be bullet proof. 

I'm sure I could have got a cheaper car but I wouldn't have liked it as much so it would have been a false economy.

I'm supposed to be retiring this year so the plan is that this will be my forever car. We'll see how that works out 😃

• Like 3

Just looked on the Toyota site and you only get the 130 engine in gr sport and premiere?

Not impressed with that.  A premier is 30 grand.

30 grand for a Yaris, I mean I really like our Yaris but 30 grand....

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Yugguy1970 said:

Just looked on the Toyota site and you only get the 130 engine in gr sport and premiere?

Not impressed with that.  A premier is 30 grand.

30 grand for a Yaris, I mean I really like our Yaris but 30 grand....

I got mine on order for £25,950 👍

• Like 4

It’s at home already. Loving the color ! 💙

IMG_2950.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Nice one. 

Thought I won't be spending like £9000 to upgrade. alloys looks nice, don't like the tyre profile though, happy with the 16" tyre on mine. 

1 hour ago, Patres said:

IMG_2950.jpeg

Looks nice! Is that the premier in neptune blue? Looks darker than the press/media shots. Any pictures outside in good light? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dick_Dastardly said:

I got mine on order for £25,950 👍

ditto...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Patres said:

IMG_2950.jpeg

Wow! That's a much better blue than it appears in all the publicity blurb... Glad now that I also chose that!

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links