Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2024 MY Yaris update

dave hendy

Money has lost its value, that’s all. And the car prices are actually a very good tool to show that, 30-45% price rise means pound is weaker than ever. 
How many are earning 40-50% more than 2020? You do the maths and how England is doing politically and economically. 😉🫢

• Like 6

14 hours ago, anchorman said:

No point comparing the price of current cars with even a year ago.  Forget it and get one ordered.  You only come this way once.

Exactly my thought process Don! With that in mind and after nearly a week of haggling with the dealer (who eventually came up trumps!😉), my order for a Premiere edition goes in tomorrow morning. 😁

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I look forward to hearing how you find it compared to the current model! :biggrin: 

Soooo how much did you get off...? Or extras thrown in? :naughty: 

There will be a slight faster speed of acceleration, apart from that probably won't be any difference. Certainly would not pay the current so called going rate for the difference. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I would.  I loved both the Yaris and Yaris Cross but while they would launch quite well, overtaking needed a lot of care.  I also like the positioning of the vents and in any case, keeping an older vehicle is all relative because a new one has a higher value.  I’ve recently had two mates younger than me drop off their perch.  Saving for a rainy day did them a lot of good.   

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

You don’t know one day from another enjoy your money on things to make you happy 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Cyker said:

I look forward to hearing how you find it compared to the current model! :biggrin: 

Soooo how much did you get off...? Or extras thrown in? :naughty: 

I got the standard (at the moment) £300 deposit uplift plus I got the £28925 base price knocked down to £28425 and a good price for the part-ex value of my Launch Edition guaranteed (in writing!) until vehicle delivery in March/April next year.

Webuyanycar valued the Red Baron at £14500, motorway at £15968 & carwow was £16100. So, bearing in mind that our class of car is showing roughly ~£200/month depreciation at the moment, I figured that a guaranteed £15100 was pretty good when you consider that it will be at least 4 months before I take delivery (~£800 potential fall in the part-ex value) and the dealer has guaranteed that they will shoulder any loss in value instead of me. Plus, there will also be an uplift by 4 months payments meaning less to settle the previous PCP (~£1091 less to pay) which will help drop the payments of the new deal down to or at least close to what I am paying per month now.

We also had a conversation about extras (mudflaps and the like) but actually, there are not many extras needed with what comes a standard on the Premiere edition. One downer was that unfortunately, all the new models come with a can of goop and not a proper spare wheel (which my Launch Edition has) so I will be looking around for a spare wheel kit since I can't really remove it from Red Baron easily (unless anyone knows where I can get a goop kit?). The dealer is very happy for me to transfer all the other extras from my existing car to the new one which amounts to the rear cargo net, all of the mudflaps (which, apparently, are impossible to get just now!) and the set of wind deflectors that I bought.

So, overall, I'm pretty happy going forward. 🙂

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Mojo1010 said:

How come not using carwow price at £26k?

Huh? What carwow price of £26k?

Oh, you mean the one you posted screen shots of? Well, all I can say to that is that I have developed the relationship I have with my dealer over the last 9 years and two cars purchased from them and I prefer to deal with them. Besides, I forgot to mention that I am getting a 3 year + MOT service deal from them for the new car that will only cost a low 3 figured number (yet to be agreed).

Besides, that's a cash price no? (which I am in no position to take advantage of...)

• Like 2

It can be PCP less 300. You can get your dealer to match carwow price. It's almost 3k more on price, no matter how the relationship is with car dealer. Unless of course you are getting in the sheets with the manager's hot daughter lol.

• Haha 3

Crikey Colin, now I’m excited.  We need photos and reports!!!

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Mojo1010 said:

It can be PCP less 300. You can get your dealer to match carwow price. It's almost 3k more on price, no matter how the relationship is with car dealer. Unless of course you are getting in the sheets with the manager's hot daughter lol.

Well, there's no harm in trying of course...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, anchorman said:

Crikey Colin, now I’m excited.  We need photos and reports!!!

Whoa there Don!! lol! All in good time... 🤣

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, CPN said:

Well, there's no harm in trying of course...

I may just have a go with this one...

image.thumb.png.3638251500223378eb575cb4d89ec1b7.png

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, CPN said:

I may just have a go with this one...

image.thumb.png.3638251500223378eb575cb4d89ec1b7.png

Get them to price match the lowest offer. 

• Like 1

Does anyone know for absolute certain that the 2024MY Yaris hatch has the thicker side windows and bonded windscreen? I've seen reference to these features in the 2024 Yaris Cross press release, but am unsure whether they're also in the upgraded hatch.

6 hours ago, CPN said:

Huh? What carwow price of £26k?

Oh, you mean the one you posted screen shots of? Well, all I can say to that is that I have developed the relationship I have with my dealer over the last 9 years and two cars purchased from them and I prefer to deal with them. Besides, I forgot to mention that I am getting a 3 year + MOT service deal from them for the new car that will only cost a low 3 figured number (yet to be agreed).

Besides, that's a cash price no? (which I am in no position to take advantage of...)

It wouldn't be a cash price it is a broker price for a PCP from another min dealer. The dealers love returning buyers because they think they are getting something for loyalty but they don't in my experience. Just like gas and electricity. How much are you saving exactly on your service plan against other dealer offers for that? Your car won't even need an MOT till year 4 so if you keep this car for the same length of time roughly that will save you about £50! Still you do get to keep your old mud flaps. I'm not sure if people realise that the Car Wow dealer will be another main dealer (or even your local one) and if not most will give you the Car Wow deal as mine did. Your local dealer will continue to give you excellent service any way. They don't penalise customers for buying from another main dealer - they still want your business - why wouldn't they?

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Mojo1010 said:

Get them to price match the lowest offer. 

Well, looks like they have lost a customer as they wouldn't budge above their best offer of £1000 off plus the TGB £300.

...and so having struck up a new relationship with a dealer much closer to me now, I've ended up getting £20 shy of £2000 + £300 off and another perk which we are going to talk about tomorrow...

Forgot to mention that I've already been offered £16k+, sight unseen, for the Red Baron which is also ~£1k above what my current dealer offered...

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, CPN said:

and another perk which we are going to talk about tomorrow...

Is this something to do with the manager's hot wife as part of your negotiation? 🙂

There are no loyalty with most companies, go with the cheapest, can always take servicing anywhere. So 2k better off by going into this great forum and reading my post. I think bank transfer a few £££ my way would be in order 😄

• Haha 3

Chance would be a fine thing at my age! 🤣

I get what you are saying about loyalty etc but this guy I'm dealing with now is the first dealer to be totally transparent with me and to fully explain in detail about their "front-end" and "back-end" margins. The total of the two comes to roughly 12% of the cost from Toyota and so I am a bit suspicious when I get a dealer offering an 11.3% discount as that smacks a bit of desperation if you ask me!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, MarkBUK said:

Does anyone know for absolute certain that the 2024MY Yaris hatch has the thicker side windows and bonded windscreen? I've seen reference to these features in the 2024 Yaris Cross press release, but am unsure whether they're also in the upgraded hatch.

Don't fret over the spec of the forthcoming YC.  If you want better refinement just get yourself a Lexus LBX.  If you can't afford that but a used Lexus UX.  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Mojo1010 said:

Is this something to do with the manager's hot wife as part of your negotiation? 🙂

There are no loyalty with most companies, go with the cheapest, can always take servicing anywhere. So 2k better off by going into this great forum and reading my post. I think bank transfer a few £££ my way would be in order 😄

Just got this deal from a dealer in S$%&^(*)Ihorpe on carwow and took to my local dealer which he did me the same deal even tho they don’t do carwow anymore picked GR 3 weeks ago now, also just got this deal for son in law from carwow and collecting this next weekend this GR is already in stock at dealer both are white over £5.5 k in savings 👍🏻

IMG_0158.png

• Like 1

Well, the order is in!!! 😁

In the end, I got  6.8% off of the list price (£1,979), £16,000 for our existing car, one of those reinforced boot floor thingies and a full tank of fuel (they are also letting me transfer all the mudflaps, wind deflectors and cargo net to the new car). So I'm afraid it was a no-brainer and we would have been stupid to pass the offer up especially as our monthly payments barely changed!

It was also nice to deal with a team that had the attitude "the customer is always right" (as opposed to the previous dealer who, I think, thought that customers were a bit of a nuisance!).

• Like 5

Didn't you say u had a good 9 year relationship with the previous? So trading in for a newer younger hotter racier model now....men 😁. Good job.

• Haha 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links