Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2024 MY Yaris update

dave hendy

I do hope there will be heated seats and steering wheel available along with illuminated steering wheel buttons - equipment that's available on the Yaris Cross and most of the competition.

9 hours ago, Berisford said:

I do hope there will be heated seats and steering wheel available along with illuminated steering wheel buttons - equipment that's available on the Yaris Cross and most of the competition.

Yes I am very surprised at the lack of heated seats, especially on the Excel which has part synthetic leather. 

An additional important improvement which does not seem to be mentioned here, but is mentioned in other press releases: there will be improvements to NVH. The thickness of the front and side glass will be increased and more insulating material will be inserted in specific spots (engine bay and cockpit).

• Like 4

11 hours ago, MG95 said:

An additional important improvement which does not seem to be mentioned here, but is mentioned in other press releases: there will be improvements to NVH. The thickness of the front and side glass will be increased and more insulating material will be inserted in specific spots (engine bay and cockpit).

That’s interesting as when we did our test drive I was amazed at how quiet the Yaris was under acceleration. I thought it seemed quieter than my Gen 4 Prius, so if they are adding more that will be very interesting to how much of a difference it makes. 

On 8/14/2023 at 11:33 PM, Berisford said:

illuminated steering wheel buttons ?   My MY2020 Hatchback Yaris has illuminated steering wheel buttons.   Do they have removed them in more recent cars ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RickyC said:

illuminated steering wheel buttons ?   My MY2020 Hatchback Yaris has illuminated steering wheel buttons.   Do they have removed them in more recent cars ?

Well if so maybe they upgraded the steering wheel to backlit mid-term inasmuch as when the current model was being launched I specifically asked Toyota, via their FB page, if it would have backlit buttons.

It took 'em a while but they came back with a 'no'............

To be fair, The website team don't always get it right...

4 hours ago, Harters said:

That’s interesting as when we did our test drive I was amazed at how quiet the Yaris was under acceleration. I thought it seemed quieter than my Gen 4 Prius, so if they are adding more that will be very interesting to how much of a difference it makes. 

Clearly you weren't accelerating hard enough! :naughty: :laugh: 

But seriously the engine is surprisingly refined under 3k-ish RPMs. Mine gets quite raucous if I really give it the beans tho' :laugh: 

(I wonder if I'm the only one here who's redlined their Mk4 a few times so far :laugh: )

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Cyker said:

To be fair, The website team don't always get it right...

Clearly you weren't accelerating hard enough! :naughty: :laugh: 

But seriously the engine is surprisingly refined under 3k-ish RPMs. Mine gets quite raucous if I really give it the beans tho' :laugh: 

(I wonder if I'm the only one here who's redlined their Mk4 a few times so far :laugh: )

Well I was a passenger as my friend was driving and she was amazed at the pull it had with 3 up, so maybe she was only tickling the throttle 😆This is comparing to her 1.2 i10 

Let’s hope we hear soon as she is itching to place an order. 

Ohh I understand... yeah, it must have felt like a rocketship compared to the 1.2 :laugh: 

It's that instant torque from the electric motors - It makes the car feel a lot faster than it actually is! :laugh: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Can't find any info on the next Yaris Cross update/model. This version is on sale in some parts of the world now, does anyone know if we in the UK are going to get it anytime soon?

CaptureYaris.thumb.JPG.822650f549c77c926c15a034e452cbf0.JPG

• Like 2

On 8/23/2023 at 11:20 AM, Berisford said:

Can't find any info on the next Yaris Cross update/model. This version is on sale in some parts of the world now, does anyone know if we in the UK are going to get it anytime soon?

CaptureYaris.thumb.JPG.822650f549c77c926c15a034e452cbf0.JPG

Definitely prefer that front end to the one we get!

• Like 1

On 8/23/2023 at 12:05 PM, davidif said:

Exactly, the main reason I'm going to wait.........

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ive seen quite a few videos on this model and they are mainly from Asian countries like Indonesia, so maybe its just that market.  Have to say it looks good, like a mini RAV4.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, davidif said:

I prefer our current front by a long way!

• Haha 1

Asian market get a different platform! That's why it looks different.

Look at the Yaris on the Malaysian website: http://www.toyota.com.my/

On 8/23/2023 at 1:20 PM, Berisford said:

Can't find any info on the next Yaris Cross update/model. This version is on sale in some parts of the world now, does anyone know if we in the UK are going to get it anytime soon?CaptureYaris.thumb.JPG.822650f549c77c926c15a034e452cbf0.JPG

That model, made by Daihatsu, is for Asian market only.

On 8/23/2023 at 12:05 PM, davidif said:

It might be the angle but to my eye the bonnet appears to be lower at the front.  I think there is plenty of room in the engine bay to reduce the height.  I still have issues parking far enough into a bay and generally align B pillars with other cars.

1 hour ago, Roy124 said:

I still have issues parking far enough into a bay and generally align B pillars with other cars.

And I thought I was the only one who did this. I tend to align my mirrors though

• Like 1

On 8/23/2023 at 11:20 AM, Berisford said:

Not the European market version - so we're not going to get this. Available in Asian markets such as the Phillipines, etc.

Toyota Yaris Cross | Toyota Philippines Official Website

The Toyota Yaris Cross is now officially here—Prices start at P1,199,000 | Autodeal

• 2 weeks later...

New to this forum, not (yet) a Toyota owner, following news on Yaris closely.

Kolin factory to start production again on monday, after the burn on Novares factory, Toyota supplier.

There are also some news on 2024 model on toyota.cz.

• Like 3

Yessss!!!!! The HUD is in the Premiere Edition!😁

Let's just hope that Toyota GB don't mess with the spec now!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, CPN said:

Yessss!!!!! The HUD is in the Premiere Edition!😁

Let's just hope that Toyota GB don't mess with the spec now!

I would wait and see before putting the champagne on ice. We never had heated seats but some markets did before . Fingers crossed though 😃

My friend is hoping for heated seats 🤞

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KrisJan said:

New to this forum, not (yet) a Toyota owner, following news on Yaris closely.

Kolin factory to start production again on monday, after the burn on Novares factory, Toyota supplier.

There are also some news on 2024 model on toyota.cz.

Yes the Yaris refresh looks good, lots of small spec bumps across the range like the newer bigger infotainment screens( 12.3" on top trim)is a massive improvement over the older design, full digital combi meter plus HUD and two tone paint on higher trims really give the Yaris more of an upmarket feel to it in its class.

Its a shame shame that the UK market only sells the hybrid Yaris unlike the EU markets where the cheaper non hybrid option is available (i assume the Czech Republic factory still only builds non hybrid Yaris and Aygo whilst France builds the Hybrid Yaris and Yaris Cross). Considering that this refresh adds lots of quality of life features there will be a price bump further raising the price and it would be nice if a non Hybrid model was available in the UK to fit in between the Aygo and Hybrid Yaris price wise

• Like 2

Prices for the LBX are on the Lexus UK website.  However the full specification of each model is not yet available.  Seven grades are listed, priced £29,995 to £39995.

On 9/16/2023 at 9:18 PM, GR KAIZEN said:

(i assume the Czech Republic factory still only builds non hybrid Yaris and Aygo whilst France builds the Hybrid Yaris and Yaris Cross).

Wrong on that count, Czech plant builds hybrid Yaris, also.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links