Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2024 MY Yaris update

dave hendy

Yes! What's the point of getting old if you cant grump at younger people!! :tongue: :laugh: 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Exactly. My granddaughter calls me Grampy, or is it Grumpy. Perhaps I’m too deaf to notice which it is 😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Cyker said:

Thanks, ugh, I had a horrible feeling that's what they meant by 'customizable'. I was hoping that you could actually pick what's displayed and how, e.g. power meter, revs, temps etc. on the middle and sides, and how they're displayed, e.g. digital vs analogue, but no, just 4 pointless 'skins' for space-wasting pseudo analogue dials. 

I don't get why car companies do this, total waste of a no doubt expensive digital screen... They have so much more potential!!

I must admit I much prefer the big clear digital dash on my Mk4...

Good video HERE showing some if not all of the options

The Meter type can be set to single analogue style, dual analogue style and digital style, the data displayed can be set to differing data in 4 distinct areas and you can set 3 personalised display sets to quickly shift between preferred info.

image.thumb.png.1fd5b58404a3519ac89f6e15023e7ad1.pngimage.thumb.png.44ceda3b996972ac8a8ac4978283a983.pngimage.thumb.png.0e72bcb07710e03966a0d94df0f07695.pngPage 100 on

You can choose either Tachometer or Power meter.

PZ49X-12Q65-EN.pdf

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Thanks so much Devon, that's much more in line with what I would have hoped for with a fully digital display; It doesn't look like I could duplicate the massive speed display my Mk4 has, but being able to change the ancillary meters independently is still a big plus.

I think I'll have to play with it next time I'm at the dealer to see what it can do!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, anchorman said:

Fingers crossed Colin but they cite a Premier Edition which is usually an introductory fully loaded model 👍😉

Indeed. Seems like today's "Launch Edition" equivalent...

One thing that I would love to be able to do is to mimic my Hybrid Assistant display full size on that 12" display but that's probably a wish too far!

731218815_Screenshot_20221031-170304(1).thumb.png.431e0625d6b03af529a5454173bf8e56.png

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Cyker said:

Thanks so much Devon, that's much more in line with what I would have hoped for with a fully digital display; It doesn't look like I could duplicate the massive speed display my Mk4 has, but being able to change the ancillary meters independently is still a big plus.

I think I'll have to play with it next time I'm at the dealer to see what it can do!

Video I took Today

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Hmm, it looks like you can set up 3 display presets which is neat, but it's a shame you can't make the digital speedo bigger. I like that the 3 'mfd' areas can be changed independently - A nice change from the single one in mine.

I do feel the status icons are a bit all-over-the place - In my Mk4 most of them are arranged in a row along the top, but that one's like the courtesy car with it's analogue dash shares, where they're randomly scattered all over the place.

But these are all relatively minor gripes.

Again, thanks for the detailed look! :thumbsup: 

• Like 2

On 6/1/2023 at 7:30 PM, Devon Aygo said:

Video I took Today

Can the lane departure be defaulted to off Lee?

1 hour ago, anchorman said:

Can the lane departure be defaulted to off Lee?

No and I suspect if NG Yaris follows other models it will be a menu hunt to disable rather that a button press/hold

• Like 1

Someone reckoned they couldn't allow it to default off without losing NCAP points, but not sure how true that is.

I hope they can leave the shortcut to turn it off tho' as there are times where having it on makes the car more dangerous, as I find when it tries to steer me into parked vehicles!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Cyker said:

Someone reckoned they couldn't allow it to default off without losing NCAP points, but not sure how true that is.

I hope they can leave the shortcut to turn it off tho' as there are times where having it on makes the car more dangerous, as I find when it tries to steer me into parked vehicles!

There are other brands that do including Lexus 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Exactly. Have you seen the size of the screen in a Tesla - It's huge !!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

To be fair that's the only interface for the whole car - They have to put all the dash info, all the infotainment, all the normal car controls that we still thankfully have buttons for etc. on that thing, so it needs to be pretty big!

Bit of a bugger when it fails tho'...

• Like 3

Yes Tesla have put the controls to everything on the central display.  If you want to open the glovebox even that has to be done by accessing the right menu on the screen - how ridiculous is that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Yeah, it's the thing that puts me off them the most. The funny thing is it's a cost saving measure as it cuts down the wiring loom significantly, making assembly much easier, but people think it's premium so they get away with charging more!

• Haha 3

.Does anyone know if the Cross is going to be available with the Hybrid 130?

Would think so, it will benefit the cross more with the extra hp. I would be more satisfy with the 130 than the current 116. 

...so if I'm reading right, the "115" is the current Mk.4 powertrain?

The only real changes then are Safety Sense 3.0 and digital dash? Oh... and hopefully re-introduction of all the spec they removed off the current Mk.4?

I wonder how much more the "130" will cost? Anyone betting this is heading towards a 30k car? They can't increase the price much, as it will be too close to e.g. Corolla in terms of price?

I'm thinking of not daring to cancel my current order, as if the spec is true (130 as standard on GR) and I get bumped to the update, holy cow...

Wishful thinking 🙂

It should be the premiere edition to get 130hp and hud. You are right it will be below the cost of the corolla. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, YarisHybrid2016 said:

...so if I'm reading right, the "115" is the current Mk.4 powertrain?

The only real changes then are Safety Sense 3.0 and digital dash? Oh... and hopefully re-introduction of all the spec they removed off the current Mk.4?

I wonder how much more the "130" will cost? Anyone betting this is heading towards a 30k car? They can't increase the price much, as it will be too close to e.g. Corolla in terms of price?

I'm thinking of not daring to cancel my current order, as if the spec is true (130 as standard on GR) and I get bumped to the update, holy cow...

I think the Corolla will go up too as it gets the 5th gen drivetrain, but you're right it's already very close.

A lot of people have questioned my sanity for how much I paid for my Mk4 :laugh:  I think it did cost more than a base-spec Corolla at the time...! :eek: 

Didn't Corolla already increase? I thought it was already at its new 5th gen. price on the website? It shows the new dash and everything now on there. Excel spec Corolla is £35k with the 2.0L.

• Like 1

Ah, you might be right!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links