Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2024 MY Yaris update

dave hendy

Will the updated Yaris with the 115BHP engine have the Mk5 hybrid system?

• Like 1

To my knowledge the '115' will have the same drivetrain as the current Mk4's

Any word on the main Battery capacity?

The information available indicates that the upgrade on bhp will be due to the Battery, as the engine will keep the current characteristics

The "new" Renault Clio clearly states: "Battery capacity: 1.2 kWh".

What capacity will the "Toyota 130" battery have in order to provide the extra bhp?

From what we know, the 130 has more powerful electric motors but the Battery is the same, so the motors could potentially operate at higher power draw than the 115, but for shorter periods of time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Trewithy said:

Will the updated Yaris with the 115BHP engine have the Mk5 hybrid system?

It already has the V5 - M15A-FXE.

Quote: From what we know, the 130 has more powerful electric motors but the Battery is the same, so the motors could potentially operate at higher power draw than the 115, but for shorter periods of time.

But... That would mean short(er) periods electric driving, wouldn't it?🤔

Then, one would have short bursts of power (130bhp), but quicker depletion of electric "charge", thus, shorter electric mode range. 😧

Am I misperceiving it?

I think its best not to speculate and wait for the proper information.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Oni said:

Quote: From what we know, the 130 has more powerful electric motors but the battery is the same, so the motors could potentially operate at higher power draw than the 115, but for shorter periods of time.

But... That would mean short(er) periods electric driving, wouldn't it?🤔

Then, one would have short bursts of power (130bhp), but quicker depletion of electric "charge", thus, shorter electric mode range. 😧

Am I misperceiving it?

If you maxed the power draw of the electric motors, then yes it'll deplete faster, but if you are e.g. just following traffic it'd not deplete any faster than it would in the 115. It just gives you the option to use higher peak power, but you don't have to use it.

In my case it'd likely allow more EV use at higher motorway speeds, as the current one can't really drive the car above 60mph so the ICE gets used a lot more if I'm hustling. But I think the price to get one is too outside what I'd be comfortable with...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I notice from @Devon Aygo post with the new prices, the website has now changed the prices of the cars, but it does seem odd that they do not update the website with the new specification of the cars, especially if you can place orders for them now.  It makes it difficult for people to make an informed decision.

Where did the £600 for the safety pack come from, did I miss something?

I am looking forward to the getting the full specifications as my friend is hoping they now at least have electric seats even available even if they do not offer the heated steering wheel.  Both of these she has in her current i10 🤔

The LBX adopts a bi-polar nickel–metal hydride battery, which according to chief engineer Kunihiko Endo offers much greater power density and throughput potential than traditional lithium-ion cells.

See:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lexus_LBX

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Orders opened for Premiere only for 2024 production. Last orders possible up to mid November.

Is it worth speculating prices will drop in 2024 and for that reason make a late order?

• Like 1

That is difficult to say. Interest rate is probably not going to come down too soon. My speculation is the premiere isn't going to sell too many in the UK due to its high price. If it doesn't do well, then they may increase the PCP contribution from the current £300. 

At the time of ordering my design, the excel price was £20750 on PCP inc Toyota 1750 contribution. It's £5k extra on the premiere. 

• Like 1

Word in the financial sector is rates won't come down for at least a year, more likely 2 or 3.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Mojo1010 said:

That is difficult to say. Interest rate is probably not going to come down too soon. My speculation is the premiere isn't going to sell too many in the UK due to its high price. If it doesn't do well, then they may increase the PCP contribution from the current £300. 

At the time of ordering my design, the excel price was £20750 on PCP inc Toyota 1750 contribution. It's £5k extra on the premiere. 

I was being offered a dealer PCP contribution of £1300 against the new 2024 GR Sport last week. I believe this may be the new offer going forward. 4.9% was still the APR though I think.

A lovely car, but £29k is super steep bearing in mind I paid £22k for my GR Sport exactly a year ago.

The offer for my car was appalling also, the dealer didn't try that hard.

• Like 3

New Yaris premiere edition online now on Toyota website 

• Like 4

On 12/6/2023 at 8:21 PM, Kevlar76 said:

I was being offered a dealer PCP contribution of £1300 against the new 2024 GR Sport last week. I believe this may be the new offer going forward. 4.9% was still the APR though I think.

A lovely car, but £29k is super steep bearing in mind I paid £22k for my GR Sport exactly a year ago.

The offer for my car was appalling also, the dealer didn't try that hard.

Has the GR sport got a very hard ride with the 18 inch alloys and tuned suspension ? It looks lovely 

1 hour ago, Countryside said:

Has the GR sport got a very hard ride with the 18 inch alloys and tuned suspension ? It looks lovely 

I mean, it's all subjective isn't it, but I don't think so.

I prefer a slightly firmer ride, as i get a better feel for what the car is doing.

It's not the least bit crashy or hard at all. It handles really well and you can push it in to corners up to a point.

It has skinny tyres, so you can feel a little wobble sometimes as you start to get close to the limit, but it's one of the best little cars I've ever had (and this is number 24!)

Very responsive, fun to drive and I great looking thing too.

FYI, I get better MPG running in power mode, as it suits my driving style better. It uses EV at more appropriate times and is quicker to make that choice too.

I would definitely have had another GR Sport (the new 130bhp) but not at £29k.

I'm very happy with mine 👍

• Like 3

What colour is yours ? I love the seats the alloys and the badges etc saw one in silver in my local showroom 

4 hours ago, Countryside said:

What colour is yours ? I love the seats the alloys and the badges etc saw one in silver in my local showroom 

Mine is the 'basic' white, which is no longer available.

You can have the pearl white still.

Silver would be my second choice after my white.

It looks really sharp in white and shows up the clean lines well.

It doesn't get that dirty either, as I treated it to a coat of Mothers CMX ceramic spray from new.

• Like 3

Design now cost £2100 more than when my order was placed 10 months ago. Excel £3k more, excel to 130 premiere is £2k difference. Cannot see any upgrade from the design of 10 months ago to 2024 to justify the hike. 

Screenshot_2023-12-09-10-46-42-915_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.d9eff6349b62698df50fa7a91be31ee4.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Premiere with no extras is 6 grand more than what my fully loaded Excel went for!! :crybaby: 

It's crazy how much they've gone up by...

At this rate it'll be liable for the Premium Car Tax by the time the next one's out! :eek: 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Cyker said:

Premiere with no extras is 6 grand more than what my fully loaded Excel went for!! :crybaby: 

It's crazy how much they've gone up by...

At this rate it'll be liable for the Premium Car Tax by the time the next one's out! :eek: 

Yes, things have changed in two years.  I’ve just paid nearly the same for a UX as I did for an NX in 2022.  The price of parts shot up for manufacturers and there are still shortages.  As for that premium car tax, will the threshold go up?   Will it hellers like, that’s a little Easter egg that is coining a small fortune for the treasury that is making the smiling assassin look good in front of Roland Rat.  Will it improve if Labour get in?  Nope. Just drop your pants and think of England.  No point comparing the price of current cars with even a year ago.  Forget it and get one ordered.  You only come this way once.

• Like 6

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links