Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2024 MY Yaris update

dave hendy

16 hours ago, CPN said:

I've worked it out... With that uplift from 141Nm to 185Nm of torque, I should just about be able to leave everyone in my dust up to 30mph at the traffic light GP!! 👹 

For comparison, my long gone Nissan Almera GTi was 136 bhp at close to 1200Kg. The new "130" Yaris is now 129bhp @ 1025Kg so it's almost "Back To The Future" in terms of the performance I can now get from the Yaris! 😁

(Although the 2.0L GTi unaspirated did a best 0-60 in 5.8 secs so perhaps not quite such a fair comparison!😉)

What do you think of the new RSA function where it is mandatory for cars 2024 onwards to beep once you go over the speed limit? I am waiting for mine but quite concerned it will be very annoying, particularly since it resets every time you switch the car off and on even if you disable it (you need to disable it every single time). Is it that annoying?

13 minutes ago, MG95 said:

What do you think of the new RSA function where it is mandatory for cars 2024 onwards to beep once you go over the speed limit? I am waiting for mine but quite concerned it will be very annoying, particularly since it resets every time you switch the car off and on even if you disable it (you need to disable it every single time). Is it that annoying?

It is so annoying !!! I have it in my Yaris 2024. But I put the settings shortcut to the home screen and it takes 4 clicks to turn in off before each ride…

It could be a lot worse - I thought they were going to be mandated to put in speed limiters tied to the RSA!! :eek: 

Given how inaccurate mine is I'd never go near a car with such a system...

Just now, Cyker said:

It could be a lot worse - I thought they were going to be mandated to put in speed limiters tied to the RSA!! :eek: 

They plan to do that too in the near future….

• Sad 1

Few deaths on the highway and they will withheld that requirement 😉

2 hours ago, Patres said:

It is so annoying !!! I have it in my Yaris 2024. But I put the settings shortcut to the home screen and it takes 4 clicks to turn in off before each ride…

What's the tolerance before it warns you?

Hopefully not speed limit +1mph

4 minutes ago, Dick_Dastardly said:

What's the tolerance before it warns you?

Hopefully not speed limit +1mph

You are right ! +1mph/kph 😖

• Sad 1

I can't remember just how I did it, but I have my Yaris Cross set at 5kph above the speed limit before I get the beep.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MG95 said:

You say the above but that function has been on Yarises since 2020? ...and no, I don't find it annoying.

4 hours ago, Patres said:

Perhaps update your bio? (it's still saying that you have a 2020 car?)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, dannyboy413 said:

I can't remember just how I did it, but I have my Yaris Cross set at 5kph above the speed limit before I get the beep.

Probably with an OBDII scanner...(?)

I feel like you can set that in the MFD, probably in Settings->RSA

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CPN said:

Probably with an OBDII scanner...(?)

No, it was in the settings somewhere.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dannyboy413 said:

You're right! (I was out checking on mine - 2020 Launch Edition) It's buried in the main settings (cog)...

• Like 1

I have no idea which planet Toyota Insurance Services live on but they are having a laugh!

Just did a quick comparison using my existing car (2020 Launch Edition) same start date, same quote and same conditions (I always insist on £0 voluntary excess) on confused.com and TIS.

Cheapest on confused.com = £597.80/annum (£20 above my current with Ageas so not bad)

T.I.S. = £1,124.06 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!🤯

I'll say no more! Idiots!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

36 minutes ago, CPN said:

I have no idea which planet Toyota Insurance Services live on but they are having a laugh!

Just did a quick comparison using my existing car (2020 Launch Edition) same start date, same quote and same conditions (I always insist on £0 voluntary excess) on confused.com and TIS.

Cheapest on confused.com = £597.80/annum (£20 above my current with Ageas so not bad)

T.I.S. = £1,124.06 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!🤯

I'll say no more! Idiots!

Did you manage to get a quote for the new premiere yet?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, trashman1965 said:

Did you manage to get a quote for the new premiere yet?

Not yet. It's a bit too soon when you consider that the first meeting with the ABI only happened this last Thursday evening. Perhaps something will spark this coming week...

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, dannyboy413 said:

Yes, it's in my speed limit warning settings.  I have it on my 2017 Prius and I find it very useful, especially if you are somewhere strange.  I have it set to 3 MPH over, but mine is a voice that says e.g. "the speed limit is 30 miles per hour".  

Although it is set at 3 MPH, I find I don't get the warning until about 5 or 6 over the limit.

• Like 2

My uninsurable bundle of joy arrived at the dealers today 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 3

My dealer not having it that the car is uninsurable. Told me to phone the insurance companies and build the quote manually. I'm trying to insure a Yaris, not a Delorean with the ability to time travel back to the 70s when phoning was the only option.

Guess what, phoned a few and they've never heard of it 😃

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3

Direct Line said that it takes 3 days after a vehicle is registered for the information to filter through to the insurance companies.

Obviously this is a different situation but, given that Toyota GB had their pow wow on Friday, then hopefully the 3 day rule applies and the details will be available to them tomorrow 

• Like 3

Our 2024 excel arrived at the dealer today.  Can’t go for it until Tuesday due to other commitments.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dick_Dastardly said:

Direct Line said that it takes 3 days after a vehicle is registered for the information to filter through to the insurance companies.

Obviously this is a different situation but, given that Toyota GB had their pow wow on Friday, then hopefully the 3 day rule applies and the details will be available to them tomorrow 

Let's hope but I wouldn't hold your breath waiting...

It seems like the customers are having to do all the donkey work in all of this instead of Toyota and its dealers! I'm suffering from "quote lookup" fatigue just now... (if that's even a thing!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have just come across a new review on the UK spec model. Contains useful coverage of the new infotainment and dashboards. Main review is on Premiere edition but gives a short section on the Design spec later on, and first look I have seen for the UK set up of the Design's dashboard... (it is the 2024 model despite having a '73' reg for some reason).

7 minutes ago, ChrisP74 said:

I have just come across a new review on the UK spec model. Contains useful coverage of the new infotainment and dashboards. Main review is on Premiere edition but gives a short section on the Design spec later on, and first look I have seen for the UK set up of the Design's dashboard... (it is the 2024 model despite having a '73' reg for some reason).

This is the girl that said the steering wheel in the LBX was too masculine for her liking.   I can’t take her seriously after making comments like that.  However, she’s not wasted any time getting the review out, I’ll give her that.  

On 3/9/2024 at 3:10 PM, TonyHSD said:

The other day I see a various brand new Yaris including gr 4 ready for collection in my local dealer. Mmm, fresh new cars so good. I had my eye on red Yaris icon I believe 24 plate, it has a big screen inside, different seats materials and basic dashboard instruments, like the gr4, and my first Audi A4, I don’t know why but I like these a lot. Perhaps one day….

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links