Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2024 MY Yaris update

dave hendy

My dealer has raised a case with Toyota GB re the insurance debacle.

Whether that achieves anything over and above what we currently know, I couldn't say, as Toyota GB are already aware of it

But hopefully it may yield some more information re the current state of affairs 

• Like 3

Yeah, they weren't aware of it until we were the first in the country to raise the issue last Friday!!

Let's hope they now move their butts as there are many more people now waiting....

Another Premiere landed at my dealer's just this afternoon...

• Like 2

Well it's a pain for you guys itching to get your hands on the new car, let it all be sorted out pronto. I think the other premiere is cyker secretly ordering to boy race to the local mcD. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Mojo1010 said:

I think the other premiere is cyker secretly ordering to boy race to the local mcD. 

Could well be, although Cykers people are talking to my people about joining one of our Sunday night meets up here at the McD near the French quarter massiff.

Ravey Davey with the nutter turbo Saxo is not keen, but hands across borders an'all that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Eek I've been rumbled!! Are you lot hacking into my e-mails?!! :eek: :laugh: 

I still find it bizarre the higher the grade the worse the colour options! What's the logic behind that??

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Cyker said:

I still find it bizarre the higher the grade the worse the colour options! What's the logic behind that??

Don't be silly! This is Toyota GB we're dealing with here! 😉

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Is matt urban camo one of the colour options?

It goes down well in these parts , and contrasts well with da bling.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, CPN said:

Yeah, they weren't aware of it until we were the first in the country to raise the issue last Friday!!

Let's hope they now move their butts as there are many more people now waiting....

Another Premiere landed at my dealer's just this afternoon...

You been sat outside transporter spotting? 😉

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, CPN said:

Hey Colin.  My insurance renewal came.  Lexus UX 2023 with legal and enhanced courtesy car cover - £411.  I don’t think that’s too bad.  

• Like 5

How many emergency led devices have you strapped to your chimney? My Yaris ia more than 2x that, then again I'm in the capital city. Think I need to move to this place in north Wales. 

IMG_20220525_135252.thumb.jpg.aeffef05f76b9654b94e82f661bdb8a1.jpg

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, anchorman said:

Hey Colin.  My insurance renewal came.  Lexus UX 2023 with legal and enhanced courtesy car cover - £411.  I don’t think that’s too bad.  

What's your voluntary excess on that?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mojo1010 said:

How many emergency led devices have you strapped to your chimney? My Yaris ia more than 2x that, then again I'm in the capital city. Think I need to move to this place in north Wales. 

IMG_20220525_135252.thumb.jpg.aeffef05f76b9654b94e82f661bdb8a1.jpg

Looks like South Stack Lighthouse to me, rough as in the Winter there 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Parts-King said:

Looks like South Stack Lighthouse to me, rough as in the Winter there 

Correct. Spent a week in North Wales a couple of years ago, lovely places. Visit snowdon also but I couldn't hike it as got bad knee from football injury many years ago. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CPN said:

What's your voluntary excess on that?

150 + 150.  I’m lucky to have a top notch body man right around the corner so anything under £300 he can do.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Mojo1010 said:

Correct. Spent a week in North Wales a couple of years ago, lovely places. Visit snowdon also but I couldn't hike it as got bad knee from football injury many years ago. 

Been up many a time, but now the knees are knackered I don't think I will be going up anytime soon 🤦‍♂️😂😂

• Haha 3

It must be the South Stack Insurance premium influence  as I only live twenty miles away😄

Just had my renewal quote £266 for the coming year which seems reasonable.

Able to find comparable cover on a comparison site for £235. That is with a £250 excess ,no claims protection and legal cover.

After reading so many horror stories about large premium  increases for many  forum members I  have been pleasantly surprised. 

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, G L J said:

It must be the South Stack Insurance premium influence  as I only live twenty miles away😄

Just had my renewal quote £266 for the coming year which seems reasonable.

Able to find comparable cover on a comparison site for £235. That is with a £250 excess ,no claims protection and legal cover.

After reading so many horror stories about large premium  increases for many  forum members I  have been pleasantly surprised. 

You may already be doing this, but if not, then you can get another £30+ off that by going through a cashback site. 

I can’t find any pictures online of the new premiere edition Yaris in silver 

1 hour ago, Countryside said:

I can’t find any pictures online of the new premiere edition Yaris in silver 

Because it’s only available in a silver/black bi tone ….

IMG_0667.png

Many thanks Graham it’s the black sheep it looks like the blue is a lot more popular !?

On 3/14/2024 at 7:23 PM, CPN said:

I gave duff information yesterday.  My renewal is 556 but for a 6 month old high end Lexus, I’m still not unhappy given some of the horror stories I’ve heard on here.  

• Thanks 1

One thing worth noting especially for renewal (not much help if you're closer to acquiring the car than this) - quotes are at their cheapest 20-26 days before they're 'due' for renewal / start date on average - this isn't a locked in certainty but broadly speaking it's cheaper than wanting to sort it 30 days before, and anything less than 20

• Thanks 1

I messaged Toyota UK on FB to find out what was happening. This is their reply

Screenshot_20240318-134323~2.png

• Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Dick_Dastardly said:

I messaged Toyota UK on FB to find out what was happening. This is their reply

Screenshot_20240318-134323~2.png

This is beginning to get ridiculous! I have now gone into "hair dryer mode" on the phone to all and sundry about this! :argue:

Just now, CPN said:

This is beginning to get ridiculous! I have now gone into "hair dryer mode" on the phone to all and sundry about this! :argue:

And it's a little contradictory to what you were originally advised i.e. that vehicles had arrived sooner than expected.

Sounds like someone filled in the form but forgot to press "Submit" 

This is killing the moment for me

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links