Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2024 MY Yaris update

dave hendy

11 minutes ago, CPN said:

Ok, that will be us picking up the Blue Demon on April Fools day!! :yahoo:

Just be careful that you don't turn up and it's only a 1/18 model 😉

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Countryside said:

Many thanks when do you pick up your premier cross ?

I've been told June...maybe a little earlier, which I'm fine with.  The dealership is brilliant, they've given me a price for my trade in, so not worried , if it's a little early or a little late.  Stoneacre Darlington branch, someone is sure to ask.  🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mojo1010 said:

You have been made out to be weak for backtracking 🤣

No he's not weak at all....he's actually standing taller .  We all tend to get carried away ..with someone's sad plight...I understand the difficulties the chap had getting insurance...must have felt he was in a right pickle...but he managed to get there in the end.

Okay Cyker, you are not perceived as weak now thanks to the kind words of your uncle 🙂

On the same note, my dealer did pressured me a bit when they say they cannot hold my car for too long as they don't have space.

Needed to sell my then MK3 Yaris first, dealer offered £8000, got £9100 from a trader off motorways. The dealer did have very limited space for new cars pick up, that is due to them having loads of overpriced used cars on the forecourt. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CPN said:

Ok, that will be us picking up the Blue Demon on April Fools day!! :yahoo:

(not sure if that's good or bad 🤣)

Eventually went with Admiral Gold for £606/yr. With the £255 refund from this car, that means our next year's insurance will be costing us £351/yr effectively. 🤩

Need a report on my desk by 9am on the 2nd Colin 😉👍.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mojo1010 said:

Okay Cyker, you are not perceived as weak now thanks to the kind words of your uncle 🙂

On the same note, my dealer did pressured me a bit when they say they cannot hold my car for too long as they don't have space.

Needed to sell my then MK3 Yaris first, dealer offered £8000, got £9100 from a trader off motorways. The dealer did have very limited space for new cars pick up, that is due to them having loads of overpriced used cars on the forecourt. 

Uncle Bob?! :eek: 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, anchorman said:

Need a report on my desk by 9am on the 2nd Colin 😉👍.  

Yes sir!! :notworthy:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Sneaky peak 😉

Picked it up today. Sensible conversations were had with the sales manager about my experience and all appropriate apologies and understandings were given.

So well done Jemca Croydon for making it right in the end 

PXL_20240325_103909608.MP.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Excellent result in the end then!😁

• Like 3

On 3/23/2024 at 8:39 PM, CPN said:

Yes sir!! :notworthy:

It's going to be a day late as everyone forgot that it was Easter Monday on the 1st! (me having reminded them of this last week and them saying, "oh it's fine! We'll all be here...") 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CPN said:

It's going to be a day late as everyone forgot that it was Easter Monday on the 1st! (me having reminded them of this last week and them saying, "oh it's fine! We'll all be here...") 🤔

You’d think the Easter weekend would be good for car sales!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, anchorman said:

You’d think the Easter weekend would be good for car sales!

One of the only days in the year when the showroom cannot open............Easter Sunday, open for the rest, although a lot of showrooms are now closed on Sundays 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I swear that The Red Baron knows he's going to new home in a few days cause he just keeps on out performing all that went before!

Pulled into the driveway just now after a 100 mile run and there it was on the clock... 74.5mpg!!!!:blowup:

Now he starts to perform after 14,500 miles... 🤩

He just keeps a tuggin' at our heart strings! 😢

We'll be sorry to see him go...

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

42 minutes ago, CPN said:

I swear that The Red Baron knows he's going to new home in a few days cause he just keeps on out performing all that went before!

Pulled into the driveway just now after a 100 mile run and there it was on the clock... 74.5mpg!!!!:blowup:

Now he starts to perform after 14,500 miles... 🤩

He just keeps a tuggin' at our heart strings! 😢

We'll be sorry to see him go...

It's like if you gave an ultimatum to your partner and threatened to leave. They promise to change but you know it's all false and it won't last 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

"Nooo! I'm a good car! Don't give me away!!" :laugh: 

My mpg has been awful lately... just hovering around 70! I really need to stop dragging it away from the lights... :fear: 

I do get a weird reality disconnect when listening to car reviews and such, where 40mpg is still considered 'good' - Only my Fiesta and Mk2 were in that ball park, and the Mk2 was faulty! Both my Mk1s and the Mk4 are easily over 60mpg...! :laugh: 

That there is any remorse just shows it was a good car; I felt sad letting go of my D4Ds, but had no such feelings with my Fiesta or the Mk2 :laugh:  (In fact with the Mk2 it was more a "thank smeg that's gone" feeling :laugh: )

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am still getting used to not seeing anything from mid 60’s to mid 80’s since I swapped my beloved Prius for the NX 😆  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Currently in Japan and saw all these lined up in the port ready to be shipped. Guess they are for domestic sales as Yaris for the UK are not made in Japan are they? 

Toyota are definitely King over here and all the K cars are so cute. 

IMG_7696.thumb.jpeg.6e43214d5c5f0b763ddcd9e53507e1c1.jpeg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Harters said:

Currently in Japan and saw all these lined up in the port ready to be shipped. Guess they are for domestic sales as Yaris for the UK are not made in Japan are they? 

Toyota are definitely King over here and all the K cars are so cute. 

IMG_7696.thumb.jpeg.6e43214d5c5f0b763ddcd9e53507e1c1.jpeg

I think cars intended for Australia are made in Japan so these could be heading down under

• Like 2

I think you're right - They get the ones with 4-stud wheels instead of 5-stud, but also options for AWD and 360 degree camera and self-parking that we don't :crybaby: 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links