Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Lexus LBX (Posh Yaris)

anchorman

11 hours ago, Primus1 said:

Wow, 40k, I’d want a fair maiden to offer to massage my neck,back, and er, other things for that sort of money….

I think the Corsa Elite (top model) for around 22k (non EV crap version) comes with things like massage seats. But you're compromising with PSA reliability there... 

I have to admit, Lexus are rather stingy. The two lowest models you can buy today, I'm sure still need heated seats added extra.  Maybe in the early 2000s that was appropriate for a 'luxury' car model, but it should be standard by now. With things like cooling / massage a cost option. 

• Like 2

Curious what another 15 or 20 BHP adds when the 0-62 time is pretty much the same as the Yaris. Does it have a higher top speed? Gen. 4 seems to be limited to 104 MPH (Gen. 3 certainly was). Will be interesting to see how advantageous the new powertrain is. It will certainly be better when loaded, but I found the Gen.4 to be better as it is vs. Gen.3 when I had my parents over for the weekend (approx. additional load 200 kg).

• Like 3

It looks really nice but also it looks like my inlaws UX they had.  Really nice inside but somehow claustrophobic as a driver, too much around you.

I'm only 5'9" and I felt squashed in.

Not sure why that lads ragging it round a track, that's really not where it belongs.

• Like 3

Even ct200h is claustrophobic inside especially rear seats in comparison to Auris/Corolla. These dark headliners doesn’t help either.
I like Lexus cars but mostly the larger ones, for some reason I always fancy a Toyota top spec models more. Give me a Corolla excel and I will be happy as much as I have a Lexus, es300h could only make me happier, but smaller ones, nah. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

A car is an individual choice, however, having experienced Lexus dealer in the past, I’d have an LBX over a Cross every time.

I know prices are a probably £5k higher for the Lexus, but the dealer attention and riding around in a Lexus are well worth it imo.

Boot space is no longer an issue for me. Still like a space saver spare wheel though - even though I’ve had no need for one since having them in my CT 200h, C-HR and wife’s Yaris.

I will definitely have a look at an LBX mid 2024.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

At present I have a RAV4 Excel that I'm really happy with, although my wife refuses to drive it due to the size, which is also a pain when it comes to parking. We'll probably change it at the end of next year and had a test drive of a Yaris Cross Design. There is enough room for me at 6'1" as a driver, although leg room behind is very restricted, but I could sit behind my wife driving if necessary. Performance was OK, although slower than my RAV4, but that's not comparing apples and apples. What I struggled with was the lack of underthigh support, and electric seats are not available on any trim level on the Cross. I saw a review of the LBX which has these fitted which would make this a definite possibility, depending upon total cost. With PCP deals it might not be that much more than a Cross 🤔

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

I also like the look of the new small urban ev that Toyota are bringing out next year or perhaps in 2025, similar in looks to the cross and LBX, 

Was having a look at one of the better reviewers at it's Euro launch in Valencia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOt_OseBS3c&t=165s

There are areas where the Lexus is better than my cross but there are areas where my Cross is better than the Lexus. UK specs are pretty sketchy at the moment but from what I can gather, if I want microsuede seats that I have on my GR Sport then Lexus want £39k.

I think the overall design of the Yaris Cross boot is brilliant given the car's dimensions ( one of the main reasons we bought it ) but I do criticize it's quality. The Lexus on the otherhand? they just didn't bother designing it !   High load lip? Big step when rear seat is folded? No spare wheel? And it's a 50/50 rear seat where as the X is a 40/20/40.  Lexus fans will hate this comment but that really is a sign of cost cutting. It is not in anyway 'premium'.

I think the X is expensive for what it is so can't get my head around the pricing of the Lexus. Of course there will be folk who'll pay that for a new Lexus( I'm not sure it'll be as many as Lexus think ) but what may well kill this car in Europe is the used value which thru time will put new buyers off too. 

• Like 1

On 9/21/2023 at 2:07 AM, YarisHybrid2016 said:

Curious what another 15 or 20 BHP adds when the 0-62 time is pretty much the same as the Yaris. Does it have a higher top speed? Gen. 4 seems to be limited to 104 MPH (Gen. 3 certainly was). 

Where in Derbyshire can you do more than 70 mph (legally).

To me overtaking ability is far more important than an irrelevant 0-60 time and a willy waving irrelevant top speed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RonYarisX said:

Was having a look at one of the better reviewers at it's Euro launch in Valencia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOt_OseBS3c&t=165s

There are areas where the Lexus is better than my cross but there are areas where my Cross is better than the Lexus. UK specs are pretty sketchy at the moment but from what I can gather, if I want microsuede seats that I have on my GR Sport then Lexus want £39k.

I think the overall design of the Yaris Cross boot is brilliant given the car's dimensions ( one of the main reasons we bought it ) but I do criticize it's quality. The Lexus on the otherhand? they just didn't bother designing it !   High load lip? Big step when rear seat is folded? No spare wheel? And it's a 50/50 rear seat where as the X is a 40/20/40.  Lexus fans will hate this comment but that really is a sign of cost cutting. It is not in anyway 'premium'.

I think the X is expensive for what it is so can't get my head around the pricing of the Lexus. Of course there will be folk who'll pay that for a new Lexus( I'm not sure it'll be as many as Lexus think ) but what may well kill this car in Europe is the used value which thru time will put new buyers off too. 

£38-39k for a small premium cross over, no thanks. 

14 minutes ago, skidlid said:

Where in Derbyshire can you do more than 70 mph (legally).

To me overtaking ability is far more important than an irrelevant 0-60 time and a willy waving irrelevant top speed.

Even when the 130 cross comes out, it will help though still would struggle to overtake. On one occasion even with my hatchback it struggle to overtake on a long straight stretch of 60mph road. 

• Like 1

Tisch on auto social just done review on YouTube looks nice in red has bigger Battery than Yaris cross ! Prefer Tisch in skirt and pantyhose 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Mojo1010 said:

Even when the 130 cross comes out, it will help though still would struggle to overtake. On one occasion even with my hatchback it struggle to overtake on a long straight stretch of 60mph road. 

When we test drove the Yaris the acceleration from 30mph to 70mph (without flooring it) was absolutely fine compared to our existing 110 PS Fabia manual. We would not have ordered one if it had not been. The area where the Yaris was way better was the pick up at low speed, its great in the Fabia if you have the correct gear but its easy to be caught in the wrong one when you are concentrating on traffic and you can be left in a position where you would prefer not to be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skidlid said:

Most of my friends drive a collection of nearly 10 year old German badged cars with much bigger power output than my Avensis... and they joke about it being a bus.  But in reality, by the time I get to 100 or more, at least my tyres are fit to cope! Most folks I know with old beaters they bought for the big engines or turbos have the cheapest chinese rubber band technology, fitted to oversized alloys, and I have to wonder what use the power would be on the road with such poor parts!!! 

100% though, long as you can overtake the right people (those actually going vastly under the limit with no good reason!) that's all that matters for an everyday driver on real roads. Those folks are sitting around 40 so even modest powered cars tend to be able to get past safely with a bit of thought 🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SB1500 said:

But in reality, by the time I get to 100 or more,

So is it legal to drive at 100 mph in Londonderry?

I do love that about my Mk4 - The acceleration is so instant I can pull very quick overtakes at will and it's great :biggrin:  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, skidlid said:

So is it legal to drive at 100 mph in Londonderry?

Theoretically, when at such a silly top speed or higher…. What use is the power if it’s running on crap tyres and oversized wheels etc.   versus, a slow car with a lower top speed but running on excellent quality tyres… properly engineered / quality parts.  Not as fast to that speed, but more to be proud of in my opinion.   That’s the point I made. 

same principle applies at any speed really. Nobody ever has any need to drive 100mph, and it’s not legal anywhere on UK public roads just so you know 👀.. It’s a theoretical point. 

if I want to go that fast in my Avensis, I’d have to put my foot down now and expect to get there sometime next week 🤣

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links