Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dealer Servicing issues

Starensis

Had our Yaris serviced last week at dealer to maintain the warranty.

After a 3 hour wait and no wash or valet, they handed it back to me due to my impatience with them. After paying the £229 for intermediate service, I drove home and had a look at the itemised invoice.

My sons and myself have been in the industry for a combined total of 75 years, so we know what goes on at dealers.

Today, I wanted to check if Pollen filter had been replaced - as per invoice. Nope, still filthy and not touched. To make matters worse, I found a bit of broken plastic on the passenger side floor.

This dealer I’ve been using for 3/4 years now has given me nothing but issues. After they replace a parking sensor module next week under warranty, they’re getting no more out of me!

I’ve emailed them to highlight their incompetence, so will see what happens after Bank Holiday.

I’ve also attached a few images of current pollen filter and broken plastic. Fuming!! 😡😡😡

IMG_1110.jpeg

IMG_1111.jpeg

IMG_1112.jpeg

IMG_1113.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 6

Should be reported to Toyota head office (if it'll make any difference!) 🙄

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DaveST said:

I always give the dealer the opportunity to explain and correct the issue, with a bit of compo involved. If we can’t agree, then I do take it to Customer Relations and Dealer Group head office.

As I say, it’s not the first time with this dealer. I use them as I know a few people who work there and local Steven Eagell dealers are just useless. I’m getting pissed off now with Toyota Dealer network.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, DaveST said:

No it won’t, was very unhappy with my 1st service on the Yaris, slated them on the survey but heard nothing back.  Will not use them again and after ordering a new GR86 will now have to drive around 50 miles to a dealer with a good reputation.  It seems that Toyota GB do not care or follow up in situations like this. Brilliant cars, lousy customer care.

• Like 7

@Starensis Did you mention Steven Eagell, then say no more, completely useless.  Had a heated discussion with my Steven Eagell dealer, chap in ridiculous shiny suit with waistcoat, total arrogant **** who thought he was more knowledgeable than everyone else. Talked complete b******s

• Like 8

52 minutes ago, Starensis said:

Had our Yaris serviced last week at dealer to maintain the warranty.

After a 3 hour wait and no wash or valet, they handed it back to me due to my impatience with them. After paying the £229 for intermediate service, I drove home and had a look at the itemised invoice.

My sons and myself have been in the industry for a combined total of 75 years, so we know what goes on at dealers.

Today, I wanted to check if Pollen filter had been replaced - as per invoice. Nope, still filthy and not touched. To make matters worse, I found a bit of broken plastic on the passenger side floor.

This dealer I’ve been using for 3/4 years now has given me nothing but issues. After they replace a parking sensor module next week under warranty, they’re getting no more out of me!

I’ve emailed them to highlight their incompetence, so will see what happens after Bank Holiday.

I’ve also attached a few images of current pollen filter and broken plastic. Fuming!! 😡😡😡

IMG_1110.jpeg

IMG_1111.jpeg

IMG_1112.jpeg

IMG_1113.jpeg

Hi Adam,

If it was me I would look for another dealer if one is available in your area. Really makes you loose hope in ever getting the service you pay for. When you find that parts haven't been replaced but been charged for makes in even worse.

How can you trust a dealer who does this.🤬

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, ISL said:

@Starensis Did you mention Steven Eagell, then say no more, completely useless.  Had a heated discussion with my Steven Eagell dealer, chap in ridiculous shiny suit with waistcoat, total arrogant **** who thought he was more knowledgeable than everyone else. Talked complete b******s

Yep, that’s Steven Eagell!

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Bper said:

Hi Adam,

If it was me I would look for another dealer if one is available in your area. Really makes you loose hope in ever getting the service you pay for. When you find that parts haven't been replaced but been charged for makes in even worse.

How can you trust a dealer who does this.🤬

Had a wheel bearing replaced also with same dealer a month or so ago. Found out later via viewing Dashcam footage, valeter had stolen items out of the car. They apologised and gave us £100 as an apology. They also sacked the Valeter. 

All we have around us are Listers or Steven Eagell dealers. They’re all useless.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

Have already marked the cabin filter on mine. Sad that we may not be able to trust a dealer to do a good servicing job.  IMG_20230731_111825.thumb.jpg.f2256c3ec52e4ee023932cbed24a98e4.jpg

• Like 8

Unfortunately I used Lister to buy the car and Steven for services as they are closer to me, both are bad

Listers Boston - very helpful to sell but be very careful afterwards as the cars are not really checked as they should be 

for me wheel alignment and wheel balanced not done, also raised the issue after not really helping more just tried to get away from the issue

Steven Bishop

Initially helpful but the ladies at the counters are rude all the time and in a hurry to get rid of you after services are done, missing paperwork and no care for you, every time I had to wait 10-15 min to be attended they were “busy” doing other things

Solved my issues with the service manager, but again half as they didn’t update the software for the smart display without me asking so I have to come back again 

Disappointed by the after sale services, I will keep looking for a dealer that really knows how to make long time clients

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Mushu84 said:

Unfortunately I used Lister to buy the car and Steven for services as they are closer to me, both are bad

Listers Boston - very helpful to sell but be very careful afterwards as the cars are not really checked as they should be 

for me wheel alignment and wheel balanced not done, also raised the issue after not really helping more just tried to get away from the issue

Steven Bishop

Initially helpful but the ladies at the counters are rude all the time and in a hurry to get rid of you after services are done, missing paperwork and no care for you, every time I had to wait 10-15 min to be attended they were “busy” doing other things

Solved my issues with the service manager, but again half as they didn’t update the software for the smart display without me asking so I have to come back again 

Disappointed by the after sale services, I will keep looking for a dealer that really knows how to make long time clients

Finding one you can trust is like looking for the Holy Grail!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, DaveST said:

100%! Don't waste your time further complaining to the dealer and expedite the complaint to corporate.

It is a common problem with clueless service workers (Not just Toyota franchises )snapping off pollen filter covers thinking owners wont notice.

Dealers are nothing more than fancy franchises and probably deal with other brands so (some not all) couldn't really care less about maintaining a good image of the brand BUT Toyota corporate obviously DO and take things like this very seriously. They could potentially take corrective action on rouge dealers as their conduct can damage Toyotas reputation..

This is where Toyota excel over other brands, they do take complaints very seriously but customers need to get in contact and communicate their grievances to them..

Toyota GB complaints - https://www.toyota.co.uk/help-centre/complaints-and-feedback

• Like 9

I used Vantage Toyota Morecambe for my first service  and i was impressed,  i booked a courtesy car as it was a major service and went into town to do a bit of shopping,  a couple of hours later i returned to find my car was ready and clean and they didn't try to sell me anything i didn't need (as i have read some do)  i will use them again.

New & Used Toyota Cars for Sale | Vantage Toyota Morecambe

• Like 5

I had same 2 years back , complained via email also said how do we know if they changed the oil filter , I was happy it had fresh oil in it , so they had it back in for another service whilst I watch through the customer window 

• Like 6

If honesty and service was more important then profit then we wouldn't have to.😡

• Like 9

6 hours ago, Hybrid21 said:

Most people don't check their car after a service 😳

I always used to check fluid levels after a main dealer service. My oil was once so overfilled, I asked if I'd been charged for the extra and if I could return it for a refund. I don't think they had a sense of humour!

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

I always check how clean the oil is before & after a service then again after a few miles just in case the filter is slightly on the slack side and loosing oil its one happend to me but it was a Ford main dealer with a company car so one bitten twice shy.

• Like 4

Once upon a time, I used to check water, oil and screen  wash levels before I put it forward to the dealership for servicing.  Now that I have a comprehensive service plan with Toyota, I now leave it all to them.  I don’t expect any charges for topping up fluid or oil levels and if I did so, Toyota would be on receiving end of one of my famous strongly worded letters.  

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Derek.w said:

I always check how clean the oil is before & after a service then again after a few miles just in case the filter is slightly on the slack side and loosing oil its one happend to me but it was a Ford main dealer with a company car so one bitten twice shy.

I used to think Toyota dealers were head and shoulders above Ford dealers - not sure any more!

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Jimota said:

Once upon a time, I used to check water, oil and screen  wash levels before I put it forward to the dealership for servicing.  Now that I have a comprehensive service plan with Toyota, I now leave it all to them.  I don’t expect any charges for topping up fluid or oil levels and if I did so, Toyota would be on receiving end of one of my famous strongly worded letters.  

Strongly worded email sent already! 👍

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Starensis said:

I used to think Toyota dealers were head and shoulders above Ford dealers - not sure any more!

Well speaking as an ex ford owner I can assure you that isn’t the case, my first ford was bought through a broker and I had to travel to Guildford to pick it up, I used a local  ford dealer, a small family run business and they were excellent, so much so, I bought a new fiesta from them, it didn’t start well as Ford cocked up the order, and missed off the reverse sensors, I was compensated however, my next ford was a puma bought from lookers of Harrogate, an ex demo 1st edition which I got an excellent deal on, this dealer closed down unfortunately, but , no bother as I would use the local family one, well, they seemed to be totally different to how they used to be, so I switched to lookers Leeds, which, to be fair we’re excellent, the ford puma and fiesta forums were full of similar stories of indifference and apathy from their dealers and people who found good ones tended to stick with them, we bought our cross from vantage York whom we’ve used in the past, we ended up having an argument with the service manager, regarding our Yaris gearbox, ( hence moving to ford) so we took it to Leeds ( forget the name, but I think it’s now part of the vantage group) they were excellent, although it helped they also did Lexus, I’ve never understood why any dealer regardless of brand, treat their customers with such contempt, in some cases, I’m not a business man, but even I know that treating your customers properly and with respect, would see them returning time after time…

• Like 5

All we’re after is honesty and to carry out our repairs to the standard set. It’s not difficult.

I found Lexus dealers to be best around: as you’ve eluded to, they’re part of Toyota and their standards should pass down to Toyota.

I’m really struggling now to find a dealer I can trust within West Midlands.

• Like 3

I used the supplying dealer for the first five services, until the warranty expired. Yes, it's not necessary to use one to maintain warranty - but.

I caught them out a few times, missing minor items. Like Mojo I do mark components or do things which indicate whether they have been accessed/checked.

On the last service at almost 5 years since registration they reported an engine rear main seal leak which was estimated at £700+ to renew. When it was pointed out the car still had a couple of weeks warranty left and should be covered by that - a rear main seal at less than 30k miles, really?, they dragged their "Master Technician" out from under a rock  who confirmed no leak, there wasn't or isn't still.

Not graced their glass palace since.

How did you react afterwards? 

I think I would of told tell straight that they are ripping me off and make a complaint to Toyota GB. 

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links