Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dealer Servicing issues

Starensis

6 hours ago, Primus1 said:

I’ve never understood why any dealer regardless of brand, treat their customers with such contempt, in some cases, I’m not a business man, but even I know that treating your customers properly and with respect, would see them returning time after time…

Well said. This is exactly why I travel twice the distance to my current Toyota Dealer, rather than use my local one, only a few miles away.

• Like 3

In use Vantage Preston and have no complaints always very professional.

• Like 3

Our local Marshall Toyota has become a Steven Eagell 😞

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, marlot said:

Our local Marshall Toyota has become a Steven Eagell 😞

Same here, both Hereford and Worcester. 

• Like 1

We used to have Arnold Clark up here, but they lost their Toyota franchise  😕

• Like 2

On 8/28/2023 at 5:09 PM, ICF said:

In use Vantage Preston and have no complaints always very professional.

Same here at Morecambe.

• Like 3

Update - phone call today to state they had definitely changed it and could prove it.

I’ve just sent a video of all the crap within it. The saga continues……

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 5

Normally the denso pollen and air filters are bright white yours in the first photos are either well used or the charcoal ones 

• Like 3

England probably has the worst car service from all eu countries. It’s beyond imagination and expectations a main dealer who represents a car manufacturers brands to act like that. If me won’t even buy a spares from these cowboys. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

I’ve already informed them, once this has been resolved, they won’t be seeing me again!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Starensis said:

I’ve already informed them, once this has been resolved, they won’t be seeing me again!

And sadly, they will not care. If more customers followed suit they might take notice.

A bit like receiving poor service from a bank, supermarket, closing your account and shopping elsewhere will have no impact whatsoever. That is, until many more don't accept being taken for granted and take their custom elesewhere, en masse.

20 minutes ago, olonas said:

And sadly, they will not care. If more customers followed suit they might take notice.

A bit like receiving poor service from a bank, supermarket, closing your account and shopping elsewhere will have no impact whatsoever. That is, until many more don't accept being taken for granted and take their custom elesewhere, en masse.

Unfortunately, many don’t or can’t check what they’ve supposed to have done.

They bank on customers not having a clue!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Starensis said:

Ironically, that means that it's not worth extending any goodwill to you.

But I hope they do the right thing anyway.

• Like 5

When I had my issues, I told them they were being short sighted. If I took my business elsewhere, they would lose out on the new three service costs on my car. They would also lose out on any services required by my Good Lady's Yaris (another three, perhaps four services and MOT), and the same work for my son and his Aygo.

My Dealer was brilliant. They have resolved all y issues, and we have now built up a good relationship. 

It's always worth putting it in terms they understand - Profit (or loss thereof)

• Like 9

4 hours ago, marlot said:

Ironically, that means that it's not worth extending any goodwill to you.

But I hope they do the right thing anyway.

Nothing ironic about it. It’s all been reported with pictures and videos. If I choose not to take my cars to them again, it’s not a reason to ignore an issue of theft and incompetence.

• Like 3

I suggest a call to Trading Standards. That might make them move.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, YarisHybrid2016 said:

I suggest a call to Trading Standards. That might make them move.

Already stated it will be their DP, Toyota CR, then Trading Standards.

• Like 3

I must say, I thought the dealer I bought my current Yaris from was good/not bad, until I started to go to the dealer I now use and ordered my new car from. The "new" dealer is on the ball, and raised issues with my car that were never mentioned previously.

The way they present information, and are pro-active, is also very welcome. I know there is the agenda of trying to sell stuff, but they do also seem to actually care.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, YarisHybrid2016 said:

I must say, I thought the dealer I bought my current Yaris from was good/not bad, until I started to go to the dealer I now use and ordered my new car from. The "new" dealer is on the ball, and raised issues with my car that were never mentioned previously.

The way they present information, and are pro-active, is also very welcome. I know there is the agenda of trying to sell stuff, but they do also seem to actually care.

What a novelty! A dealer who cares. 

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, YarisHybrid2016 said:

It's nice to see some dealers still operate in a way where they put the customer first. It's service like this that keeps us coming back. 

I remember going on a course many years ago, where we were told that it was easier to retain a customer than it was to find a new one. If I remember correctly, the cost of getting a new customer was something in the region of 10:1, in other words it would cost £1000.00 to get a new customer, but only £100.00 to retain an existing one (these figures are random, to explain the 10:1 point).

• Like 4

Just now, Big_D said:

It's nice to see some dealers still operate in a way where they put the customer first. It's service like this that keeps us coming back. 

I remember going on a course many years ago, where we were told that it was easier to retain a customer than it was to find a new one. If I remember correctly, the cost of getting a new customer was something in the region of 10:1, in other words it would cost £1000.00 to get a new customer, but only £100.00 to retain an existing one (these figures are random, to explain the 10:1 point).

My (excellent) dealer where I used to live did a deal each November.  You'd be invited in, and your car would get a wash and vacuum in return for you spending 30 mins with the salesman.  They reckoned it was great for retaining customers.  For the modest cost of a couple of valeters for the weekend.  Especially as November was otherwise quiet for both sales and valeting.

• Like 3

Now, that's good marketing !!

I too have an excellent Dealer. Hats off to Basingstoke Toyota.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, marlot said:

My (excellent) dealer where I used to live did a deal each November.  You'd be invited in, and your car would get a wash and vacuum in return for you spending 30 mins with the salesman.  They reckoned it was great for retaining customers.  For the modest cost of a couple of valeters for the weekend.  Especially as November was otherwise quiet for both sales and valeting.

I don't receive them now, but I used to receive constant "selected customer" invitations to an invitation only event where there would be special prices and discounts for past customers. No general public allowed during the weekend event.

I often wondered whether any potential new or not invited purchasers would be sent on their way? I doubt it. If that was the case though, that's no way to attract new buyers. I suspect it was all sales b.s..

19 hours ago, Big_D said:

And I think it's every individual who gets lousy service tells about a dozen others while those that get good service tell 2 or 3.

Given that I expect that these figures are very well known to those who's job it is to know such stuff what on earth is going on at the sharp end?

Maybe that's why I like dealing with (very) small businesses - the sharp end is the folks that own/run it so it's absolutely in their best interest while "big" business is run by bean counters who are just after the bottom line and will do pretty much anything to shave off a little bit of cost on a little bit of the business to a massively disproportionate  detriment of the whole.

Andy.

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links