Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

12V Accessory Socket Fuse

dannyboy413

A couple of weeks ago, I noticed that my Dashcam was not working, neither were the 12v accessory sockets in the dash and boot. The Dashcam is powered by a piggy back fuse into the 12v accessory fuse in the fusebox under the glovebox. I checked the fuses which were all okay. As I was going to be near the dealers the following day, I rang them and was told to bring the car in. This I duly did, a bloke came out to the car with his multimeter thingy and said it was just a poor earth. 🤫. When I got back home I remade the earth connection and the Dashcam now works fine, but, the 12v accessory sockets still do not work! As the fuses in the fuse box under the glove box are intact, is there another fuse somewhere that covers the accessory sockets, or should I be looking at something else? It is not critical, but if something should work, I like it to work. 🙂

• Like 1

Next step use a Meter on 20 volts DC to check for a voltage but cover with insulation tape most of the one going to the center pin as you dont want it to short out on the earthed side wall of the socket.

If no voltage remove your piggy back connector and replace it with a fuse directly into fuse board.

@Derek.w I am pretty certain that I have tried removing the piggy back and replacing it with a single fuse, but that did not work. However, I will double check tomorrow and then try the multimeter. Thanks.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links