Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Instruments Backlight

DVD_Boost

Hi guys,

How does the instruments backlight intensity is to set up?

It's written in the manual that is to do with the same button for "Trip reset", but how exactly? Is it potenciometer you have to turn or a joystik type or whatever else could be? I am asking because I have tried every possible movements of my Reset button but I didn't succeeded to regulate the backlight. The knop is very slackened if I try to turn it and I'm afraid that if it's a potenciometer, it's already broken.

The car is brand new Avensis D4D Wagon.

Thanks in advance.

If it's the same as in the old avensis, then you need to have the total mileage shown on the LCD, then keep your finger depressed on the trip button and a row of lines will apppear where the mileage is normally shown, keep your finger on it and the lines will go from left to right varying brightness.

Ensure that you do this whilst the total mileage is shown, otherwise you'll just keep resetting your trips.

Hi again,

Just a report. The problem is solved.

We have in Norway an option of the car called 'Light On Driving' - we drive with headlights ON all the time-not just in the night. I do not think about that I have to strat the lights, because it's done by a special relay, originaly mounted in the car.

It's written in the handbook that you have the function of instruments backlight adjustment on the same button as the 'Trip reset'. It's written also that it works only when the lights are ON. OK - I had the lights ON and then the button just jump over this function. The problem is that I have the lights ON by this additional relay, I've told above.

When I turn the lights manualy ON by the headlights switch, then I have the function of backlight adjustment just fine.

Funny, isn't it?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links