Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MyToyota new app

simond64

I got a notification from the old MyT app to move to MyToyota app, took some finding, this new app has a black logo, appears to have been cleaned up rather than any new features. Made me reactivate the connected services, had to restart the app to see those services. 
I have a MY23 TS. 

Same here. Have to see if it is any better than the last app 🤞🤞🤞🤞

Moved to the Toyota MyT/Toyota apps forum.

New app loaded successfully but curiously it only shows trips made in 2022.

Loaded OK and picked up my latest trip from Sunday. Seems a bit less glitchy than the previous version but not a lot of difference in functionality 

I updated and logged into the new app this morning, however, this evening when trying to login using biometrics I got "can't sign you in - try later" I tried on the old MyT app and got a similar message, so tried on my PC exactly the same. I even reset the app and it won't even show the login screen.

It looks like there is an issue ATM.

• Like 1

Today I was told by Toyota a new MyT Toyota app is coming out at the end of next month so thats November/23.

• Like 1

So I deliberately did not lock the doors after driving to test the notification on the new app, after 5 or more mins, it still did not send a push message to my phone. 

5 minutes ago, scabad said:

I updated and logged into the new app this morning, however, this evening when trying to login using biometrics I got "can't sign you in - try later" I tried on the old MyT app and got a similar message, so tried on my PC exactly the same. I even reset the app and it won't even show the login screen.

It looks like there is an issue ATM.

Just attempted to login through chrome on my phone - same issue just a different failure message

"Looks like something went wrong. Please retry after some time."

4 minutes ago, scabad said:

Just attempted to login through chrome on my phone - same issue just a different failure message

"Looks like something went wrong. Please retry after some time."

Same here, only updated to the new app earlier this evening, glad to know it’s not just me.

• Like 2

Oh dear. The new app worked earlier, but goes into a login loop and craps out now.

IMG_0024.thumb.jpeg.c7adef4e4abe409cca8796486cb7b460.jpeg

• Like 1

The My Toyota website Customer Portal is the same. Impossible to log in.  Let's hope some of the backroom staff are sorting it all out, because its a bit of a mess!  Thankfully the cars are more reliable than the app and the website!

It appears that the gremlins have been sorted, hopefully it'll continue to work as it should 👍

New app, same as before for me. Hasn't got a clue where the car is, can't check if the car is locked or turn on the air conditioning remotely and the app gives error messages. The old app worked about 10 percent of the time for me. 4 month old corolla ts. Was expecting and hoping for better from Toyota. Seems especially bad if you live in an area with less than perfect phone reception. 

• Sad 1

Main difference for me is that instead of a single tick showing everything is locked I now get a full breakdown window by window, door by door, bonnet, boot etc. Given that I can't remotely do anything if a window or door was open / unlocked, I'm not really sure of the benefit.

Well after using the new MyToyota App for about a month and downloading the update yesterday the App is totally bricked. Won’t eve load ! Just a white screen.

This is most frustrating I would have expected something a bit better from Toyota, as someone else said it’s just as well the cars are more reliable than the App  🙄

15 hours ago, Corolla Mike. said:

Same here. Have to see if it is any better than the last app 🤞🤞🤞🤞

Having struggled with the old MyT app ever since getting my Rav4 PHEV back in '21 (I even got my 'head unit' updated as they told me that was the problem with connection problems), I was *really* hoping this would:

1. Finally fix the comms with the car so that I can remote start aircon reliably either directly or through the scheduler - it doesn't. 

2. open up the additional functionality our American/European friends have had since day one (remote start, lock/unlock etc) - it doesn't. 

So, we have been forced to update to a new app, with a flaky login, no new functionality, and no fixes to the existing bugs/features in the old version. What's the point?

One 'new' thing I have seen is on the connected service centre page it now lists the standard and remote services options under a top heading of Trial Services  is this why we are not getting any of the good stuff?

Well, after the total shambles yesterday with the app not working at all (along with the MyToyota customer portal on the website) it all seems to be fixed again.  My Corolla didn't recognise me though, and had to login once more.  At least the cars are reliable!  The app still needs some work though. The "where to" screen needs to change the title to "Where's my car".

Just installed the new app.  My RAV4 is on there, but apparently all the doors are unlocked and the tailgate is not only unlocked but open.... None of that is the case.  Previously my wife's Yaris was accessible on the app as well, and now I can't even register it - apparently the reg number can't be found.  Strange that, as it's correct.  No old trips are showing. 

This is dreadful!

The app wasn't working last night, and I had the same "number plate not recognised" problem, but it's sorted now; that's if you can call being rather unreliable "sorted"! 😉

I was excited when I downloaded the new app and it showed a screen of being able to start the heating/ac while away from the car…. Only to find out that my Corolla 2020 doesn’t support it. Would have been great for this winter to get heating on 10 mins before I get in when I have early starts. 

all downloaded ok but where has 'where's my car' gone? 'Where to' gives a rough idea on a map, whereas the old app, which is still working, gives a complete address?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links