Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MyToyota new app

simond64

Glad to see others are having issues with the ‘new’ app. Thought it was just me. Old app worked fine until a few weeks ago. I tried to send a route destination to car but it wouldn’t send. Got message today to update to ‘new’ app. Downloaded it, logged in ok but just would not connect to car. Deleted car from app and added again as new car. Recognised my car but will not allow me access to any connected services. Information (mileage, service history etc) seems to have stopped updating 2 months ago - August 4th to be precise. Think this is disgusting service when purchasing a top of the range model. It is booked for a service in a couple of weeks might mention it then. In the past I’ve found the dealership clueless about multimedia and internet problems

On 10/30/2023 at 8:47 PM, Empty Sea said:

New app loaded successfully but curiously it only shows trips made in 2022.

Amazing.  Mine only shows trips on the last 4 weeks  

15 hours ago, 50p said:

all downloaded ok but where has 'where's my car' gone? 'Where to' gives a rough idea on a map, whereas the old app, which is still working, gives a complete address?

Yup. Another improvement. 

There was another that I think put the lights on as well as the flashers. Now just the flashers.   Maybe all the lights would kill the Battery after 2 weeks at an airport.

7 hours ago, Roy124 said:

Amazing.  Mine only shows trips on the last 4 weeks  

Just checked, I now have historic trip data.  I could get back to Dec 22 data.  It means I can now compare data over 12 months but not compare against the same month last year

I have now migrated across to the new Mt Toyota app dont delete old app until this action is completed.

I just checked and can start 31/Oct can go back to September thats as far as I checked.

Note no info on todats trips and that was 4 hours ago for the last one.

I miss the weekly monthly options.

Regarding my data,  I get the full day by day data back to December.   I agree I miss the month by month display. 

• Like 1

One 'advantage' of the new version of the app is that you can delete your current details in the app and start the registration process again. To state the obvious, it's important that the email address you use in the app is the same one as registered in the car. While you can change the email log in, in the app, it does not appear to be very straightforward to change the registered email for the car.

One downside to the new app is that the trip history is no longer available via a web browser and you can no longer export trip history for external analysis.

Otherwise all seems to be working for me.

Not been able to log in for the last couple of days just getting a flashing screen then goes blank - Oh Dear 😡

3 minutes ago, Basil-BarryC said:

Not been able to log in for the last couple of days just getting a flashing screen then goes blank - Oh Dear 😡

Just signed in after re-entering username & password and guess what it logged straight in ?

I give up ! 😀

Can anyone tell me how to send a location remotely from the App directly to the car for the Toyota sat nav

TIA

So mine is working again after resetting the password. Did not changed the password, so it's a software glitch. 

16 minutes ago, Mojo1010 said:

So mine is working again after resetting the password. Did not changed the password, so it's a software glitch. 

Yesterday I had to log in again as it had logged me out as a security measure.

Not sure why that was necessary.   It was hard enough to set up in the first place.

5 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

Yesterday I had to log in again as it had logged me out as a security measure.

Not sure why that was necessary.   It was hard enough to set up in the first place.

Were you having repeated password gesses?. That can log you out of many a computer system.

I can’t even sign in to mine now. The sign in screen just flashes and glitches.

10 hours ago, Derek.w said:

Were you having repeated password gesses?. That can log you out of many a computer system.

No, though as I use fingerprint, maybe

• Like 1

On 10/30/2023 at 10:52 PM, Mister Mike said:

Oh dear. The new app worked earlier, but goes into a login loop and craps out now.

IMG_0024.thumb.jpeg.c7adef4e4abe409cca8796486cb7b460.jpeg

I had to force log-out and log in again. Face ID would not work on iOS and entered a log-on loop and then just failed. It now seems to work, but is glitchy. Once logged in though, it seems to work as normal.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Basil-BarryC said:

Just signed in after re-entering username & password and guess what it logged straight in ?

I give up ! 😀

Can anyone tell me how to send a location remotely from the App directly to the car for the Toyota sat nav

TIA

It's not possible with the new-fangled MyToyota app (though I think it was with the former MyT app).  What is confusing is the "Where to?" tab on my version, which should be renamed as "Where's my car?"

For navigation I just use Android Auto.

• Like 1

I just use google maps on my iPhone wake up phone from memory map not open then hay presto when its connected to cars usb port the map appears on car screen.

Note if iPhone is in energy saving mode/sleep mode  it will not reconize when its connected to car.

MyToyota app worked today but its second download was slow in updating to the phone like seven hours slow.

O dear here we go again, i haven`t tried it yet having had all the problems you guys are having last time it was updated.

4 minutes ago, Paul john said:

Working fine for me

I think that’s the main problem the APP seems so patchy, when it’s working it’s ok when it doesn’t it’s a right Faff

Seems to affect some members more than others, it’s just a very bug ridden App and you would expect something a bit more polished and reliable from Toyota 

Yet another IOS MyToyota update available to download this morning ver 2.2.2 apparently bug fixes ? Let’s hope it cures some of the many problems 

Edited by Basil-BarryC
Spellcheck error

Seems to be a lot better since update to new app. Logged all journeys so far, position correct as well. DCM update being bone with service next week, see how it goes. 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links