Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MyToyota new app

simond64

On 11/21/2023 at 6:15 PM, Roy124 said:

I am at version 2.4.1

Now at

Version 2.4.2(221) PRODUCTION

That latter word,  if new, seems to suggest they are happy with it.

I still have to refresh my screen 

I still find Send to Car is only working on Home, Work, and Favourites.   However although I have a destination in each category I can't remember how I did it.

Then I can input a destination  and have it sent to car it does not show a map of routes, distances  or times.  While that will be available in the car it might be useful to know how long the journey will will take.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the dumb question, but what's the difference between those apps? MyT with the red logo is older version and has been replaced by MyToyota with the black app logo? My dealer not even mentioned the one with black logo, - they asked me to install MyT - the red one. Is the MyToyota UK only maybe? Is there any difference between those two? ... I see MyToyota had its last update at PlayStore nov 23 2023, and MyT got its update dec 18, 2023 - so they support both apps? Makes no sense to me... 

3 minutes ago, DaumantasK said:

I see MyToyota had its last update at PlayStore nov 23 2023

Is the one you need, it's international. They are similar apps, somethings I liked better with MyT (notably, the annual profile), but overall I like MyToyota better.

1 minute ago, Stopeter44 said:

Is the one you need, it's international. They are similar apps, somethings I liked better with MyT (notably, the annual profile), but overall I like MyToyota better.

Is there any functional benefits with MyToyota that would make me change apps?

Good question, with a Rav4 maybe so, it strikes me that you can control more functions of your car, if compatible, via MyToyota. With my Yaris, it's marginal.

Had our RAW 4 PHEV on the first service after the new app uppdate and...

This is the first time I was able to get contact with MyT app direct after service.

Is this common with the new app?

On 1/19/2024 at 11:47 AM, Stopeter44 said:

Good question, with a Rav4 maybe so, it strikes me that you can control more functions of your car, if compatible, via MyToyota. With my Yaris, it's marginal.

Same here. Info available in the app is not transmitted by old Mk4 Yaris's. 

Just reflecting,  I can't remember the last time I had an issue with MyT.

There is a glitch but refreshing the page always clears it.

Problem is that some info from early mk4 yaris's is not transmitted to the new app. Range for example is not but fuel percentage is! 

Just had a browse through all the Tabs on the App.  If you discard those things it used to do, what it does do all seem to work.  A glitch reported previously seems to have been corrected without an apparent version update.

I did find many more Tabs in the FAQ section that were quite illuminating including what you do not get unless you have Smart Connect.

Well worth a new read.

On 1/24/2024 at 11:41 AM, Roy124 said:

Just had a browse through all the Tabs on the App.  If you discard those things it used to do, what it does do all seem to work.  A glitch reported previously seems to have been corrected without an apparent version update.

I did find many more Tabs in the FAQ section that were quite illuminating including what you do not get unless you have Smart Connect.

Well worth a new read.

Agreed! 

• Like 1

First glitch in long time.   This morning it 'found' my car 2 miles away 🙂

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

The latest App 2.6.1 (240) Production is working well.  Just used it to book a Service based on the predicted Service due date.  Was able to chose the Service, the date, the time slot, and options such as a hire car, or wait.  The service should take 2hr.  Bargain price at £157.50/hr 🤑

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone had the Toyota App “unregister” their car? Happened to me 48 hours after I got it , and I’ve seen a few posts on social media saying the same 🤷‍♂️

It happened to me a couple of days after I had taken delivery and I lost all the location data from the factory to the dealer and from the dealer to the PDI centre etc. I assume it was the dealership getting rid of any potentially embarrassing data.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links