Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MyToyota new app

simond64

One observation to add, once after having moved the car and the my phone was not on me, it did the blue terms and conditions prompt that I did not accept. After that, the app could not update the state of the car or operate the remote functions. Once I went back to the car with my phone so it recognized me and after that it was working as before. I also noticed that at times it takes a long time until the journeys show up in the app but eventually they all do.

45 minutes ago, Lasser Drakar said:

. I also noticed that at times it takes a long time until the journeys show up in the app but eventually they all do.

And sometimes it is fast.  Yesterday trip 1 appeared long after 2-5.  Today both arrived quite soon after my trips.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Roy124 said:

And sometimes it is fast.  Yesterday trip 1 appeared long after 2-5.  Today both arrived quite soon after my trips.

My first two journeys still haven't shown up after 10 hours

Just tried to turn on my car heater via the App.  It kept reporting an error. 

I then sent a lock command which it did locking the car.

I then turned on the climate control.  Very sensible as if unlocked the car would be running and open.   However I am not aware if this is in the manual. 

• Sad 2

Yet again scabad, proof that this app now is pure junk. I wonder if anyone is listening at Toyota Europe. 

• Like 1

Yet Another IOS MyToyota update available to download this morning ver 2.3.1 apparently yet more minor bug fixes ? Let’s hope it cures some of the many ongoing problems

• Thanks 1

Scabad, agree, thank you.

And to answer the Android question, yes it is updated.

And no, trip data was displayed as an empty box.  On refresh even that disappeared. 

IMHO that is a major  part of the App.

At least while they a b*****g about it means they are actively attempting to do it.

• Like 2

Hope they pay attention to the android app too. Let us know how it goes. 

41 minutes ago, Nixy said:

Yet again scabad, proof that this app now is pure junk. I wonder if anyone is listening at Toyota Europe. 

I really struggle to understand how things can go so wrong in such a short period of time. Yesterday it was showing two out of four journeys, and as I said I got a "There is a server error, please try later" when I tried a voice command to set a Sat Nav destination.
If the problem is  that the server cannot keep up with demand then withdraw the service completely or invest in the infrastructure to make sure it does work, and work correctly.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Basil-BarryC said:

Yet Another IOS MyToyota update available to download this morning ver 2.3.1 apparently yet more minor bug fixes ? Let’s hope it cures some of the many ongoing problems

I use android and we have been on 2.3.2, which was updated on the 9 Nov 2023.

8 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

How do you find the version?

If you press and hold on the icon and then press info (a little i in a circle) scroll down to the bottom and you will see the version number.

The new app use the same user credentials as MyT but has none of my registered vehicles. That to me is a non-starter right there. If it can't tap in to the existing system, it should say so and explain why. This just seems like a hobby project by someone at Toyota and I won't bother. 

When compared to apps from the likes of BMW, Toyota/Lexus is so far behind. They should really take note and put some effort behind this.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, APS said:

The new app use the same user credentials as MyT but has none of my registered vehicles. That to me is a non-starter right there. If it can't tap in to the existing system, it should say so and explain why. This just seems like a hobby project by someone at Toyota and I won't bother. 

When compared to apps from the likes of BMW, Toyota/Lexus is so far behind. They should really take note and put some effort behind this.

How right u are. 

31 minutes ago, scabad said:

If you press and hold on the icon and then press info (a little i in a circle) scroll down to the bottom and you will see the version number.

2.3.2, ty, had to be quick tho 🙂

Tried version 2.3.2. All my journeys are missing. It's still a mess. Tired of it all.  Deinstalling app now and will check it out again after the holidays. Good luck to you all. 

Nixy, step back a moment.  

What does the working App actually do for you that is useful?

Lock car remotely- nice to have

Turn on climate control -nice to have

Tell you where your  car is - huge car park after a holiday,  yes, provided the Battery hasn't died. 

Flash the hazards - as above, yes.

Track your Service - unless you are a numpty, no.

Driver analytics - novelty value,  a value decreased by removing month by month on screen comparison. 

Did you need it before, no?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, APS said:

When the initial change over happened a few weeks ago my car transfered ok, since then it's all gone down hill.

16 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

Nixy, step back a moment.  

What does the working App actually do for you that is useful?

Lock car remotely- nice to have

Turn on climate control -nice to have

Tell you where your  car is - huge car park after a holiday,  yes, provided the battery hasn't died. 

Flash the hazards - as above, yes.

Track your Service - unless you are a numpty, no.

Driver analytics - novelty value,  a value decreased by removing month by month on screen comparison. 

Did you need it before, no?

Roy124. Agreed. Non of the above are deal breakers. But if they do it, should do it right. Agreed? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, scabad said:

When the initial change over happened a few weeks ago my car transfered ok, since then it's all gone down hill.

Update
I've just checked the app again, and my overview/trips section is now visible, however once again my first trip from 07:15 this morning isn't there.

As @Roy124 and @Nixy I think this is going be be an on going thing for quite sometime.

Havn´t changed/updated MyT yet.

Seems to be a lot of "buggs" in the new version.

Anyone here who knows for how long the old version will work. (I´m living in Sweden)

Think it maybe best to wait as long as possible before updating and hope they sorted out the buggs

2 minutes ago, HSDish said:

Havn´t changed/updated MyT yet.

Seems to be a lot of "buggs" in the new version.

Anyone here who knows for how long the old version will work. (I´m living in Sweden)

Think it maybe best to wait as long as possible before updating and hope they sorted out the buggs

I have a MY23 Corolla and the old MyT app won't work at all, it forces me to use the new app here in the UK

If you can stay with the old one - I would.

• Thanks 1

I have a RAV 4 PHEV 2020 and MyT says it will stop working "soon"

I´ll talk to my local Toyota dealer/garage to morrow

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links