Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MyToyota new app

simond64

Where we live had a frost this morning.

I used the remote function to switch on the heating to defrost the car, I then went out in the car everything seemed to be fine the about 1½ miles into the journey I got a notification requiring me to login again.

Another bug to he sorted out by Toyota.

15 minutes ago, scabad said:

Where we live had a frost this morning.

I used the remote function to switch on the heating to defrost the car, I then went out in the car everything seemed to be fine the about 1½ miles into the journey I got a notification requiring me to login again.

Another bug to he sorted out by Toyota.

Think this has already been discussed in the  “bz4x software bugs, update and OTA” thread

The trick seems to be to switch off the remote heating before you enter the car, not tried yet myself but I used the heat & defrost and entered the car without switching off first and received the same constant login warning on a long drive😡

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Basil-BarryC said:

Think this has already been discussed in the  “bz4x software bugs, update and OTA” thread

The trick seems to be to switch off the remote heating before you enter the car, not tried yet myself but I used the heat & defrost and entered the car without switching off first and received the same constant login warning on a long drive😡

Thanks for the tip, not sure if this makes any sense, I let the car run for ten minutes and it switched off automatically before I got in and still got the login screen, will try switching off before it gets to the end of the cycle next time and keep you updated.

• Like 1

Yet Another IOS MyToyota update available to download this morning ver 2.4 apparently yet more minor bug fixes ?

We have a 2020 RAV4 PHEV and in the older MyT app we was able to se the Hybrid Coach results for more than a year back but it dosent seem to be possible int the new app. I really miss that function

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, HSDish said:

We have a 2020 RAV4 PHEV and in the older MyT app we was able to se the Hybrid Coach results for more than a year back but it dosent seem to be possible int the new app. I really miss that function

In Overview for trips it will show Nov 2023. Click that and you can chose any month to Dec 2022.  What has changed is the yearly graphic showing month by month.

I have just updated the App.  My last journey was displayed within 10 minutes.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Roy124 said:

In Overview for trips it will show Nov 2023. Click that and you can chose any month to Dec 2022.  What has changed is the yearly graphic showing month by month.

I have just updated the App.  My last journey was displayed within 10 minutes.

I have checked that but 2022 arn`t "clickable". Just dec. 2022.

How/where did You updated the MyT app ?

( can´t find it . do I have to unregister/delete the current app ? )

20 minutes ago, HSDish said:

I have checked that but 2022 arn`t "clickable". Just dec. 2022.

How/where did You updated the MyT app ?

( can´t find it . do I have to unregister/delete the current app ? )

Dec 2022 is as far back as you can go.  Come Dec you can go to Jan 2023.  That is no further back than the original.   Unlike the original there is no monthly bar chart for the year. 

For the latest version just go to Play Store.   Mine is set to Auto but sometimes,  like this time, I have to do it manually.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Roy124 said:

Dec 2022 is as far back as you can go.  Come Dec you can go to Jan 2023.  That is no further back than the original.   Unlike the original there is no monthly bar chart for the year. 

For the latest version just go to Play Store.   Mine is set to Auto but sometimes,  like this time, I have to do it manually.

Thanks again.

I´ve updated now.

But...

We bought our RAV 4 PHEV 2020 in feb. 2021 and we could see all "Hybrid Coach" info. back to that date in the former MyT app

I think toyota is not really interested in providing the same level of service for it's 2020 cars as it does for the 2022 and 2023 model cars. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, scabad said:

Version 2.41 on Android has just come through.

Is that the same version as Roy124 refere to above, or is it newer

44 minutes ago, HSDish said:

Not sure TBH, my phone only notified me this afternoon

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, HSDish said:

I am at version 2.4.1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Several times I have  had an error has occurred. 

I clicked one of the tabs and got to Add Vehicle.   I swiped the App and everything appeared.   My two trips 2 hours ago have yet to appear.   From recent performance this is slow. 

• Sad 1

Just had an alert,  a door open.  It was, I went and shut it.  I then used the App to lock it.

The App now reports  Locked, Open!

I am on version 2.4.0 using a iPhone and its still buggy no range info but it worked on th old MyT.

Tried leaving doors unlocked for 30 minutes no notifcation.

Trip updates if takes 5 minutes or it can take all day to update.

You can force a update by logging out and then back in!.

Another IOS MyToyota update available to download this morning ver 2.4.2 yet more minor bug fixes ? 

Updated my app last night and this morning the remote climate was awol. Not great on a frosty morning with a nursery run!

I never ever had missing trips in the Corolla on the old app but on the new app the last few days and numerous trips are missing.

IF the app can work correctly its useful but I feel its patched together and quite buggy...

I've update mine and the Wife's MyToyota apps to the new version. Haven't used the cars since then so, I can't comment any further. But, her Yaris still shows the remote start (which my C-HR doesn't have)

I recently upgraded from MyT to MyToyota a few days ago, and since then, the navigation system in my RAV4 MY23 has ceased functioning, displaying a message stating that "Smart services" are not enabled. The MyToyota app, however, shows that these services are indeed enabled. This week, I plan to visit my local dealer to discuss this issue with them. Although I am confident that this problem may require a remote fix based on the VIN or a similar identifier, but they force me to come.

Has anyone else encountered this issue?

One more question, since my wife and I occasionally share this car, is it possible to have MyToyota enabled for both of us?

This is mainly in terms of receiving notifications, such as alerts for unlocked doors, and utilizing remote start functionalities. So far, any attempts I've made have led to the removal of the other one, necessitating the need to set it up again.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/4/2023 at 1:24 PM, Zebrraa said:

One more question, since my wife and I occasionally share this car, is it possible to have MyToyota enabled for both of us?

This is mainly in terms of receiving notifications, such as alerts for unlocked doors, and utilizing remote start functionalities. So far, any attempts I've made have led to the removal of the other one, necessitating the need to set it up again.

Yes. Just add the app to your wife's phone and log in with the same details.

• Thanks 1

MyToyota App, all normal:)

Trip yesterday,  2hrs 34 minutes and 96 miles.  A straight there and back and I didn't switch off.  As expected,  after 2 000 data points the DCM was full and no more data was collected. 

Two things however were new.

About the 2 hr point which would have been the 2 000 point a message popped up on the dash suggesting time to take a break.

The other change was the journey display in the App no long stopped abruptly but displayed a straight black line to my destination. 

IIRC, on earlier long distance journeys,  more steady motorway driving, fewer speed changes, data logging would cover about 3 hrs. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links